La Canfora on FAN 590: Bills Situation "Toxic"

Doutz

Cutler? You must be kidding! Romo is a 37 year old major injury risk who won't come cheaply.

Being cheap and not taking risks is why we haven't had a QB in 20 years. Our last QB we drafted even though he refused to even play for us. What a risk that was.

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romo or Cutty time.

Romo is a risky proposition, but is just what we need otherwise. He could get us over the hump while grooming a replacement but I wouldn't risk it.

Cutler is Jeff George with terrible mechanics. No thanks.

I know. Any writer who says that anything is wrong with the Bills just flat out sucks. ;)

The guy is wrong more than he's right. Has nothing to do with what he's saying, it's that his track record is crap.

Romo is a risky proposition, but is just what we need otherwise. He could get us over the hump while grooming a replacement but I wouldn't risk it.

Cutler is Jeff George with terrible mechanics. No thanks.

Cutty at least throws the ball. Put him on a team that's primarily ground and pound with lots of PA and he'll scorch some teams. He has the unfortunate habit of making boneheaded plays when trying to make a comeback, but watching a QB who'd rather take a sack than throw a risky pass makes me physically ill.

Cutty at least throws the ball. Put him on a team that's primarily ground and pound with lots of PA and he'll scorch some teams. He has the unfortunate habit of making boneheaded plays when trying to make a comeback, but watching a QB who'd rather take a sack than throw a risky pass makes me physically ill.

There's a helluva lot more to quarterbacking than throwing the ball and Cutler doesn't possess those qualities.

There's a helluva lot more to quarterbacking than throwing the ball and Cutler doesn't possess those qualities.

Can't be a leader unless your team believes in your ability to make plays. This entire team knows it over when TT has the ball and we're down a score or 2 in the 4th. With Cutty, we'd have a shot for some magic.

Jason La Canfora has the track record of a broken clock.

"All Signs Pointing to Doug Marrone as Next Jets Coach"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/all-signs-pointing-to-doug-marrone-as-next-jets-coach/

In my judgment, La Canfora is pushing a story for someone just as he was for Marrone a few years ago.

The question ultimately is going to be when CBS is going to do to La Canfora what he says is going to happen to Rex.

cleaning house = hope

hope = ticket sales

highly likely both rex & whaley are fired AFTER the season.

Pegula tried to hire Polian to run football operations last year. only the hall of fame stopped that.

highly likely Pegula executes that plan with or without Polian.

cleaning house = hope

hope = ticket sales

highly likely both rex & whaley are fired AFTER the season.

Pegula tried to hire Polian to run football operations last year. only the hall of fame stopped that.

highly likely Pegula executes that plan with or without Polian.

It's also possible that Polian didn't like the way things were going to work (his place in the pecking order) and he said no in the end.

Edited by The Wiz

The numbers are slightly outdated, but Hoyer & Barkley had combined for 9 tds - 2 picks with 4 sacks in their first 5 games. Cutler was 4 TD with 5 picks and 17 sacks in 5 games.

The point stands though, Hoyer & Matt Barkley have looked miles better than Cutler has this season.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

The numbers are slightly outdated, but Hoyer & Barkley had combined for 9 tds - 2 picks with 4 sacks in their first 5 games. Cutler was 4 TD with 5 picks and 17 sacks in 5 games.

The point stands though, Hoyer & Matt Barkley have looked miles better than Cutler has this season.

Barkley arrow is pointing up

Exactly. The one person that Pegula will listen to most right now is Russ. Until that changes, this franchise will never win. I'd say the past 17 years is pretty good proof of this.

Some Bills fans go on a rampage here every time Brandon's name is shown in any kind of derogatory light and yet he really is the man behind the curtain running the show. Besides. Brandon has only been in any kind of real power since Marv Levy retired and Russ took over.

What these new owners should have done first thing was to hire that football czar, senior football adviser or team president of football operations to right this listing ship of fools. Until a senior football man is hired not much will change.

I will never understand how some people can criticize the team, then react violently against an outsider having similar criticisms.

I think it's very clear something has been broken at OBD for a long time. I think it's also pretty clear that several different positions of power within the organization are acting solely in their best interests. I've always thought Whaley has done a passable job, but if the entire situation is toxic the solution is to wipe the slate completely clean. I don't understand why Rex is still the coach and I don't understand why Tyrod is starting on Sunday. I've been willing to give Pegula a pass, but with the different information being leaked out (regardless of who is reporting it) it's hard to draw any conclusion other than the situation being pretty toxic. From my vantage point, Brandon has been the tie that's bound all the eras of futility together. As long as he's at OBD I don't see how anything is going to change.

Barkley arrow is pointing up

Cutler left the situation with only one place to go. He's a cancer.

Some Bills fans go on a rampage here every time Brandon's name is shown in any kind of derogatory light and yet he really is the man behind the curtain running the show. Besides. Brandon has only been in any kind of real power since Marv Levy retired and Russ took over.

What these new owners should have done first thing was to hire that football czar, senior football adviser or team president of football operations to right this listing ship of fools. Until a senior football man is hired not much will change.

Who is going on a rampage? The guy manages to sell suck year after year, so he's certainly good at that part of the job, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single poster that wants him actually involved with football decisions. As for being the man behind the curtain, I don't think anyone here really knows what is happening behind the scenes at OBD, but some on this site have the guy sacrificing virgins, and I'm pretty sure Fadingpain produced a fuzzy picture of Russ eating lunch on the grassy knoll next to at Texas school book depository.