Jets want another qb. The hots for Trubisky

They've taken a QB 3 of the past 4 years. That's the closest to "take a QB every year" there has been in recent memory.

The closest to "take a QB every year," would be them taking a QB every year with the same GM and coach in 2015 and 2016. Which is 2 years. If you're trying to hold up Geno Smith as a reason to not take a shot in 2015 and 2016, you're welcome to do so.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest to "take a QB every year," would be them taking a QB every year with the same GM and coach in 2015 and 2016. Which is 2 years. If you're trying to hold up Geno Smith as a reason to not take a shot in 2015 and 2016, you're welcome to do so.

If you find your guy, you don't have/need to take a QB every year. So obviously different GM's are going to be picking a guy every year (or most years as has been the case for the Jets the past 4 years). If they take a QB next year, it will be every year for 3 years under their current GM. Will they be any closer to finding their guy?

If you find your guy, you don't have/need to take a QB every year. So obviously different GM's are going to be picking a guy every year (or most years as has been the case for the Jets the past 4 years). If they take a QB next year, it will be every year for 3 years under their current GM. Will they be any closer to finding their guy?

What's our excuse for picking 1 QB high in 4 years?

I like Trubisky, he could be the guy.

What's our excuse for picking 1 QB high in 4 years?

I like Trubisky, he could be the guy.

What's their excuse? Usually you give a high pick at least a couple years, meaning they weren't going to take a QB in 2014. In 2015 the only QB's worth anything were taken 1 and 2 overall and they thought they found their guy in TT. This year proved he wasn't so they need to draft a QB again, seeing as how they're probably not going to be playing Cardale.

What's their excuse? Usually you give a high pick at least a couple years, meaning they weren't going to take a QB in 2014. In 2015 the only QB's worth anything were taken 1 and 2 overall and they thought they found their guy in TT. This year proved he wasn't so they need to draft a QB again, seeing as how they're probably not going to be playing Cardale.

In the 2015 draft, they thought Tyrod was the guy? Before he had even taken a snap? What?

Thank god the Raiders and Bucs didn't say, "hey let's not take QBs in 2014 and 2015 because usually when you take a guy high, you aren't allowed to take another one."

Edited by jmc12290

In the 2015 draft, they thought Tyrod was the guy? Before he had even taken a snap? What?

Thank god the Raiders and Bucs didn't say, "hey let's not take QBs in 2014 and 2015 because usually when you take a guy high, you aren't allowed to take another one."

How thankful do you think the Redskins are right now that Shanahan drafted Cousins?

They screwed up. They didn't read the manual that drafting another QB is a recipe for disaster. It's why the Jets are terrible right now. Christian Hack and Bryce Petty are bringing the whole team down.

The Jets have been as fortunate drafting QB's as we have. Who was their last legit Franchise QB? Esiason?

No...in 2015 there wasn't a QB worth picking at all, much less high, after the top-2 guys (Winston and Mariota) were taken 1st and 2nd overall. And then they thought they found their guy in TT, so no QB taken high in 2016.

But now is your time to play GM. Who should the Bills draft at QB next year?

Edited by Doc

No...in 2015 there wasn't a QB worth picking at all, much less high, after the top-2 guys (Winston and Mariota) were taken 1st and 2nd overall. And then they thought they found their guy in TT, so no QB taken high in 2016.

They should've taken Wentz last year.

Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes.

Who should've taken Wentz?

And I might be with you on Mahomes. My concern is Texas Tech QB's never pan out in the NFL and I don't know if he'll be any different.

Trubisky - Lacking enough of a body of work, only a one year starter. Reminds me of Blake Bortles. Shows pretty good poise in the pocket. Scans the field well. Changes throwing motion to get the ball into lanes around DL'men. Can make all the throws. Has a tendency to hang the deeper passes in the air too much at times, but it hasn't gotten him in trouble yet.

Watson - This is the guy I was all in on going into the season, but the QB I saw last year is nowhere to be found. He has been erratic at best, lacked poise in the pocket, and been wildly inaccurate at times.

Mahomes - Tyrod II, mark it down. Nice deep ball. Extends plays with his legs. Looks at the incoming rush too much at times. Locks in on one guy in a lot of instances. Can makes plays after extending the play with his legs to throw a ball downfield. Has kind of a quirky Phillip Rivers type throwing motion.

Who should've taken Wentz?

And I might be with you on Mahomes. My concern is Texas Tech QB's never pan out in the NFL and I don't know if he'll be any different.

We should've.

I don't believe in the school - NFL thing. If you can play, you can play.

Edited by jmc12290

We should've.

I don't believe in the school - NFL thing. If you can play, you can play.

Hindsight is 20/20, if even. You realize what the Eagles gave up to move up from just 8th overall to 2nd, right? The Bills picked 19th. And Wentz was a projection selection who played in the lesser FCS.

They've taken a QB 3 of the past 4 years. That's the closest to "take a QB every year" there has been in recent memory.

Lol. Close enough if it helps your case.

But in any event let's see what works out first: the Jets drafting a QB every year or the Bills do it once every 3.

Edited by vincec

Still liking me some Luke Falk in the 3rd round.

Lol. Close enough if it helps your case.

But in any event let's see what works out first: the Jets drafting a QB every year or the Bills do it once every 3.

I can tell you right now that none of the 3 QB's they've drafted in the past 4 years is worth anything. As for next year, they'll pick before the Bills, who will likely take a QB high as well. We'll see who does better.

And do the Jets know if any of them are any good? Hacklenburg hasn't even seen the field. Smith through little fault of his own hasn't played much in close to 2 seasons.

well keep drafting til you get the guy. but this is kind of strange seeing as the kid could still go another year.

But maybe Hacklenburg is really the guy or even Smith, but they'll never know if they've already moved on to the next guy.

Watch Jets get their QB and turn this around before Bills because they keep going to the QB store and Bills keep under valuing the position