Hire Matt Patricia!!!

ROONDOGG55

Note from the piece that Belichick is ALL about the math equations when it comes to people. And a 1400 SAT score in 1970 was ~99th percentile.

+1. Goodell is vacuous,

A person can be vacuous and incompetent. But that isn't what makes me most contemptuous of him. It is his lack of integrity and honesty. He was on a campaign to destroy someone when he knew very early that that there was no provable case and precedent for his actions. He did whatever he wanted to do not because of the merits of the case but because he had the authority to demonstrate his authority. He acted like a two bit African potentate who crushes people who have the audacity to challenge him. He was too arrogant and pompous to be shameless about his behavior.

In this ridiculously stupid saga there were many points where he had the opportunity to come to some accommodation and conclude this ludicrous situation. He wouldn't or couldn't because of his own character flaws. Brady's reputation is in tact. This clown's reputation is forever besmirched. And this fool probably isn't self-aware enough to be aware that is is being snickered at. In Texas they say "big hat no cattle". In NY they say "big office no substance".

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A person can be vacuous and incompetent. But that isn't what makes me most contemptuous of him. It is his lack of integrity and honesty. He was on a campaign to destroy someone when he knew very early that that there was no provable case and precedent for his actions. He did whatever he wanted to do not because of the merits of the case but because he had the authority to demonstrate his authority. He acted like a two bit African potentate who crushes people who have the audacity to challenge him. He was too arrogant and pompous to be shameless about his behavior.

In this ridiculously stupid saga there were many points where he had the opportunity to come to some accommodation and conclude this ludicrous situation. He wouldn't or couldn't because of his own character flaws. Brady's reputation is in tact. This clown's reputation is forever besmirched. And this fool probably isn't self-aware enough to be aware that is is being snickered at. In Texas they say "big hat no cattle". In NY they say "big office no substance".

What makes it worse IMO is the constant mess ups in his office. From the RaybRice incident "we never got the tape" to Bountygate where he suspended the HC for a year even though he was cleared of having any knowledge of said activity.

The Commish office has been horrid on every investigation no matter what team it was on. I can't remember a more incompetent Commish in my life!

What makes it worse IMO is the constant mess ups in his office. From the RaybRice incident "we never got the tape" to Bountygate where he suspended the HC for a year even though he was cleared of having any knowledge of said activity.

The Commish office has been horrid on every investigation no matter what team it was on. I can't remember a more incompetent Commish in my life!

There is a simple explanation for the steady stream of boondoggles: Incompetence. Instead of professionalizing the handling of disciplinary issues he personalized it. The office handling discipline issues should have been staffed with professionals who objectively investigate cases.

Roger's talents have little to do with his adroitness in the management realm. He is a weasel. He knows how to maneuver and ingratiate himself to get a position and retain his position. The problem is that he isn't capable as a leader and manager in the position. Or another way of saying it he is a tool. If you have little pride it's still a worthwhile endeavor because it pays well.

The reality for shallow people like him is that the less they actually do the better off the business functions. The more active and involved he gets the more chaotic and complex problems become. My advice to him would be to stay silent and inactive and enjoy the perks. His legacy has already been written. Trust me it's nothing to be proud of.

Again..........it wasn't personal. :doh:

Goodell loved Bob Kraft.......probably the owner he was closest to.

He simply had to levy the penalty the other 31 owners demanded for the Pats continually playing loose with the rules despite being handed an EPIC pass on Spygate.

And that meant following the charade to the inevitable legal end.

It was NEVER about deflated balls.........it was about Krafty's team cheating his partners.....and their belief that cheating was still going on(headsets, stealing playbooks etc.) and their building anger because they didn't/couldn't levy an appropriate fine in the first place. :lol:

You guys are like a kid with a blindfold on swinging at a piñata named Goodell while Dad(from Rooney to Pegula) is pulling the string to keep you from getting a clean shot and breaking it. :lol:

Get over it......Goodell is just doing what he's told to do.......you look foolish directing anger at him.......direct it at the NFL if you think the other 31 teams are wrong. :doh:

He simply had to levy the penalty the other 31 owners demanded for the Pats continually playing loose with the rules despite being handed an EPIC pass on Spygate.

It was NEVER about deflated balls.........it was about Krafty's team cheating his partners.....and their belief that cheating was still going on(headsets, stealing playbooks etc.) and their building anger because they didn't/couldn't levy an appropriate fine in the first place. :lol:

You guys are like a kid with a blindfold on swinging at a piñata named Goodell while Dad(from Rooney to Pegula) is pulling the string to keep you from getting a clean shot and breaking it. :lol:

Get over it......Goodell is just doing what he's told to do.......you look foolish directing anger at him.......direct it at the NFL if you think the other 31 teams are wrong. :doh:

Hell yeah. Goodell is the bad guy, for punishing cheating? The Patriots are the real victim here, apparently. How dare they get caught cheating!

