Hire Matt Patricia!!!

ROONDOGG55

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is out of football because he fell off. Has nothing to do with crossing BB.

Wow pats fans really are arrogant

He was AFC coach of the year in 2006

And exposed the cheats for thier cheating ways and for that i will be forever grateful

lol I can see how you thought that was arrogant. (Although I praised Mangini threw most of it.) My point was since he went against BB wishes he wasn't even welcomed back in as a coordinator in NE. (Unlike McDaniels, the others made $$$ elsewhere like Weis and Romeo and didn't want come back)

Mangini has even said that his one regret was destroying his relationship with BB. Mangini is a very smart man and IMO would have corrected the ship in NY if he had another year or two. (I mean 11-5 and 8-8 I think EVen Bills fans would give him year 3 )

Now get back on topic I don't think either coordinator will take the job in Buffalo. They have the luxury of choosing and or waiting and well if you were going for a job and see that ion 6 years 3 different people have done the job and been fired would you leave your current job to take it? (Meanwhile LA stuck with Fisher for like ever!)

Tell that to cleveland, and denver, and kansas city. Seriously if you want to just cherry pick we can do that too. How about some actual stats besides the fact the guy is very smart. Lots of very smart guys are floating around out there, including many other rocket engineers. Sorry but I know he's been successful in NE but a lot of guys have. And then they failed on their own.

KC? Are you talking about Romeo or the head of Football Ops that they got from NE they then Fired?

As for Cleveland.. come on man it's CLEVELAND! That doesn't count as a true chance! Lol

Denver, McDaniels got to much power for his first HC job that was on them. He should just been a coach and that's that. But he was right on 2 out of 3 deals. The one he got wrong was TeBow.

lol I can see how you thought that was arrogant. (Although I praised Mangini threw most of it.) My point was since he went against BB wishes he wasn't even welcomed back in as a coordinator in NE. (Unlike McDaniels, the others made $$$ elsewhere like Weis and Romeo and didn't want come back)

Mangini has even said that his one regret was destroying his relationship with BB. Mangini is a very smart man and IMO would have corrected the ship in NY if he had another year or two. (I mean 11-5 and 8-8 I think EVen Bills fans would give him year 3 )

Now get back on topic I don't think either coordinator will take the job in Buffalo. They have the luxury of choosing and or waiting and well if you were going for a job and see that ion 6 years 3 different people have done the job and been fired would you leave your current job to take it? (Meanwhile LA stuck with Fisher for like ever!)

KC? Are you talking about Romeo or the head of Football Ops that they got from NE they then Fired?

As for Cleveland.. come on man it's CLEVELAND! That doesn't count as a true chance! Lol

Denver, McDaniels got to much power for his first HC job that was on them. He should just been a coach and that's that. But he was right on 2 out of 3 deals. The one he got wrong was TeBow.

He wasnt welcomed back because SpyGate thats why really.

And thay also shows the shallow understanding of NE fans and media. They see 6 years 3 coaches.

Now lets break that down.

Chan Gailey - Fired when Brandon essentially became Owner

Marrone - powerplayed new owner (Pegula) lost and quit

Leading to Rex

Rex took a Top 5 defense invested heavily in it and it regressed every year so was held accountable

Wheb you actually look at it doesnt look as bad as people make it out to be.

Ooo and Pegulas and Krafts are really close

Edited by MAJBobby

Address the crux of my argument, then maybe you'll see my point ;)

I don't know what the crux of your argument is other than that you seem to be claiming that BB beats up on his former assistants even more than he beats up on other teams. Other than that, I have no idea what your argument is.

Unproven, Defensive-based guy isnt our long term solution for this franchise.

Unproven is the key here.

He's a name. He's hype. Nothing more imo. Put him outside the p*triot way, which took years to build, and take away the safety net of having the best QB in the game to cover up for your sins and what are you left with?

A name and a beard.

JM is just as flawed though. He was terrible on his own and has shown nothing to think he's going to be better the second time around.

I don't know what the crux of your argument is other than that you seem to be claiming that BB beats up on his former assistants even more than he beats up on other teams. Other than that, I have no idea what your argument is.

I know you don't. Which is why it's funny you're so against what I'm saying. Helps to understand it before you criticize. ;)

I said his success is a product of BB and the p*triot system. Take him out of that and he's an unknown. Ask him to build his own system he might surprise -- but the chances of him being able to do so in the division w his mentor (who owns his former assistants in the w-l) column is a fools errand. Doubly so when he won't have the leeway or control BB has to implement his system. Not with Whaley still hanging around.

