Jets want another qb. The hots for Trubisky

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/jets/jets-hot-north-carolina-mitch-trubisky-article-1.2910818?client=safari

Jets want to add another qb to the mix. This one we actually need though.

Dealer Doug hopefully has one more bullet left in the chamber.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this yesterday. I laughed about as loud when they drafted Hackenberg as I did when the Dolphins traded up for Dion Jordan. Wasted pick by the Jets. Now, a year later, they are on Trubisky's nuts. There are only two QB's who will go in the 1st this year and that's Trubisky and Kizer. Kizer probably more mid-late 1st with Trubisky being the 1st taken. IF HE DECLARES...... because he still hasn't done that as of yet. :thumbsup:

Read this yesterday. I laughed about as loud when they drafted Hackenberg as I did when the Dolphins traded up for Dion Jordan. Wasted pick by the Jets. Now, a year later, they are on Trubisky's nuts. There are only two QB's who will go in the 1st this year and that's Trubisky and Kizer. Kizer probably more mid-late 1st with Trubisky being the 1st taken. IF HE DECLARES...... because he still hasn't done that as of yet. :thumbsup:

He should declare soon according to "sources" lol.

I hope we are smart enough to make a play for him.

Regarding QB's, The Jets are doing exactly what Bills fans want Buffalo to be doing....draft one every year and hope you hit on one. And it hasn't worked for the Jets.

There is no "Best" way to do this. Either you trade half your draft to get a Wentz, RG3 or Goff (and it still fails quite often)...OR you get lucky and hit on someone in rounds 2-6 that Pan out (i.e. Dalton, Dak, Brady)

Regarding QB's, The Jets are doing exactly what Bills fans want Buffalo to be doing....draft one every year and hope you hit on one. And it hasn't worked for the Jets.

There is no "Best" way to do this. Either you trade half your draft to get a Wentz, RG3 or Goff (and it still fails quite often)...OR you get lucky and hit on someone in rounds 2-6 that Pan out (i.e. Dalton, Dak, Brady)

It's been 2 years.

Kizer has Whaley written all over him. Can you spell BUST!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/jets/jets-hot-north-carolina-mitch-trubisky-article-1.2910818?client=safari

Jets want to add another qb to the mix. This one we actually need though.

Dealer Doug hopefully has one more bullet left in the chamber.

for himself?

Too funny. I was just thinking that the other day.

It's been 2 years.

It's been 4 years and all the guys they have suck. Hence the reason they're looking for another.

Huh? Might want to check those drafit again, Doc. It has not been 4 years of taking a QB every year.

They've taken a QB 3 of the past 4 years. That's the closest to "take a QB every year" there has been in recent memory.

Actually that is not what we want, we want this franchise to really deem the position as the most important position in football.

Over the years the urgency to find a QB was not there, the FO always thought they had a player good enough for the position, they didn't do their due diligence to improve the position because they thought they had it covered with the likes of Trent Edwards, JP Losman, EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor, etc.

If you enter the off-season with a question mark at QB and you have to rely on the progression of a 4th round QB, you don't have the position well covered, you go into the draft trying to improve it. Meet with every QB, talk to them, spend time with them, get to know who has the drive to become the best at the position, if you don't have the guys that can identify those treats add them to the scouting staff until you find that QB that can help elevate your team.

It seem the Jets said, hey let's draft some QBs, we might get lucky, but make no mistake, they were wrong to bring Fitz back, they should have given the team to Smith and really find out about him.

Edited by Fixxxer