Belichick went to Wesleyan (econ major) and is objectively smart. Not sure why you think he's a B student, if I'm reading you correctly. If you are suggesting this, you are simply wrong. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/16/sports/pro-football-for-belichick-an-economy-of-thought.html?_r=0

Note from the piece that Belichick is ALL about the math equations when it comes to people. And a 1400 SAT score in 1970 was ~99th percentile.

+1. Goodell is vacuous,

I never said Belichick wasn't a genius........I'm a great admirer of how he put it all together.

Point is......that there are many levels of intelligence/awareness beyond just being "book smart".

BB has it on many levels......and he is also smart enough to understand and suppress his weaknesses and that prevents them from disrupting his carefully cultured environment.

Patricia strikes me as a flake.....possibly brilliant in some regards.....though not amazing as a DC by any means.........and also fat, sloppy, and now prone to lowering himself to levels he wouldn't want his players to go.........these are traits I can deal with in an opposing HC. :thumbsup:

Smart does not scare me........smart with character flaws/weaknesses gets beaten and fired as a HC too.

HUGE step down from Belichick if it happens. YUUUUUUUGE. :thumbsup:

The whole episode was a fiasco because it wasn't really about the condition of the footballs. That is blatantly obvious. You can be blind and still see this facade. That it is why the commissioner and the owners look like fools now. How do you think these jealous losers feel when Kraft raised the Lombardi trophy? He was symbolically saying to them, especially the Colt owner, I should shove this grand trophy up your collective losing arses.

Roger gets paid a lot of money to do the dirty work of the owners and be the target so the arrows don't go to them. That doesn't mean that because he is doing what he is paid to do that he isn't an insufferable fool and lacks integrity. He's the shoe shine boy who cleans the shiit that the owners step into. Just because he is a well paid stooge that doesn't mean I have to respect this hollow man.

it still all comes down to football. And someone needs to knock their dick I the dirt. And since i don't play in the NFL I can't. Buy if I did I would lay Brady out to dry with a cheap shot so bad I'd get a suspension. That's what I think of him. And that team. And the rest of the NFL are just a bunch of blowhard ballerinas dancing for money afraid to buck the system and end up like Burfict.

I never said Belichick wasn't a genius........I'm a great admirer of how he put it all together.

Point is......that there are many levels of intelligence/awareness beyond just being "book smart".

BB has it on many levels......and he is also smart enough to understand and suppress his weaknesses and that prevents them from disrupting his carefully cultured environment.

Patricia strikes me as a flake.....possibly brilliant in some regards.....though not amazing as a DC by any means.........and also fat, sloppy, and now prone to lowering himself to levels he wouldn't want his players to go.........these are traits I can deal with in an opposing HC. :thumbsup:

Smart does not scare me........smart with character flaws/weaknesses gets beaten and fired as a HC too.

Everything I've heard of Patricia is that he's as OCD as BB. He brings notes to SB media day and watches opposing players to see if they're limping or show any signs of weakness.

Hell yeah. Goodell is the bad guy, for punishing cheating? The Patriots are the real victim here, apparently. How dare they get caught cheating!

I said nothing about the Pats, I just said his office is incompetent. I literally chose Ray Rice (Raven) where he said "we never got that tape." When they did and it was proven. (I thought at the time a screw up which is bad enough, now I think the man just outright lied.)

Then I chose BountyGate (Saints) where he suspended Sean peyton even though his OWN investigation said he was completely innocent. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Then you can add on the Giants Punter who they KNEW about for a year his domestic abuse and never did anything.

I can keep going with NON Pats examples of his OFFICE Incompetence if you like. I know he is the hit man for the Owners but these examples hurt the image of the league and none were owner driven to hide or not punish etc. (except maybe the Punter, but I doubt the Giants cared that much about a PUNTER!)

if this was a court of law youd be correct on your feelings. But the facta differ and that is tat gooddell can do about whatever he pleases. And if this was the first time cheating was thrown at the patriots it be different. If it was the second time, maybe still different. But they've proven to be cheaters and they can't change that. This is why I was Boston nothing but horrible things and hope the patriots plane crashes in to an Isis compound so they can restore a good name to themselves.

They're a classless team from a weak town cast upon by a lazy stereotype.

Everything I've heard of Patricia is that he's as OCD as BB. He brings notes to SB media day and watches opposing players to see if they're limping or show any signs of weakness.

he's the pats next HC

I guess I just disagree with you about the character flaws. His weight and beard mean nothing to me. A lot of the smartest, most all-around competent people I know are bearded and heavy-set.

Belichick, Patricia, Greggo......all very detailed. :flirt:

I don't think people appreciate that there is a lot more to what Belichick has built than analytics........suppressing weaknesses has played a huge role in the buy-in he gets from players.

I'm not even saying Patricia wouldn't make a GOOD HC........but I do not see Bill Belichick in there AT ALL.

Belichick, Patricia, Greggo......all very detailed. :flirt:

I don't think people appreciate that there is a lot more to what Belichick has built than analytics........suppressing weaknesses has played a huge role in the buy-in he gets from players.

