Trump foreign policy

• 2 weeks later...

Again, why are they our allies?

"Fresh evidence submitted in a major 9/11 lawsuit moving forward against the Saudi Arabian government reveals its embassy in Washington may have funded a “dry run” for the hijackings carried out by two Saudi employees, further reinforcing the claim employees and agents of the kingdom directed and aided the 9/11 hijackers and plotters."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/09/saudi-government-allegedly-funded-a-dry-run-for-911/

Again, why are they our allies?

"Fresh evidence submitted in a major 9/11 lawsuit moving forward against the Saudi Arabian government reveals its embassy in Washington may have funded a “dry run” for the hijackings carried out by two Saudi employees, further reinforcing the claim employees and agents of the kingdom directed and aided the 9/11 hijackers and plotters."[/size]

http://nypost.com/2017/09/09/saudi-government-allegedly-funded-a-dry-run-for-911/

allies because: Iran.

Certainly that's the explanation.

But when an ally spends millions funding and training people to butcher 3,000 of our civilians, are they really much of an ally?

Nope. They suck. I hope our country twists their nuts in ways I will never know about.

It's just a double standard. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

The Saudi royal family has been paying off the extremists in their own country for decades just to stay in power.

They like their US made military toys too much and of course, the power that they bring.

The machinations in the Middle East make GOT look like a two dimensional board game.

Posting this here because I didn't think it was worth its own thread.

I haven't paid any attention to this story - anyone who has care to chime in and give me their take? Is this going to lead to Netanyahu's indictment too? Or is it just politics/settling a score of some kind? Is it noise or something more significant?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/israels-meal-scandal-moves-closer-toward-indictment-of-netanyahus-wife/2017/09/08/ac4ad920-9487-11e7-8754-d478688d23b4_story.html?utm_term=.9fc4bb1a3cc8

Trump Pushes Widespread Reform at the UN During Special Forum

by Mary Chastain

TrumpHaleyUN-620x436.jpg

President Donald Trump and U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley spoke today at a UN special forum called “Reforming the United Nations, Security, and Development” to kick off a week of meetings.

In his remarks, Trump urged the UN to reform, make results its top focus, and reduce its bureaucracy. (Oh, the horror)

(more…)

Oh look, Dianne Feinstein is upset over Trump’s UNGA speech.

As we write this we can only imagine the thousands of people rolling their eyes along with us …

DKGLxqPXUAADQRI.jpg

NEW:
: Pres. Trump's
speech "greatly escalated the danger we face from both Iran and North Korea"

The president used the UN as a stage to threaten war.

Huh.

If by using the UN as a stage she means Trump laid down the law and said America is done being a doormat, we agree.

Obama gave pallets of cash to Iran plus a path to a nuke. He did nothing about NK.

BUT TRUMP SAID MEAN STUFF.

These people.

Edited by B-Man

The UN has no trouble drawing up charters and documents for how people should be treated all over the earth.

Since the US is also attacked all the time by the UN, it's kind of funny how the US is the only major power that is basically upholding the content of these human rights charters and documents.

The irony is totally lost on such folk.

Here's the transcript of the speech.

So let's look at the place in today's speech where Trump says "America first":

The greatest in the United States Constitution is its first three beautiful words. They are: “We the people.”

Generations of Americans have sacrificed to maintain the promise of those words, the promise of our country, and of our great history. In America, the people govern, the people rule, and the people are sovereign. I was elected not to take power, but to give power to the American people, where it belongs.

In foreign affairs, we are renewing this founding principle of sovereignty. Our government's first duty is to its people, to our citizens -- to serve their needs, to ensure their safety, to preserve their rights, and to defend their values.

In America, the people govern, the people rule, and the people are sovereign.
I was elected not to take power, but to give power to the American people, where it belongs.

In foreign affairs, we are renewing this founding principle of sovereignty. Our government's first duty is to its people, to our citizens -- to serve their needs, to ensure their safety, to preserve their rights, and to defend their values.

As President of the United States, I will always put America first, just like you, as the leaders of your countries will always, and should always, put your countries first.
(Applause.)

All responsible leaders have an obligation to serve their own citizens, and the nation-state remains the best vehicle for elevating the human condition.

But making a better life for our people also requires us to work together in close harmony and unity to create a more safe and peaceful future for all people.

The United States will forever be a great friend to the world, and especially to its allies. B
ut we can no longer be taken advantage of, or enter into a one-sided deal where the United States gets nothing in return. As long as I hold this office, I will defend America’s interests above all else.

But in fulfilling our obligations to our own nations, we also realize that it’s in everyone’s interest to seek a future where all nations can be sovereign, prosperous, and secure.

So why are media/dems/lefties freaking out about his speech ?

Because it was good.

it was serious.

It differs so much from his ridiculous self-centered tweets, and makes it obvious that he IS the President.

and we can't have that.

Edited by B-Man

Here's the transcript of the speech.

So let's look at the place in today's speech where Trump says "America first":

The greatest in the United States Constitution is its first three beautiful words. They are: “We the people.”

Generations of Americans have sacrificed to maintain the promise of those words, the promise of our country, and of our great history. In America, the people govern, the people rule, and the people are sovereign. I was elected not to take power, but to give power to the American people, where it belongs.

In America, the people govern, the people rule, and the people are sovereign. I was elected not to take power, but to give power to the American people, where it belongs.

As President of the United States, I will always put America first, just like you, as the leaders of your countries will always, and should always, put your countries first.
(Applause.)

All responsible leaders have an obligation to serve their own citizens, and the nation-state remains the best vehicle for elevating the human condition.

But making a better life for our people also requires us to work together in close harmony and unity to create a more safe and peaceful future for all people.

The United States will forever be a great friend to the world, and especially to its allies. But we can no longer be taken advantage of, or enter into a one-sided deal where the United States gets nothing in return. As long as I hold this office, I will defend America’s interests above all else.

But in fulfilling our obligations to our own nations, we also realize that it’s in everyone’s interest to seek a future where all nations can be sovereign, prosperous, and secure.

So why are media/dems/lefties freaking out about his speech ?

Because it was good.

it was serious.

It differs so much from his ridiculous self-centered tweets, and makes it obvious that he IS the President.

and we can't have that.

they hate their lousy lives and want to blame people who studied and obeyed the law and worked real hard to earn their keep