Give me someone who has a track record outside of NE. it's really a very simple argument.

Unproven is the key here.

He's a name. He's hype. Nothing more imo. Put him outside the p*triot way, which took years to build, and take away the safety net of having the best QB in the game to cover up for your sins and what are you left with?

A name and a beard.

JM is just as flawed though. He was terrible on his own and has shown nothing to think he's going to be better the second time around.

McDaniel wasn't terrible. He won a playoff game in his first season and things went off the rails in year two.

As for Patricia, he's been with the Pats a while now, and the defense is well run. Some of that is BB, obviously, but some is definitely MP. He's almost by definition smarter than most NFL coaches. That to me is inarguable. Intelligence is a good attribute to have. Just ask Wesleyan grad BB.

McDaniel wasn't terrible. He won a playoff game in his first season and things went off the rails in year two.

As for Patricia, he's been with the Pats a while now, and the defense is well run. Some of that is BB, obviously, but some is definitely MP. He's almost by definition smarter than most NFL coaches. That to me is inarguable. Intelligence is a good attribute to have. Just ask Wesleyan grad BB.

He was terrible. His support of a guy who has no business being a QB made that clear. He's a fraud and the next team that hires him will regret it.

Hope it's not us.

Address the crux of my argument, then maybe you'll see my point ;)

Mangini 23 - 25 in NY with only ONE losing season (middle year went 4-12 then improved to 9-7 next year and was fired)

Romeo 4-15 with KC, he never got a real chance put his plan in place.

Weis - only college HC

McDaniels -- 11-17 and I say again was given to much power for first time coach

Bill O'Brien 27-20 and won his division twice in three years.

So outside of Romeo none of them have truly sucked and 2-4 made the playoffs at least once.

I also excluded Cleveland as that organization is all kinds of messed up and hopeless.

He was terrible. His support of a guy who has no business being a QB made that clear. He's a fraud and the next team that hires him will regret it.

Hope it's not us.

Support? You mean drafting TeBow? That was a mistake but he had the brains to trade the POC Cuttler away. Edited by PatsFanNH

Hope it's not us.

Do you factor intelligence into coaching potential? I do. Call me crazy. And as a Yankees fan, I like engineers. Girardi has a degree in mechanical engineering from Northwestern and is a great frickin' coach because he's great on the details, analytical, and sees the big picture. The Yankees had no business finishing above .500 the last two years but did anyway because he's a great coach.

Do you factor intelligence into coaching potential? I do. Call me crazy. And as a Yankees fan, I like engineers. Girardi has a degree in mechanical engineering from Northwestern and is a great frickin' coach because he's great on the details, analytical, and sees the big picture. The Yankees had no business finishing above .500 the last two years but did anyway because he's a great coach.

The Bills have had three good/great coaches in their 57 year history. Lou Saban, Chuck Knox, and Marv. Only Marv was any kind of intellectual or great thinker or great student/highly educated. All were damn good football minds.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I just have come to decide its just the Patriots if Patricia was in Seattle and same success everyone would be drooling.

Remember Gase was just a product of Peyton Manning til he took the Fins to playoffs year 1

Edited by MAJBobby

I just have come to decide its just the Patriots if Patricia was in Seattle and same success everyone would be drooling.

Remember Gase was just a product of Peyton Manning til he took the Fins to playoffs year 1

Lmao you are probably right! I think he will be offered a job maybe even two... it will be interesting if he feels they offer him a chance to succeed. (Sigh another year having replace both Coordinators for BB he will promote from within as usual. lol I wonder if his son Steven get the DC position.)

Mangini 23 - 25 in NY with only ONE losing season (middle year went 4-12 then improved to 9-7 next year and was fired)

Romeo 4-15 with KC, he never got a real chance put his plan in place.

Weis - only college HC

McDaniels -- 11-17 and I say again was given to much power for first time coach

Bill O'Brien 27-20 and won his division twice in three years.

So outside of Romeo none of them have truly sucked and 2-4 made the playoffs at least once.

I also excluded Cleveland as that organization is all kinds of messed up and hopeless.

Support? You mean drafting TeBow? That was a mistake but he had the brains to trade the POC Cuttler away.

Again, in-division is the key. BO has the benefit of being out of BB's division and in the league's weakest division. That helps. MP getting a HC job outside the division is his best hope -- it just doesn't apply to us.

Mangini was 3-5 vs BB. He also never won the division. He also got to 9-7 the year Br*dy was out. His record isn't that impressive.

The Bills need to focus on winning the division, not making the wild card.