I'm not even saying Patricia wouldn't make a GOOD HC........but I do not see Bill Belichick in there AT ALL.

I don't disagree with this, but let's bear in mind that BB is the best ever. As for Patricia, something tells me that he's about 50 times smarter than Gregg-o, a fraud who got buy on bounty-style thuggery (and still does, if Rams games from the past two seasons are evidence).

I don't disagree with this, but let's bear in mind that BB is the best ever. As for Patricia, something tells me that he's about 50 times smarter than Gregg-o, a fraud who got buy on bounty-style thuggery (and still does, if Rams games from the past two seasons are evidence).

Greggo is a fraud for sure....... but would you say unequivocally that Patricia has been a better DC? :flirt:

The Patricia love is VERY MUCH about his perceived potential and much less about his actual work while serving under arguably the greatest HC and.....defensive srategist...... in NFL history.

That's what you call a "red flag".

I think it's fair to wonder if BB doesn't really WANT what he perceives as HC stock working for him.....continuity is so valued.

Perhaps he WANTS guys that are best suited to be assistants.

Greggo is a fraud for sure....... but would you say unequivocally that Patricia has been a better DC? :flirt:

The Patricia love is VERY MUCH about his perceived potential and much less about his actual work while serving under arguably the greatest HC and.....defensive srategist...... in NFL history.

That's what you call a "red flag".

I think it's fair to wonder if BB doesn't really WANT what he perceives as HC stock working for him.....continuity is so valued.

Perhaps he WANTS guys that are best suited to be assistants.

You could be right. I just don't know enough. The Pats D has been been in the top 10 in points allowed every year he has been the DC there (since 2012), which is pretty good and a better run than Gregg-o ever had. I realize that the HC has something to do with that, of course.

Well the 31 owners would tend to disagree with you. The owners game Roger this power as did the NFLPA. The problem is in todays society no one will accept punishment for anything so the first time you're punished for anything you take it to court, where as 25 years ago people would have accepted it. And in most of these cases, there isn't enough evidence to hold up in court. Now you could argue that should be enough, accept my understanding is the NFLPA agreed to let Roger be the sole arbiter in these cases. So then after agreeing to this, they go to court.

You mention Bountygate. Do you really believe the Saints did absolutely nothing wrong, or was there just not enough "legal proof" which again shouldn't matter since they gave the commissioners office this power.

Well the 31 owners would tend to disagree with you. The owners game Roger this power as did the NFLPA. The problem is in todays society no one will accept punishment for anything so the first time you're punished for anything you take it to court, where as 25 years ago people would have accepted it. And in most of these cases, there isn't enough evidence to hold up in court. Now you could argue that should be enough, accept my understanding is the NFLPA agreed to let Roger be the sole arbiter in these cases. So then after agreeing to this, they go to court.

You mention Bountygate. Do you really believe the Saints did absolutely nothing wrong, or was there just not enough "legal proof" which again shouldn't matter since they gave the commissioners office this power.

Well Bountygate I think they did something, but my point was the HC who was found by his own investigation to have nothing to do with it was suspended for a year. (Also if I remember correctly almost all his suspensions were either revoked or greatly reduced on appeal. )

As for the players taking him to court, I think the Appeal win in deflategate was the FIRST win the NFL has had in court in years against the NFLPA. (I remember hearing something about that but can't remember the exact details.)

As for the CBA I think that's why the owners let Roger Goodell be so incompetent they Know He keeps handing out suspensions like he does the NFLPA will negotiate that clause out and give the owners $$ back. $$ all the owners truly care about.

(Oh and I want stay on other teams as I like most fans am passionate about defending my own team. While others (that I neither like or hate) I can be neutral on.

You are again missing the point. It's obvious that he felt compelled to act because of the pressure from the other jealous owners. Who is saying otherwise? The point that I am making and that you aren't grasping is that this hollow man with no principles other than to do whatever he had to survive in a treacherous work environment is an unethical and dishonest piece of crap. If you can't understand that simple point then I don't know what else to say.

Of course I know Goodell was doing the bidding of the other owners. That is as obvious as saying that Trump has problems handling criticism. You are not adding anything new to this discussion with that repeated point.

The bungling Goodell allowed the situation to get so out of hand that most of the owners who were hiding behind the curtain like jealous school girls later wanted this uncontrollable fire to end. The empty suit was so invested in protecting his shattered shield that his mountainous ego would not allow a pathway to a quicker and more rational resolution. Something that even the cowardly owners wanted toward the end of this tawdry and laughable episode.

Capiche?

Goodell demonstrated his love by betraying him in order to ingratiate himself with the rest of the bosses. What weasels know how to do well is survive and maneuver within a treacherous environment. The only thing that Roger is good at is surviving.

You can be confident that Goodell's purported love for Kraft will never be rekindled by the proud owner. He is never going to forget, and he shouldn't.

Edited by JohnC