Jets want another qb. The hots for Trubisky

Nah, he's had a better 2nd half of the year, but he's been plagued by inconsistency and accuracy issues this year. He's not even been close to the Watson of 2015 if you've watched him play. 👍

i really haven't watched much Clemson or ACC in general. I saw Clemson - ND and Clemson- Louisvile. I'm scared of them but hopeful he's not the guy I saw last year. They have a ton of veteran nfl-ready talent though. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really haven't watched much Clemson or ACC in general. I saw Clemson - ND and Clemson- Louisvile. I'm scared of them but hopeful he's not the guy I saw last year.

Trust me my friend, he is not. I think Ohio St. takes them. Idk what it is this year with him. He just isn't the same guy. Last year he seemed to be deadly accurate. This year he just doesn't have it going. He really does seem like a smaller version of Cam. Better 2nd half, but not consistent by any means.

Trust me my friend, he is not. I think Ohio St. takes them. Idk what it is this year with him. He just isn't the same guy. Last year he seemed to be deadly accurate. This year he just doesn't have it going. He really does seem like a smaller version of Cam. Better 2nd half, but not consistent by any means.

OSU pass offense has its own issues but playing indoors should help. Both defenses are very good. Thanks and hopefully no jinxes! Edited by YoloinOhio

As the cousins to Trubisky's rg3 maybe

I'd consider Kelly an upgrade to the current situation.

Why? I watch him and he's just okay, but nothing great. And he turns the rock over. If he wasn't from Buffalo or named Kelly I wonder if many on the board would feel so strongly about him. Not saying they shouldn't draft him if he's on the board at the right spot and they're still looking for QB at that point in the draft, but I don't see an upgrade.

Like I said, time will tell, but that has been said of many QBs. He is a rookie, and he will have a shot to improve. I'm just saying it isn't guaranteed. I don't think Dak Prescott is guaranteed either. Derek Carr is proving himself right now. That's what these other QB's have to do. Consistency is king.

^^^

All of this.

There are no guarantees and we can't say how a draft pick is or isn't after one year or less. Once the film got around on Wentz he started falling off. Prescott's last couple of games look different than the others before. We'll see how they overcome the adversity or don't.

Consistency is everything at the QB position. If playoffs could be achieved based on flashes of QB play the Bills would have been out of the drought a long time ago.

I have no issue with taking a QB later in the draft, looking for that 1-in-a-million shot, like Tahj Boyd. But the Jets used 2-2nd rounders and an early 4th rounder.

So what? Derek Carr was a second rounder. So was Dalton

It's not like either of those guys were guarantees.

Edited by jmc12290

The Bills took Cardale this past draft. So it's not like they're doing nothing.

They took nobody after EJ Manuel until 2016! They still haven't used a high pick on a QB since EJ. Perhaps Whaley's afraid of whiffing again, but seeing as every year we have to discuss QB options, I'd like to see a few more shots taken.

They took nobody after EJ Manuel until 2016! They still haven't used a high pick on a QB since EJ. Perhaps Whaley's afraid of whiffing again, but seeing as every year we have to discuss QB options, I'd like to see a few more shots taken.

I don't think it was "Whaley's afraid of whiffing" as much as EJ getting a shot and then Tyrod getting his. They were comfortable with their backups apparently and drafted Cardale this year. If there is a guy they have rated higher than any QB when their pick comes around then bet they take the other player. Every team without Carr missed out on Carr. Every team without Brady missed out multiple times on him. Such is life.

I don't think it was "Whaley's afraid of whiffing" as much as EJ getting a shot and then Tyrod getting his. They were comfortable with their backups apparently and drafted Cardale this year. If there is a guy they have rated higher than any QB when their pick comes around then bet they take the other player. Every team without Carr missed out on Carr. Every team without Brady missed out multiple times on him. Such is life.

Oakland took Wilson, Carr and Cook in 4 years. We should be doing that.

Oakland took Wilson, Carr and Cook in 4 years. We should be doing that.

We took Manuel, and Jones, and signed Taylor in 4 years. I'm not sure why you don't count Tyrod, but we took a shot on a young QB who had time to sit behind Flacco.

The real difference you are complaining about is that their picks worked, and ours didn't. Such is life.

