Trump foreign policy

I was listen on the radio to one of the former us military Afghan officials and he said that Pakistan controlled a major access point to Afgahistan and cut it off when ever we put too much pressure on them or sided with India too much. This made it more difficult for us to supply our troops in Afganhistan

That has been a major problem with Pakistan . The US once had northern access thru Uzbekistan but that changed with the death of there pro US leader.

The US has to use whatever leverage it can to use access thru Pakistan

That has been a major problem with Pakistan . The US once had northern access thru Uzbekistan but that changed with the death of there pro US leader.

You mean Kyrgystan

You've got to be joking. Pakistan got in an official snit at the conclusion of Season 4 of Homeland. So much so that that show had to change it's locale to Berlin. They've been in bed with the Taliban, and Al Quaida, and their ilk since before their independence from British rule. They're more thin-skinned than Trump, and that's saying something.

This new policy putting pressure on Pakistan is correct. I don't believe Bin Laden lived there without them knowing.

If the US pulled out completely the Taliban would take control of the country in no time. Not sure if they would welcome ISIS.

So a modest US and NATO presence to prevent it from getting out of control makes sense. The expense should be covered by the UN . This is a problem that will not end and we will not win.

"Pakistan" is hardly a coherent concept. Departments of the government avt independently and often against each other, and parts of the country are effectively ungoverned and independent. Hell, the country doesn't even recognise its own borders.

I have no doubt someone with authority in Pakistan was hiding bin Laden. I'm equally sure most of Pakistan was as surprised as we were.

"Pakistan" is hardly a coherent concept. Departments of the government avt independently and often against each other, and parts of the country are effectively ungoverned and independent. Hell, the country doesn't even recognise its own borders.

I have no doubt someone with authority in Pakistan was hiding bin Laden. I'm equally sure most of Pakistan was as surprised as we were.

+1

And a Chinese friend giving it $60billion. China+Pakistan < United States+India.

https://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21725101-leg-up-all-weather-friend-china-makes-pakistan-offer-it-cannot-refuse

India always went with the USSR, so Pakistan has been a quasi-ally of the US, strange as it has always seemed.

They've always been a quasi-ally of China, as well. Pakistan's just !@#$ed up.

Canada opened the gates for immigration from Pakistan in the mid-70s, India feels like a closer neighbour up here in Canada, but we deal with what we have to deal with.

Al Qaeda affiliate mining uranium to send to Iran, Somali official warns US ambassador

The Aug. 11-dated letter delivered an urgent warning to the U.S. that the al-Shabaab terror network has linked up with the regional ISIS faction and is "capturing territory" in the central part of the country.

'Every day that passes without intervention provides America's enemies with additional material for nuclear weapons.'

Edited by ALF

Al Qaeda affiliate mining uranium to send to Iran, Somali official warns US ambassador
The Aug. 11-dated letter delivered an urgent warning to the U.S. that the al-Shabaab terror network has linked up with the regional ISIS faction and is "capturing territory" in the central part of the country.
'Every day that passes without intervention provides America's enemies with additional material for nuclear weapons.'

So radical Sunni terrorist/supremacist groups are supplying the largest Shi'ite country with nuclear materials?

Yeah...