Of course intelligence counts, and again I'm not offering any of this as fact, just my opinion in a conversational sense. :beer:

It's just not the end all be all of deciding on a coach. There's football smarts, situational smarts, people smarts, and book smarts. Not everyone who's book smart has those other smarts -- which are arguably more important. MP. from all I've heard from players I speak to, is book smart and people smart (as in players like him). I can't speak to the rest and his football smarts are an unknown as he has no track record outside of BB... and BB/Br*dy can cover for a lot of sins.

When I look at MP I see a guy who has never coached outside of NE. His stops in college were minimal, he's a complete unknown outside of BB's shadow. If he were to come to Buffalo he'd be going from the penthouse to the outhouse in terms of organizational structure and competence. He'd have no HOF QB to save his bacon and no HOF mentor to help out. He'd also lack the organizational and fan support that he's enjoyed while a DC.

And, even if he wanted to implement his own version of the p*triot way, he would have to work with Whaley and deal with a desperately fickle fan base who has zero patience for the type of structural rebuild that would probably be required -- especially when he's getting his butt handed to him twice a year by his former boss.

The press loves to fawn over the p*triots, because they win. Thus, guys like MP and JM get more hype than they deserve when it comes to the "hot candidates" in any off season. I know people want to give JM a second chance, and he'll get it. But it shouldn't be here imo. MP could be a surprise... but based on his complete lack of a CV outside of New England, it's a big bet to make.

My problem with Patricia/McDaniel or any other coach whose team is going to make a deep playoff run...will their team allow them to be interviewed prior to playoff exit? I don't want to see the Bills get caught in no mans land.

Not that worried. Between all the openings right now (Buf, Jax, LA), LA is the only one that might draw coaches away from us. And that is only based on LA being a better place to live than Buffalo. But for a coach that wants to be able to win right away, Buffalo is their best shot.

Again, in-division is the key. BO has the benefit of being out of BB's division and in the league's weakest division. That helps. MP getting a HC job outside the division is his best hope -- it just doesn't apply to us.

Mangini was 3-5 vs BB. He also never won the division. He also got to 9-7 the year Br*dy was out. His record isn't that impressive.

The Bills need to focus on winning the division, not making the wild card.

Of course intelligence counts, and again I'm not offering any of this as fact, just my opinion in a conversational sense. :beer:

It's just not the end all be all of deciding on a coach. There's football smarts, situational smarts, people smarts, and book smarts. Not everyone who's book smart has those other smarts -- which are arguably more important. MP. from all I've heard from players I speak to, is book smart and people smart (as in players like him). I can't speak to the rest and his football smarts are an unknown as he has no track record outside of BB... and BB/Br*dy can cover for a lot of sins.

When I look at MP I see a guy who has never coached outside of NE. His stops in college were minimal, he's a complete unknown outside of BB's shadow. If he were to come to Buffalo he'd be going from the penthouse to the outhouse in terms of organizational structure and competence. He'd have no HOF QB to save his bacon and no HOF mentor to help out. He'd also lack the organizational and fan support that he's enjoyed while a DC.

And, even if he wanted to implement his own version of the p*triot way, he would have to work with Whaley and deal with a desperately fickle fan base who has zero patience for the type of structural rebuild that would probably be required -- especially when he's getting his butt handed to him twice a year by his former boss.

The press loves to fawn over the p*triots, because they win. Thus, guys like MP and JM get more hype than they deserve when it comes to the "hot candidates" in any off season. I know people want to give JM a second chance, and he'll get it. But it shouldn't be here imo. MP could be a surprise... but based on his complete lack of a CV outside of New England, it's a big bet to make.

How about they just focus on winning. And this coach will help that alot

He wasnt welcomed back because SpyGate thats why really.

And thay also shows the shallow understanding of NE fans and media. They see 6 years 3 coaches.

Now lets break that down.

Chan Gailey - Fired when Brandon essentially became Owner

Marrone - powerplayed new owner (Pegula) lost and quit

Leading to Rex

Rex took a Top 5 defense invested heavily in it and it regressed every year so was held accountable

Wheb you actually look at it doesnt look as bad as people make it out to be.

Ooo and Pegulas and Krafts are really close

No, if you understand the situation it's not the trainwreck outlets like ESPN are painting it as. I've seen several national guys say the situation with Whaley is incredibly toxic and Marrone ran away to avoid it, when in reality Marrone's contract contained a clause he would be foolish not to exercise and I do believe he had the Jets job lined up until they got scared off about tampering charges.

Some people are convinced Belichick holds some personal vendetta against us and is out to screw us every way possible.