Rex early firing QB driven

Wagon Circler

2 things: Tyrod's injury aspect of his contract and this is EJ's last game as a Bill and last opportunity to see if he'll be offered a new contract.

and whom drew up that contract?

There's always a wet rubber shower mat around somewhere. :ph34r:

He's auditioning for a backup role for The Bills this Sunday. They'll let TT walk and keep EJ - if only for the delicious psycho theater drama that will engender in these parts.

smells delicious already !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

REx gets fired a week early after announcing that Tyrod would start. The two seem related. Whaley went right to Pegula and said let's get rid of him now so we don't expose Tyrod to injury. Makes sense. Whaley wins this one.

GM decides who gets put on IR. Whaley could put Tyrod on IR with injured groin and it would have been done. He has put players on IR for less.

GM decides who gets put on IR. Whaley could put Tyrod on IR with injured groin and it would have been done. He has put players on IR for less.

Right but If he's still injured come whatever date was set they still owe him 27.5m. Doesn't matter if they IR him. Edited by The Wiz

Actually overthecap has a huge take on Rex and Tyrod.

Not sure i agree with all of it but interesting to read

Interesting.

Until someone convinces me that Doug presented Rex with an option at QB better than TT, what were we to do but play the cards dealt and make the best of a fairly mediocre situation (at best).

It is a smart business decision; Rex wasn't going to allow because he wanted to finish .500. Now we might even get the 9th pick in the draft if EJ comes through.

It's only being done so TT isn't forced on them next year. I think it means he's gone, and I don't like it. As far as the draft pick goes, I really don't care. Top 10 picks have gotten us Whitner,McKelvin,Gilmore,Spiller, and countless other disappointments. We just need to draft well, not lose more games.

It's only being done so TT isn't forced on them next year. I think it means he's gone, and I don't like it. As far as the draft pick goes, I really don't care. Top 10 picks have gotten us Whitner,McKelvin,Gilmore,Spiller, and countless other disappointments. We just need to draft well, not lose more games.

I think it means he regressed, they are and have fired their coach, and likey want thier new coach to have a say.

And i dont want the option picked up and i can see that

I think it means he regressed, they are and have fired their coach, and likey want thier new coach to have a say.

And i dont want the option picked up and i can see that

We need to find a franchise QB, but starting a rookie probably means a regression to three or four wins. We really should keep TT, and try to build a soild defense. We can still develop a young QB behind him. None of this years rookie QB class are going to step in and win 9 games imo. They are all projects. I just hate to see us go further backwards.

I think EJ has grown quite a bit as a player. He auditions well this weekend.

Dream on....EJ was always a character guy, but still the deer in the headlights guy when the game speeds up. And, although his arm is strong, it is inaccurate. Sammy will go nuts if EJ stays. EJ cannot throw a long accurate ball like TT. EJ has to be gone.......why isn't Cardale ready to get a development game in........did somebody spend a fourth on a guy who could not get ready to play a game after a year on the roster? Really....that is administrative incompetance. Probabily the same administration that drafted a #1 with a bad shoulder, and a #2 with a bad knee.....

I just can't believe the Jets game matters at all for either EJ or TT's fate. I mean how much weight is this organization going to put in a performance vs. the Jets at this juncture? The Jets have completely given up. If anything I'd start Cardale at this point - he'll probably throw for 3 TD's vs Kotite's Jets. Talk about a boost of confidence.

IMO, this is strictly the Bills playing it safe with TT pending the new HC hire.

How I feel also.

We need to find a franchise QB, but starting a rookie probably means a regression to three or four wins. We really should keep TT, and try to build a soild defense. We can still develop a young QB behind him. None of this years rookie QB class are going to step in and win 9 games imo. They are all projects. I just hate to see us go further backwards.

You ever think the defensive players might be ok and it's the scheme that is holding them back, somewhat like when Rex took good players playing well and turned them into a turd. The opposite can happen.

I don't think EJ or Tyrod are going to be kept.

They better tell Tyrod to stay home then. What if Tyrod slips and breaks something jogging to the sideline?

They don't want TT playing so does that mean he is #3 on Sunday. What if EJ gets hurt? I'm sure they don't want TT seeing any action.

Edited by old school

Right but If he's still injured come whatever date was set they still owe him 27.5m. Doesn't matter if they IR him.

Yes but they do not need to fire coach to prevent him from playing game as theory was by original poster.

Thread title is misleading.

Thread is opinion which neglects important facts.

Think it was a combination of these things.

Once the Bills were eliminated made sense to fire him.

The Bills didn't want to expose TT to injury and be forced to pickup contract. Doubt they are certai nwhat they will do, but don't want anything to force their hand either

Then Rex comes out on Saturday and states he's playing TT which if the rumors are true that Rex already knew he was being let go, then likely he did it just to stick it to the Bills and force their hand to fire him now.

Maybe Monday they went to Rex to try and get him to agree to go with EJ, he refused so today he's fired.

REx gets fired a week early after announcing that Tyrod would start. The two seem related. Whaley went right to Pegula and said let's get rid of him now so we don't expose Tyrod to injury. Makes sense. Whaley wins this one.

The game might matter in a big way. Taylor's contract bonus next season is guaranteed for injury so if he had a bad one and couldn't pass a physical before his bonus date, then the Bills would have been on the hook for about $30M. No sense in risking that.

I think Rex got fired because the Bills were officially eliminated this weekend. Pegula was waiting until that happened.

You ever think the defensive players might be ok and it's the scheme that is holding them back, somewhat like when Rex took good players playing well and turned them into a turd. The opposite can happen.

I don't think EJ or Tyrod are going to be kept.

They don't want TT playing so does that mean he is #3 on Sunday. What if EJ gets hurt? I'm sure they don't want TT seeing any action.

I didn't say anything about the defense. I think the defense could be fine with a coaching change. That's why I'd like to keep TT. If we actually played defense TT could win games for us. He's not good enough to win us a championship, but would be the best option while developing a young QB. There is no one we can bring in who will win us more games than TT no matter what the defense does IMO. This is not a strong rookie class of QBs, and we probably can't get Watson or Kizer anyway. TT would be serviceable with a decent defense. We could upgrade our defense big time next year, and we'd still lose more games throwing a rookie QB out there. There is no Roethlisberger or even Wentz type in this years draft.