Anybody Have A Change Of Heart About Gilmore?

Bill from NYC

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you going to say when when several teams offer him top 5 money? And no team offers him top 20-30 money?

I'm not saying he is playing great. He's frustrating. He's not top 5 because he makes too many mistakes guys in the top 5 don't make as much (all CBs get burnt and miss tackles). But he's an excellent CB. Probably 6-10.

top 5 money 2017 is top 8 money 2018 is top 10 money in. 2019 is top 20 money 2020 is middle 30 by 2021...

Don't know the market outlook but traditionnaly that's the case.

"... A case could be made that his attempt at a "shoulder tackle" cost us a game with playoff implications, on Christmas Eve...."

I think what is overlooked is why wasn't he traded last off-season? Why go into the season with a guy the Bills front office did not believe enough in to give a long-term contract to? It creates an mistrusting environment with neither party knowing or believing the intentions of the other. If the front office didn't really believe in the guy, then see what you can do on the trade market. All this said, I didn't see the game (yet), but if what you say is accurate, then the guy is truly a disgrace - regardless of circumstances, contracts, or whatever. It's about having competitors on the field and he's been a weak link in that regard, it seems.

I once read Bill Walsh broke blocking down into 30 unique, individual skills and then developed multiple drills that 49er offensive linemen practiced relentlessly until they were mastered.

Gilmore is a good cover DB but has exhibited poor tackling technique his entire career. I have to assume the Bills coaches are not good at teaching tackling techniques. Too often we have guys in the right places but not making the play because of poor tackling fundamentals.

Edited by hondo in seattle

He plaued much better the seconf galf of the season, but I still dont want to pay him big bucks.

If this team is serious about starting over with a new coach and new qb, it mught be time to let some high priced guys walk and receive the high conpensatory picks that ho with that.

Im noy sure signing defensive players yo massive deals is yhe eay yo go in this league. I certainly know Bill Bellechick doesnt believe in that philosophy. Id like to see some more money spent on the offense.

I don't like his body language but he's an elite player on a roster with very few of those.

Carolina is going to pay him top dollar and they won't mind about the tackling - they have actual NFL linebackers on that defense who do most of the tackling.

Carolina would make a ton of sense for Gilmore if the Bills let him walk and they can make it work under the cap. Very close to home for him.

I once read Bill Walsh broke blocking down into 30 unique, individual skills and then developed multiple drills that 49er offensive linemen practiced relentlessly until they were mastered.

Gilmore is a good cover DB but has exhibited poor tackling technique his entire career. I have to assume the Bills coaches are not good at teaching tackling techniques. Too often we have guys in the right places but not making the play because of poor tackling fundamentals.

Good take Hondo. He is worth a solid contract vs. starting all over, but not the money he wanted at the beginning of the season.