Hire Matt Patricia!!!

ROONDOGG55

Well Bountygate I think they did something, but my point was the HC who was found by his own investigation to have nothing to do with it was suspended for a year. (Also if I remember correctly almost all his suspensions were either revoked or greatly reduced on appeal. )

As for the players taking him to court, I think the Appeal win in deflategate was the FIRST win the NFL has had in court in years against the NFLPA. (I remember hearing something about that but can't remember the exact details.)

As for the CBA I think that's why the owners let Roger Goodell be so incompetent they Know He keeps handing out suspensions like he does the NFLPA will negotiate that clause out and give the owners $$ back. $$ all the owners truly care about.

(Oh and I want stay on other teams as I like most fans am passionate about defending my own team. While others (that I neither like or hate) I can be neutral on.

It's funny that you think that the owners feel his seeming "incompetence" is a happy accident.

He marches to the orders of the owners and their counsel(of which he is a key part).

Yes, the heavy handed treatment regarding drug use and conduct is little more than a bargaining chip created for the next CBA........but that is a group strategy........not some lucky mistake made by a bumbling idiot.

They pay him CEO money to deal with people displacing their anger on him.........and the owners are laughing all the way to the bank.

Considering what he's been up against he is WAY better at his job......making the owners wealthier......... than the more free-thinking Paul Tagliabue.

I

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are again missing the point. It's obvious that he felt compelled to act because of the pressure from the other jealous owners. Who is saying otherwise? The point that I am making and that you aren't grasping is that this hollow man with no principles other than to do whatever he had to survive in a treacherous work environment is an unethical and dishonest piece of crap. If you can't understand that simple point then I don't know what else to say.

Of course I know Goodell was doing the bidding of the other owners. That is as obvious as saying that Trump has problems handling criticism. You are not adding nothing new to this discussion with that repeated point.

The bungling Goodell allowed the situation to get so out of hand that most of the owners who were hiding behind the curtain like jealous school girls later wanted this uncontrollable fire to end. The empty suit was so invested in protecting his shattered shield that his mountainous ego would not allow a pathway to a quicker and more rational resolution. Something that even the cowardly owners wanted toward the end of this tawdry and laughable episode.

Capiche?

NO SH*T he was compelled.........he WORKS for them. :doh::doh::doh:

The owners got what they wanted with the suspension.

It's not his fault that he was tasked to create a phony excuse he had to follow to the end.......the owners dropped the ball in the first place by not going Joe Jackson on Belichick because of their own selfish interests.

They tried to police the Pats from within and Krafty surprised them by being a shiesty partner.

Roger does what the owners want him to do.

Just like ALL of the other league commissioners.

The difference is that Goodell isn't weakened or bent by criticism......and subsequently puts a bigger piece of the pie in his bosses pocket.

It's funny that you think that the owners feel his seeming "incompetence" is a happy accident.

He marches to the orders of the owners and their counsel(of which he is a key part).

Yes, the heavy handed treatment regarding drug use and conduct is little more than a bargaining chip created for the next CBA........but that is a group strategy........not some lucky mistake made by a bumbling idiot.

They pay him CEO money to deal with people displacing their anger on him.........and the owners are laughing all the way to the bank.

Considering what he's been up against he is WAY better at his job......making the owners wealthier......... than the more free-thinking Paul Tagliabue.

I

With respect to the highlighted area I'm confident that the league would still be raking in the money even without this clumsy commissioner. You know very well most of the money comes from TV revenues. RG is not the main instrument in those negotiations. The owners would never trust this volatile and emotional man to do the cold blooded and gritty negotiating for them.

NO SH*T he was compelled.........he WORKS for them. :doh::doh::doh:

The owners got what they wanted with the suspension.

It's not his fault that he was tasked to create a phony excuse he had to follow to the end.......the owners dropped the ball in the first place by not going Joe Jackson on Belichick because of their own selfish interests.

They tried to police the Pats from within and Krafty surprised them by being a shiesty partner.

Roger does what the owners want him to do.

Just like ALL of the other league commissioners.

The difference is that Goodell isn't weakened or bent by criticism......and subsequently puts a bigger piece of the pie in his bosses pocket.

In the end the owners got exactly what they deserved: Robert Kraft hoisting the trophy and basically tell them all to shove it up your stinking pie hole.

With respect to the highlighted area I'm confident that the league would still be raking in the money even without this clumsy commissioner. You know very well most of the money comes from TV revenues. RG is not the main instrument in those negotiations. The owners would never trust this volatile and emotional man to do the cold blooded and gritty negotiating for them.

I thought you said he was a vacuous drone? :lol: You are all over the place on Goodell and that should tell you something. :flirt:

In the end the owners got exactly what they deserved: Robert Kraft hoisting the trophy and basically tell them all to shove it up your stinking pie hole.

