Are injuries a legit excuse this year?

BillsFan130

Inuries  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Are injuries an excuse for the 7-7 record so far?

Do you guys think injuries are a reasonable excuse for this season?

My answer personally is no. In my opinion, there are four mvp's on this team. By MVP I mean most valuable, not the best (So don't rip on me when you see Tyrod's name). Tyrod because he is the QB and plays the most important position. Shady because the bills are a run first team and is their best player. Kyle Williams because he is the run stuffer and heart and soul. And Aaron Williams because he is the quarterback of the secondary and can even argue the whole defence.

Outside of Aaron Williams, the bills have had the other 3 guys almost every game. I believe Shady missed the dolphins game and most of Cinci and Kyle missed the Steelers game. Where the bills have had bad luck with injuries is at the WR position. But with the Bills offence, I really don't think receiver is a key part of their team. As shown the last 3 games, the bills have been healthy at the WR position and it really doesn't make that much difference.

Losing Lawson and Ragland were blessings in disguise this year. Lorax and Zack Brown would have barely played and it's hard to say Lawson and Ragland would be better than those guys. I think the key injury the bills have is Aaron Williams. I never thought a lot of him before his injury, but with him being out it really shows the impact he has on that defence.

Every NFL team has injuries and key injuries, so for me, the 7 and 7 record comes down to inconsistent QB play, bad coaching and bad defence the majority of the time. In saying that, barely having Shady against the dolphins in October was huge. I really do think the bills win that game if he was healthy

Every team battles with injuries. Lack of contingency plan at Safety proved to be costly. Meeks and Duke Williams shouldn't have made it out of mini camp.

I think the only valid injury excuse is that we got no production out of our top two picks due to injury, and even that is debatable since many knew Shaq would miss time. I also think L. Alexander's production negates the excuse because there was no way in hell a healthy S. Lawson was going to produce that well.

My answer personally is no. In my opinion, there are four mvp's on this team. By MVP I mean most valuable, not the best (So don't rip on me when you see Tyrod's name). Tyrod because he is the QB and plays the most important position. Shady because the bills are a run first team and is their best player. Kyle Williams because he is the run stuffer and heart and soul. And Aaron Williams because he is the quarterback of the secondary and can even argue the whole defence.

Outside of Aaron Williams, the bills have had the other 3 guys almost every game. I believe Shady missed the dolphins game and most of Cinci and Kyle missed the Steelers game. Where the bills have had bad luck with injuries is at the WR position. But with the Bills offence, I really don't think receiver is a key part of their team. As shown the last 3 games, the bills have been healthy at the WR position and it really doesn't make that much difference.

Losing Lawson and Ragland were blessings in disguise this year. Lorax and Zack Brown would have barely played and it's hard to say Lawson and Ragland would be better than those guys. I think the key injury the bills have is Aaron Williams. I never thought a lot of him before his injury, but with him being out it really shows the impact he has on that defence.

Every NFL team has injuries and key injuries, so for me, the 7 and 7 record comes down to inconsistent QB play, bad coaching and bad defence the majority of the time. In saying that, barely having Shady against the dolphins in October was huge. I really do think the bills win that game if he was healthy

I think to ignore the Injuries at the receiver/TE position is a mistake. Watkins in particular would impact the offense when healthy! I'm also not sure that Ragland hasn't been missed. Our interior Linebackers have been killed in certain games, especially Preston Brown.

I think to ignore the Injuries at the receiver/TE position is a mistake. Watkins in particular would impact the offense when healthy! I'm also not sure that Ragland hasn't been missed. Our interior Linebackers have been killed in certain games, especially Preston Brown.

