So when does Rex get axed?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly thought it would be today

Why make the guy take questions all week from the ny media.

In addition you can watch Lynn prepare although it's a fire drill for him it will still be

Interesting to see how he handles it. In addition you can start talking to other candidates .

Seems like a no brainer. I guess it wasn't

Tells me they are looking at Lynn or other, working, coordinators for the gig, IF they fire Rex. And Rex doesn't care about the NY media. He knows

what's coming from them. Having to run the gauntlet wouldn't stop him from wanting to finish out the season. The Buffalo media hasn't been

pleasant to him lately either.

if Rex is not fired then how will they sell this next season

The ticket sales formula:

time + free agency + draft + fandom = ticket sales.

where

time = the temporal distance from the end of last season until the next one, where time heals wounds and the spring brings optimism.

free agency = the acquisition of free agents that compounds the spring time optimism

draft = the acquisition of college players who compound the spring time optimism

fandom = the reality that at the end of the day, tens of thousands of fans are diehards and stand by this tire fire and toast the team and city.

National reporters headging their bets just keep rolling when he will be fired.

Local Media (not the tire fire TBN) no decision made yet.

In all likelyhood he gets fired but very well might not.

Pegula is on record about this is a slow cook (my words not his)

But he is on record with 3 years and also on record that in his eyes the Bills have missed the playoffs once

So is it really that much of a stretch that Pegula gives Rex that 3rd year

10 men on the field in OT, after giving up over 200 to the same RB who got 200 on them earlier in the season; two weeks after giving up 200 yards to another RB. Both in what were essentially playoff games for the Bills. In an area that is supposed to be Rex's expertise... I can see them bringing him back too, but I wouldn't bet on it.

They literally gave him everything he wanted: A gang of assistant and assistant to the assistant coaches and draft picks spent on defense. And they still have not performed well enough as a unit, in spite of the individual talent on hand. And 10 men on the field! How does he or his assistants not know Gilmore is in concussion protocol? There is nowhere to hide on that one.

10 men on the field in OT, after giving up over 200 to the same RB who got 200 on them earlier in the season; two weeks after giving up 200 yards to another RB. Both in what were essentially playoff games for the Bills. In an area that is supposed to be Rex's expertise... I can see them bringing him back too, but I wouldn't bet on it.

They literally gave him everything he wanted: A gang of assistant and assistant to the assistant coaches and draft picks spent on defense. And they still have not performed well enough as a unit, in spite of the individual talent on hand. And 10 men on the field! How does he or his assistants not know Gilmore is in concussion protocol? There is nowhere to hide on that one.

Could be all canceled out by the leak from the POS in the front office who threw RR under the bus trying to save his own ass... if Pegs truly values loyalty, that is. We'll see soon enough.

Again Terry is Terry and this was HIS Hire. Just saying a good chance (maybe not as good as three weeks ago) that Rex goes nowhere.

Again Terry is on record they have missed 1 playoff in his mind.

And his HC at this point doesnt have a losing record with the Bills.

Dont think it is as cut and dry as the National Media and TBN want to make it.

Could be all canceled out by the leak from the POS in the front office who threw RR under the bus trying to save his own ass... if Pegs truly values loyalty, that is. We'll see soon enough.

In fairness, that POS also had RR (and Tyrod) forced down his throat and subsequently looked bad when the defense that he built - which was top 5 before Rex was forced down his throat - tanked it over the past two seasons.

Pegs created this mess by being a meddling owner.

Whaley is the last person who should lose his job.