THERE YOU GO! :thumbsup:

I

I know what your response will be, but if Goodell ever says something that isn't pablum that was first tested by the most milquetoast focus group in America, it'll be the first time. Tagliabue was at least smart and periodically interesting. And I think Jeff Pash (who worked as a partner at Covington and Burling -- one of the nation's elite firms -- with Tagliabue) runs the league as much as Goodell does. Also, Tagliabue/Pash created the prevailing labor peace conditions, not Goodell. He just inherited them.

I thought you said he was a vacuous drone? :lol: You are all over the place on Goodell and that should tell you something. :flirt:

I said he was vacuous, not John.

THERE YOU GO! :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to be difficult for the sake of being difficult here. With respect to the highlighted area I have no clue what your response means. It seems nonsensical to me. Again, I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing but your highlighted comment has me confused.

I

He has def done a great job at making the owners more wealthy! I also agree it's a strategy by the owners that he carries out, but he is like Barbie Fyfe type incompetent at times. (I mean being caught in outright lies as he has been hurts their image.)

Mind you this all goes away after the next CBA when that article given him absolute power is negotiated away. (God knows what the players will have to give up to get it removed.)

I'm not trying to be difficult for the sake of being difficult here. With respect to the highlighted area I have no clue what your response means. It seems nonsensical to me. Again, I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing but your highlighted comment has me confused.

My bad I thought you and dave mcbride were in agreement about Goodell but you guys have opposite takes on his persona.

That's consistent with my point though..........people are all over the place about him.

But I think dave is closer to right.......Goodell simply plays the role.......which is why he usually plays it cool when he visits this forum to answer the tough questions for us. :thumbsup:

My bad I thought you and dave mcbride were in agreement about Goodell but you guys have opposite takes on his persona.

That's consistent with my point though..........people are all over the place about him.

But I think dave is closer to right.......Goodell simply plays the role.......which is why he usually plays it cool when he visits this forum to answer the tough questions for us. :thumbsup:

You are off the mark. We are both very much in agreement about Goodell. To say that we have opposite takes is another perplexing interpretation coming from you on this topic. How you come to your conclusion is baffling? But that's okay. We have exhausted the issue and are now dancing in circles to different music. :thumbsup:

You are off the mark. We are both very much in agreement about Goodell. To say that we have opposite takes is another perplexing interpretation coming from you on this topic. How you come to your conclusion is baffling? But that's okay. We have exhausted the issue and are now dancing in circles to different music. :thumbsup:

You said Goodell is "volatile and emotional" and dave says he's a "vacuous drone".

Which is it? :doh:

Like I said........you may both agree that you don't like him but you are talking about two seemingly different personalities.

"Volatile and emotional" Goodell? Still waters run deep I guess. :lol:

You were right when you directed your anger at the owners...........raging at Goodell for doing their bidding......HIS JOB......is ridiculous. :lol:

You said Goodell is "volatile and emotional" and dave says he's a "vacuous drone".

Which is it? :doh:

Like I said........you may both agree that you don't like him but you are talking about two seemingly different personalities.

"Volatile and emotional" Goodell? Still waters run deep I guess. :lol:

You were right when you directed your anger at the owners...........raging at Goodell for doing their bidding......HIS JOB......is ridiculous. :lol:

It is both. He's an empty vessel. You may not believe that it is possible but I do.

During the labor negotiations there was a standing bet on the side of the union to predict how long before he would erupt and have to be excused because he was a raging lunatic. The meetings went on him without him and the negotiations continued.

Let's just leave this issue and move on. We are both arguing in circles and nothing is to be gained. No rancor just pleasantly walking away. :D

Patricia is a fool, he came off the airplane with the Goddell clown shirt on that was created by the BarFool Sports owner. An aspiring head coach should know better.

Yes because owners of a team are going sag "no sorry your the best qualified but you made fun of the Commish with your Tahiti back in 2017." Come on man! They don't care if he called Goodell a tool.. they just want to win and make more money because they are winning!

it still all comes down to football. And someone needs to knock their dick I the dirt. And since i don't play in the NFL I can't. Buy if I did I would lay Brady out to dry with a cheap shot so bad I'd get a suspension. That's what I think of him. And that team. And the rest of the NFL are just a bunch of blowhard ballerinas dancing for money afraid to buck the system and end up like Burfict.

Brady would kick your arse. Just like Richard Sherman would.

Yes because owners of a team are going sag "no sorry your the best qualified but you made fun of the Commish with your Tahiti back in 2017." Come on man! They don't care if he called Goodell a tool.. they just want to win and make more money because they are winning!

That went over your head and through your legs all at the same time. Are you still drunk from all the celebrating? An organization is not looking for a frat boy to be the leader of a bunch of kids coming out of college. Mcdaniels is a much better equipped canidate, Patricia would have been better off leaving the shirt on the plane.