Watkins is a good player but he really isn't a key part of this team in my opinion. One catch for 10 yards against the browns. Will agree with you that Preston Brown has had a tough stretch as of late. Hard to say what kind of impact a rookie like Ragland would do in a confusing Rex defence though

The Pats lost Brady and went 3-1. Deep Fry Dareus is in no way comparable to Tom Brady when it comes to relative importance to his team. I loved Ragland at Alabama, but he's not going to single handedly fix the D. Had Watkins played more this season, maybe they win another game? hard to say really, but I sort of doubt it with TT under center, a QB that minimizes WRs contribution

The Pats lost Brady and went 3-1. Deep Fry Dareus is in no way comparable to Tom Brady when it comes to relative importance to his team. I loved Ragland at Alabama, but he's not going to single handedly fix the D. Had Watkins played more this season, maybe they win another game? hard to say really, but I sort of doubt it with TT under center, a QB that minimizes WRs contribution

Dareus, Watkins and awil are huge injuries. Dareus is your best Defender and Watkins is tied for best offense. And Shady has been out some games. Not saying excuse but don't minimize them.

Also, why does it work both ways. Injuries not an excuse but when Buffalo shuts out New England when 3-0 without Tom Brady it's meaningless?

Barring a loss of a guy like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady for an entire season, injuries are never an excuse. We haven't had someone good enough for injuries to be an excuse for two decades, even when we did we'd still find ways to win with Kelly or Thurman Thomas out of the lineup.

Dareus, Watkins and awil are huge injuries. Dareus is your best Defender and Watkins is tied for best offense. And Shady has been out some games. Not saying excuse but don't minimize them.

Also, why does it work both ways. Injuries not an excuse but when Buffalo shuts out New England when 3-0 without Tom Brady it's meaningless?

Comparing the impact of Tom brady vs. Dareus and Watkins is completely different. Tom brady plays the most important position and he is arguably the best of all time

Comparing the impact of Tom brady vs. Dareus and Watkins is completely different. Tom brady plays the most important position and he is arguably the best of all time

30 other teams are forced to play without Tom Brady. Dareus is your highest paid defensive player. Watkins is two first round picks. And Bills were missing McCoy against Pats. Just saying that if Pats get Brady excuse then there other injury excuses or talent excuses because other teams aren't as lucky to have Brady on their roster.

Ragland would have been top MLB. Preston Brown has been atrocious. He would have been out of the starting lineup in favor of Zach early into the season. If Ragland was anything like he was in college or pre-season, well, then that injury hurt big time.

Ragland would have been top MLB. Preston Brown has been atrocious. He would have been out of the starting lineup in favor of Zach early into the season. If Ragland was anything like he was in college or pre-season, well, then that injury hurt big time.

Very hard to ask a rookie linebacker to come in and dominate though, especially in a rex ryan defence where it's very complicated and confusing

I know fans dont like to look at things logically but yes....injuries were absolutely a reason why we didnt do better this year

We lost the best offensive player on the O side of the ball

We lost the best defensive player on the D side of the ball for significant time

We were playing street free agents at WR

We have NO legit safeties

Its a factor

I know fans dont like to look at things logically but yes....injuries were absolutely a reason why we didnt do better this year

We lost the best defensive player on the D side of the ball for significant time

Its a factor

yes

I think injuries are a big problem. The biggest concern I have, is with the GM and coaches not properly evaluating the talent they have on the team and where they're thin at. It's mind boggling that they didn't know before this season that Duke Williams and Jonathan Meeks were terrible back ups. Also that they made no real effort to address the WR corps. So I really think the injuries more or less showed how inept of a job Doug Whaley is doing.

Its a factor

Shady is our best O player and he has been healthy all year...

Who is responsible for the safeties, WRs and overall depth? Were these concerns coming into this season seeing we had issues there last year too? How does that person get another shot, but a coach who has to deal with these realities doesn't?

Very hard to ask a rookie linebacker to come in and dominate though, especially in a rex ryan defence where it's very complicated and confusing

"you! ragland! I thought I told you the MLB's job was to run around in circles doing jazzhands! Do as I say!"

It's not like Taylor hasn't missed anytime. Darius is an idiot and watkins is glass

It seems to me that Watkins is the best (most talented?) player on this team, but probably not entirely critical to it's W/L record because the 2016 Buffalo Bills are pre-modern era football team, where the forward pass is considered an exotic and not to be trusted innovation

We were playing street free agents at

Its a factor

Every team has injuries though sir. Some teams have better depth than others. That falls on Whaley for me. I don't blame him for the receivers mind you because they were dropping at a ridiculous rate