Rex early firing QB driven

Wagon Circler

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

REx gets fired a week early after announcing that Tyrod would start. The two seem related. Whaley went right to Pegula and said let's get rid of him now so we don't expose Tyrod to injury. Makes sense. Whaley wins this one.

It is a smart business decision; Rex wasn't going to allow because he wanted to finish .500. Now we might even get the 9th pick in the draft if EJ comes through.

2 things: Tyrod's injury aspect of his contract and this is EJ's last game as a Bill and last opportunity to see if he'll be offered a new contract.

I just can't believe the Jets game matters at all for either EJ or TT's fate. I mean how much weight is this organization going to put in a performance vs. the Jets at this juncture? The Jets have completely given up. If anything I'd start Cardale at this point - he'll probably throw for 3 TD's vs Kotite's Jets. Talk about a boost of confidence.

IMO, this is strictly the Bills playing it safe with TT pending the new HC hire.

Edited by bobobonators

2 things: Tyrod's injury aspect of his contract and this is EJ's last game as a Bill and last opportunity to see if he'll be offered a new contract.

I assume EJ could be resigned at a cheaper price than Tyrod. Say it ain't "Pegula is cheap."

Edited by Dr.Sack

REx gets fired a week early after announcing that Tyrod would start. The two seem related. Whaley went right to Pegula and said let's get rid of him now so we don't expose Tyrod to injury. Makes sense. Whaley wins this one.

If they were planning on keeping Rex, then they would have allowed Tyrod to start because they would be picking up the option on Tyrod.

If they were planning on firing Rex, then it makes sense to fire him right away. So the decision to fire Rex was probably finalized because of the Miami game.

When Rex chose to punt on 4th and 2 in over time, he was signaling that his own image is more important to him than whether the Bills go to the playoffs or not. That was the final straw.

Rex didn't play to win so he can GTFO.

I just can't believe the Jets game matters at all for either EJ or TT's fate. I mean how much weight is this organization going to put in a performance vs. the Jets at this juncture? The Jets have completely given up. If anything I'd start Cardale at this point - he'll probably throw for 3 TD's vs Kotite's Jets. Talk about a boost of confidence.

IMO, this is strictly the Bills playing it safe with TT pending the new HC hire.

The game might matter in a big way. Taylor's contract bonus next season is guaranteed for injury so if he had a bad one and couldn't pass a physical before his bonus date, then the Bills would have been on the hook for about $30M. No sense in risking that.

The game might matter in a big way. Taylor's contract bonus next season is guaranteed for injury so if he had a bad one and couldn't pass a physical before his bonus date, then the Bills would have been on the hook for about $30M. No sense in risking that.

There's always a wet rubber shower mat around somewhere. :ph34r:

I think EJ has grown quite a bit as a player. He auditions well this weekend.

He's auditioning for a backup role for The Bills this Sunday. They'll let TT walk and keep EJ - if only for the delicious psycho theater drama that will engender in these parts.

EJ looked better in min-camp & pre-season but Rex felt TT had the "It" factor. Dollar for dollar, EJ is probably the better value and more a true QB for a passing league.

Go Bills!!!!!

I won't argue the second point you made - it might be true - but saying EJ looked better in camp and preseason - you just made that up. It isn't even close to being true. Only QB that could move the chains with consistency was TT and it wasn't even close.

No. Rex was fired because he's supposed to be a defensive guru and the defense was regressing.

His entire body of work got him fired. The timing vis-a-vis TT is irrelevant.