Hughes benched for spat with Rob Ryan?

bobobonators

Hughes has been invisible since he bit his tongue half off. He must be injured. Does anyone know what his deal is?

tweet from a couple weeks ago (12/2)

@iam_jerryhughes

🎉🎊🙌🙌🙌 the meds came in for my finger.. 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how badly his injury is affecting him. Since the SF game, Hughes has 1 sack in 7 games. In 2 of those 7 games Hughes failed to record a single stat, putting up 0's in tackles, assists or sacks in the NE and Oak games. Has he peaked? Is he that injured? Rex screwing him up too? Either way, huge concern going forward with Hughes in my opinion.

You can go even further back, Hughes has 1 sack in 9 games, since Week 4. He's supposed to be our best pass rusher.

He's likely injured. It affects production, needless to say.

Im not solely blaming players. The salary cap has a lot to do with it: if the players you pay the most are producing the least, you have major major issues.

Blame who you want but to say the players dont share some of the blame is silly. We can blame Dareus for a lot. 1 sack in 9 games for Hughes? Zero stats in 2 games started in the last 7 weeks? Oakland was a critical game. He failed to produce a single number on the statline. Not even an assisted tackle.

But yes, Rex and co. Also are to blame as well. One doesnt negate the other.

you're right....

this is deflating. we've literally had this discussion for almost 2 decades, whether on this site or within our own circles.

eh, next year is our time?

Go Bills!

Why are we #28 in rush defense? Personnel or scheme? We've jettisoned Mario, who is next?

for starters we don't have a true NT to play the middle of a 3-4 defense. Dareus & kyle are both "penetrating" DT in a 4-3 defense. in a 3-4 they are both DE. there isn't a NT on the roster.

Rob is a joke. Forget the fact that all he does is curse, and looks like a drunken slob who just ordered the whole Denny's menu for a 4 am breakfast. The guy can't coach!!. If there was ever a guy living off of his father's name. Well, make that two guys.

As to the Penn State info: O'Brien did start the turn around while dealing with extreme sanctions. Franklin has continued to grow the program and has infused great talent through his excellent recruiting. As a Vandy alum I was sad to see him go but, Franklin is a Pennsylvanian and wanted Penn State as his dream job. Hard to compete with that. Vandy offered to match his salary offer from Penn State but he wanted to go home. Would be tough to coax him out of there.

When we start winning consistently its going to be so sweeet.

When do we think that will be? For almost 2 decades this franchise has just been Garbage. Everyone on this site and the fan base deserve so much better. IMO Russ Brandon should never be allowed near any football decision

Hughes plays with alot of emotion, and when the team repeatedly comes out flat and the season rolls on towards 8-8, his play will reflect that. Add that to a nagging injury (even if its a small one) and there isnt much reason to "get up" for a game this time of year on this team.

I feel like the players have a gut feeling early on in the year that they have a real shot at making a run or not.

I think that TT's play this year has deflated alot more than just the fans. The coaches and players were waiting for him to take that next step, too.

Edited by Captain_Quint

Why are we #28 in rush defense? Personnel or scheme? We've jettisoned Mario, who is next?

A lot of it is that we have been behind a lot, so people have run on us a ton. We've got the 4th-highest number of run plays faced defensively. Till yesterday, we weren't good, but we weren't all that bad at YPA. After the Pitt game, we're up to allowing 4.3 YPC. Eighth-worst in the league. That ain't good.

Usually with Dareus in, teams can't run too much on us. Yesterday we set up to stop Antonio Brown and the pass, thinking we could stop the run. That proved not to be so.