Trump foreign policy

PRIOR:

Haley-Tweet.jpeg?resize=528%2C600

Haley is making a strong bid to be ranked alongside Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Jeane Kirkpatrick as the best UN ambassadors of the postwar era. 

Moynihan-Kirkpatrick-Haley.jpeg?resize=580%2C262

RESULT:

-JRj7OdX_bigger.jpegYahoo NewsVerified account @YahooNews 1h1 hour ago

Trump threatens to cut aid to countries that oppose his Jerusalem decision: 'Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care'

https://yhoo.it/2p0jGcT

#WINNING

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

ELI LAKE: Nikki Haley Confronts the U.N.’s ‘Jackals.’

She has made it clear that the U.N. needs America more than America needs the U.N. This is not just because the U.S. hosts the body’s headquarters. It’s because the U.S. remains the indispensable member of the organization. It contributes 23 percent of the U.N. annual budget. The U.S. provides nearly 30 percent of the budget to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, or UNRWA. That’s the agency that runs Palestinian schools and medical facilities and has often turned a blind eye to the participation of outlaws like Hamas. The U.S. provides the logistics for moving troops and material for peace-keeping missions and disaster relief. There is no U.N. without the U.S.

Haley made this point well in her speech announcing the U.S. veto Monday of the U.N. Security Council resolution condemning recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. “When the American people see a group of countries whose total contributions to the Palestinian people is less than 1 percent of UNRWA’s budget — when they see these countries accuse the United States of being insufficiently committed to peace — the American people lose their patience.”

Haley has delivered this message in public and private a lot in her first year on the job. She pulled the plug on U.S. participation in U.N. Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization after it declared Hebron to be a Palestinian world historic site with no mention of the deep Jewish historical connection to that city. She has sought ways to cut the fat from the U.N. peace-keeping budget, and has used the monthly U.N. Security Council meeting to deal with the Middle East to call attention to Iranian aggression.

Under the Obama-Carter theory, Haley’s approach would lead to America’s isolation at the U.N. But so far this has not been the case.

That’s because the UN self-evidently does need the US more than the US needs the UN — and it ought to give Americans a swelling sense of pride to have a UN ambassador who understands this and acts accordingly.

The UN member states have always understood this, but have counted on the US pretending not to understand it.

ADDED:

So........this just happened; BREAKING: UN General Assembly votes 128-9 to declare US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital `null and void'

Nicki quickly responded , for all of us (U.S.)

.@nikkihaley: U.S. "will remember this day in which it was singled out for attack in the General Assembly for the very act of exercising our right as a sovereign nation...We will remember it when so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more."

Edited by B-Man

At some point, and for the good of the country, I predict we will start working with the Democrats in a Bipartisan fashion. Infrastructure would be a perfect place to start

After having foolishly spent $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is time to start rebuilding our country!

Finally I can agree with him on this 100%

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

U.S. Negotiates $285 Million Budget Cut to UN, May Cut Even More

Haley promised the U.S. will “continue to look at ways to increase the U.N.’s efficiency while protecting our interests.”

Shutter the institution, kick them out of NYC (and the country). 

The UN is not a humanitarian organization for peace or diplomacy. It's rife with abuse, failure, antisemitism, and corruption. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Shutter the institution, kick them out of NYC (and the country). 

I've always kind of liked the idea of moving the UN headquarters to an economically depressed area, like Detroit, or almost anywhere in Mississippi. The influx of Euros, Rubles, Rupees, and Dinar could make a real difference in some of these places, not to mention the money saved on ditching that Manhattan real estate.

2 hours ago, Azalin said:

I've always kind of liked the idea of moving the UN headquarters to an economically depressed area, like Detroit, or almost anywhere in Mississippi. The influx of Euros, Rubles, Rupees, and Dinar could make a real difference in some of these places, not to mention the money saved on ditching that Manhattan real estate.

nah, just kick it out, and rent out the tower to someone else.

5 hours ago, Azalin said:

Thats not a bad idea. 

Or it would be a good idea if I thought the UN were at all capable or interested in promoting the causes inherent in its charter. I went to a lecture in college once, guest speaker was a former big shot at the UN who played video of the massacre in Rwanda. He had filmed it himself as he sat on the back of the last UN truck departing - driving through a sea of people armed with machetes and blunt instruments just waiting for the blue helmets to leave so they could slaughter the other side. The carnage was gruesome... And they just watched it happen. 

Left an impact on me. Then the more I've researched into the organization the worse my opinion became of them. 

I say burn it to the ground and start anew. But I know that's extreme :) 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And then when Secretary Guterres tells you that he's not blind to what's going on here, but he cannot authorize that kind of action, Haley can tell him that she believes President Trump has the authority here, who will then no doubt respond by tweeting we should take off and nuke the site from orbit, as it's the only way to be sure.

This has really weird and disturbing fan fic potential.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thats not a bad idea. 

Or it would be a good idea if I thought the UN were at all capable or interested in promoting the causes inherent in its charter. I went to a lecture in college once, guest speaker was a former big shot at the UN who played video of the massacre in Rwanda. He had filmed it himself as he sat on the back of the last UN truck departing - driving through a sea of people armed with machetes and blunt instruments just waiting for the blue helmets to leave so they could slaughter the other side. The carnage was gruesome... And they just watched it happen. 

Left an impact on me. Then the more I've researched into the organization the worse my opinion became of them. 

I don't think that's an extreme position at all.  Downright sane actually.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Another option, and one that would leave me laughing hysterically, would be to close the whole thing down and turn the building into another Trump Tower.

• Haha (+1) 1

Time to move the United Nations to where it originally should have been put............Navy Island - Wikipedia

Navy Island was proposed to be the new World Peace Capital and headquarters of the United Nations by an international committee in 1945 and 1946. The island was considered to be an ideal location as it lay on the boundary between two peaceful countries. An artist's rendering of the World Peace Capital showed the property with bridges spanning both countries (at Grand Island in the US and the Canadian mainland on the other side).[6][7] It was proposed that Navy Island would be ceded to the United Nations as long as the headquarters remained, and to revert to the Canadian government should the U.N. move. The proposal was ultimately turned down in favour of the current U.N. headquarters in New York City.

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

But since Eero Saarinen is gone, who we gonna get to design the new one? Frank Goldberg might be available, but he’s getting up there in age. 

7 hours ago, Azalin said:

Afghanistan is lovely this time of year. Besides, both the Kabul government as well as the Taliban, could use the personal instruction in proper corruption.

Edited by Koko78