Edited by What a Tuel

We took Manuel, and Jones, and signed Taylor in 4 years. I'm not sure why you don't count Tyrod, but we took a shot on a young QB who had time to sit behind Flacco.

The real difference you are complaining about is that their picks worked, and ours didn't. Such is life.

Tyrod doesn't count. He was fools gold at best.

So what do the guys who don't work out from the draft count as? How does bringing in a FA QB not count? That makes no sense

I mean, you can say that bringing in bodies like Cassell and Flynn and Leinhart are addressing the QB position, but I consider them cheap, low risk, low reward fake moves.

I mean, you can say that bringing in bodies like Cassell and Flynn and Leinhart are addressing the QB position, but I consider them cheap, low risk, low reward fake moves.

So you'd rather be like the Jets and put a 2nd on a Hackenberg or whatever then? You would rather it set us back more, but hey at least we drafted a QB so we're trying to address the position. Right? ;)

Tyrod wasn't the same as any of those. He hadn't had his shot yet, and was given time to develop behind Flacco. He was a better chance than a lot of the draft prospects.

Why? I watch him and he's just okay, but nothing great. And he turns the rock over. If he wasn't from Buffalo or named Kelly I wonder if many on the board would feel so strongly about him. Not saying they shouldn't draft him if he's on the board at the right spot and they're still looking for QB at that point in the draft, but I don't see an upgrade.

I'm not concerned with his last name at all. I see a guy who throws decisive bullets over the middle and isn't scared to run it either. I understand he's a risk but iirc he put up 400 yards on the highly touted Bama defense. As long as David Lee doesn't get ahold of him I think he has the arm and tools needed.

He's the opposite of TT. He slings it. Give me a slinger !!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Wilson is literally a one-in-a-million QB. You can count on one finger how many sub-6' QB's have succeeded in the NFL in the past 30 years. The Seahawks took a shot at him a round earlier than other teams would have and it paid off handsomely.

I think the word you are looking for is FIGURATIVELY. :doh:

Russell Wilson isn't in some obscure category by himself he's just undersized. Brees and Tarkenton are HOF'ers and that wasn't really One Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeliyun QB's ago.

I don't promote stacking middling prospects like the Jets have.......but as for drafting a QB every year.........drafting a QB each in the last 4 seasons isn't killing the Jets.....NOT HAVING ONE is what is killing them......and having a Bob Woods or Cyrus Kouandjio type second round talent instead wouldn't have made any difference in their W-L record.

Trubisky - Lacking enough of a body of work, only a one year starter. Reminds me of Blake Bortles. Shows pretty good poise in the pocket. Scans the field well. Changes throwing motion to get the ball into lanes around DL'men. Can make all the throws. Has a tendency to hang the deeper passes in the air too much at times, but it hasn't gotten him in trouble yet.

Watson - This is the guy I was all in on going into the season, but the QB I saw last year is nowhere to be found. He has been erratic at best, lacked poise in the pocket, and been wildly inaccurate at times.

Mahomes - Tyrod II, mark it down. Nice deep ball. Extends plays with his legs. Looks at the incoming rush too much at times. Locks in on one guy in a lot of instances. Can makes plays after extending the play with his legs to throw a ball downfield. Has kind of a quirky Phillip Rivers type throwing motion.

All this.

I'm sticking with Kelly as he has a ton talent and is a gamer. His major downfall is his Favre-ism of trusting his cannon too much and forcing the ball in bad situations but he is worth a shot.

Watch Jets get their QB and turn this around before Bills because they keep going to the QB store and Bills keep under valuing the position

and don't know what a NFL QB looks like.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

So you'd rather be like the Jets and put a 2nd on a Hackenberg or whatever then? You would rather it set us back more, but hey at least we drafted a QB so we're trying to address the position. Right? ;)

How did the 2nd on Hackeburg set the Jets back more than a second on Kujo or Ragland for us?

It didn't.

To back up Johnny Manziel

What's Johnny up to these days?

I'm not concerned with his last name at all. I see a guy who throws decisive bullets over the middle and isn't scared to run it either. I understand he's a risk but iirc he put up 400 yards on the highly touted Bama defense. As long as David Lee doesn't get ahold of him I think he has the arm and tools needed.

He's the opposite of TT. He slings it. Give me a slinger !!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: