Hire Matt Patricia!!!

ROONDOGG55

Five things about Patricia

1. The biggest storyline around Patricia is his unique background. He attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, a Troy, New York based private research university that touts itself as the nation's oldest technological research institute. The athletic teams' nickname is "Engineers." After a season as a graduate assistant at his alma mater, Patricia, an aeronautical engineering major, worked out of football as an engineer for Hoffman Air & Filtration Systems and made good money doing so. He got back into coaching permanently when he was hired by Amherst College to coach the defensive line. He made an $8,000 salary, according to the Boston Herald. Patricia also has a master's degree in education from the University of Massachusetts.

2. Patricia bypassed a full-time coaching gig as the offensive line coach at Saint Lawrence University that would have paid "somewhere north of $30,000" to take an unpaid graduate assistant position with Paul Pasqualoni, according to The Herald. During his three seasons with the Orange, Patricia worked closely with Browns assistant offensive line coach George DeLeone, who was Syracuse's offensive coordinator. His three years of hard work paid off, as Belichick, then in his fifth season with the Patriots, hired Patricia as a coaching assistant.

3. Patricia won a Super Bowl in his first season (2004) with New England. He was quickly promoted after one season and joined Dante Scarnecchia as an assistant offensive line coach. A center when he was a player, Patricia worked almost exclusively on the offensive side of the ball until 2006, when Belichick moved him to linebackers coach. The Patriots have been a top-10 scoring defense in nine of the 10 seasons Patricia has been on the defensive side of the ball.

4. In Patricia's first season as defensive coordinator, the Patriots led the NFL with a 25 turnover differential. A consistently high ranking in that category is a major reason why Patricia's defenses have limited opponents' point totals despite relatively low rankings for yardage allowed through the air and on the ground. The hallmark has been consistency, as the Patriots rank eighth in points per game and seventh in yards per game since Patricia took over in 2012. The Patriots are second in takeaways during that period.

5. Patricia was a center and guard at R.P.I. and was a wrestler in high school. In his rise through the ranks, he hasn't found much time for sleep, and that's the way he prefers it. "Four hours is a good night," Patricia told The Boston Globe at last year's Super Bowl media day. "I enjoy sleep, there's just really not a lot of opportunity to get it. It depends, it could be a couple hours, it could be an hour, it could be three. Four hours is nice, but it doesn't happen all the time."

From Browns when he was interviewed

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I get that. Speaking for myself, I watch a lot of NE games, and their D had problems early on. Someone fixed them, and I have to assume Patricia played a role. He's clearly a smart guy. I'd be willing to give him a shot.

Constantly cycling guys in and out year in year out, and they always put a solid unit on the field. Hard to argue against this guy TBH.

They traded their best 2 defenders for a 1st round bust (to make the $$$ work), 1 2nd round pick ( a guard), and a 3rd round pick for 2017. They replaced them with castoffs Chris Long, and Shea McClellin. They also get a ton of snaps out of a 6th round rookie. Their shut-down corner was undrafted and starting by the end of his rookie year and has since become somewhat of a stud.

As much as you say - praise belichick and the scouting... when does actual coaching start to get more out of players like long, sheard, and McClellin?

Edited by dneveu

Constantly cycling guys in and out year in year out, and they always put a solid unit on the field. Hard to argue against this guy TBH.

They traded their best 2 defenders for a 1st round bust (to make the $$$ work), 1 2nd round pick ( a guard), and a 3rd round pick for 2017. They replaced them with castoffs Chris Long, and Shea McClellin. They also get a ton of snaps out of a 6th round rookie. Their shut-down corner was undrafted and starting by the end of his rookie year and has since become somewhat of a stud.

As much as you say - praise belichick and the scouting... when does actual coaching start to get more out of players like long, sheard, and McClellin?

Yep Ernie Adams value chart causes a ton of movement on the defense and always performs.

He was my No 1 tgt two years ago. Remains my No 1 TGT

Another feather in his cap. You want the Seattle Dominant defense

Over the last three seasons, the 2014 Seattle Seahawks surrendered the fewest points allowed with 254. The 2016 Patriots have allowed 236 points, so if they allow 17 or less points to the Dolphins, they will be the stingiest defense in three years, in terms of points surrendered.

Edited by MAJBobby

Read Pats forums they do NOT want Patricia to get a job in the AFC

As i said in another thread....I live up here in NE and NOBODY thinks of MP as HC material.....

Sure their forums say something different

I don't think their defense is that good (they are always playing with the lead due to the offense which helps a lot)!and he looks homeless. Other than that, fosho

About to beat Sea 2014 defense in PPG (if hold MIA to 17 or less)

Yeah pretty freaking good

Read Pats forums they do NOT want Patricia to get a job in the AFC

Sure their forums say something different

About to beat Sea 2014 defense in PPG (if hold MIA to 17 or less)

Yeah pretty freaking good

Post a link

Hard pass on either NE coordinator.

They are both going to fail miserably (second time in a row for JM) when they're out of BB's shadow.

My dream scenario -- which is admittedly a dream -- would be Toub HC, Lynn OC, Bradley DC.

But seriously, f the p*ts and their lousy HC candidates.

Now that my friends is a hardcore Bills fan!

Patriot hatred to the core!

Booyah! :thumbsup::worthy: