Hughes benched for spat with Rob Ryan?

bobobonators

Of course good ol Buffalo reporters - none could get the real scoop about the Rob Ryan vs Jerry Hughes spat. They all have opinions - no sources - just like the guys drinking at the Big Tree

Gleason is kind of a hack, IMO. As Rumblings pointed out, he buried that allegation (of a verbal fight between Hughes and Wolfman Rob) deep in his article, and provides no source or background. He doesn't even allege that he has a source. Did anyone else report about this alleged fight, beyond just regurgitating Gleason? If so, I haven't seen it.

Now, Hughes having beef with one or more of the coaches is totally plausible, and him getting less PT as a disciplinary measure is also plausible, but that doesn't make either one true. It's more plausible to me that Hughes' PT was reduced because he hasn't been playing as well lately (true in my amateur opinion) and maybe has been dogging it in practice.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This franchise is a joke. Doesn't matter who is at fault, you are both suppose to be adults, act like it. Rex has no control over the team. It looks more and more everyday that the team has no confidence in Rex. I just looked at the cap numbers and the Bills are not going to be players in the free agent market. Time to blow it up from the top on down. Start with Russ and end with the trainers.

So sad, who is the Penn st. coach? He has turned that program around and I know Pegula loves Penn st.

Thank you! I have said this twice already. If James Franklin can win at Vanderbilt in the SEC he needs to be considered.

James Franklin, before Penn State was at Vanderbilt. I don't think he is ready for the NFL.

Apparently the Ryan Brothers aren't either

If the Bills lose another game this year it will seal the fate of the Ryan brothers. I was really hoping they would get us into the playoffs but this team is regressing in just about every way. Looks like the players quit on the team during the Steeler's game. Hughes will be back in Buffalo next year, Rob Ryan not so much. We need a new HC and QB then we should be all set to make the playoffs. Go Bills.

He was working with the trainers earlier.

I wonder how badly his injury is affecting him. Since the SF game, Hughes has 1 sack in 7 games. In 2 of those 7 games Hughes failed to record a single stat, putting up 0's in tackles, assists or sacks in the NE and Oak games. Has he peaked? Is he that injured? Rex screwing him up too? Either way, huge concern going forward with Hughes in my opinion.

You can go even further back, Hughes has 1 sack in 9 games, since Week 4. He's supposed to be our best pass rusher.

Edited by bobobonators

I wonder how badly his injury is affecting him. Since the SF game, Hughes has 1 sack in 7 games. In 2 of those 7 games Hughes failed to record a single stat, putting up 0's in tackles, assists or sacks in the NE and Oak games. Has he peaked? Is he that injured? Rex screwing him up too? Either way, huge concern going forward with Hughes in my opinion.

You can go even further back, Hughes has 1 sack in 9 games, since Week 4. He's supposed to be our best pass rusher.

A pretty precipitous drop in production irrespective of the cause. Earlier in the season he garnered quite a bit of attention from opposing OLs that allowed LORAX to be so productive. Very curious.

A pretty precipitous drop in production irrespective of the cause. Earlier in the season he garnered quite a bit of attention from opposing OLs that allowed LORAX to be so productive. Very curious.

Yeah, the last few (3 or so?) weeks, I've focused on Hughes a fair amount while watching the game, and he's been pretty invisible. Earlier in the year, it seemed like he was playing great, even if he wasn't necessarily getting sacks. Forcing a hurried throw or forcing the QB into the waiting arms of another pass rusher are great plays that don't show up on the stat sheet for Hughes. But it seems like it's been a while since he was making those plays. I have no idea what the reason is - injury? scheme? effort? - but it's definitely a big part of our defense falling off a cliff.

#1 highest cap hit: the great Dareus

#4 highest cap hit: Hughes.

Reasons why we're sucking on defense. Plus Rex leading the charge of course.

Agreed on Rex. But someone is going to make money on the team. Those guys are good players

Let's scapegoat more players for Rex.

Ummmm Mario Williams has 9 tackles and 1.5 sacks for the fish and was benched at one point. He wasn't a scapegoat, he literally doesn't give a :censored: .

As for Hughes, who knows whats going on there, but don't compare it to Mario Williams giving up. Because he actually did.

Edited by What a Tuel

#1 highest cap hit: the great Dareus

#4 highest cap hit: Hughes.

Reasons why we're sucking on defense. Plus Rex leading the charge of course.

Rex and Rob are the reasons why the defense is horrid. I don't understand what cap hit has to do with performance. say what you will about mario or hughes, but all I know is that these two players became irreverent in Rex's D, yet thrived under Schwartz's. one actually left the team. mario sure, he quit....he this...he that...but he played for Schwartz in a way he couldn't or wouldn't for Rex. now hughes is falling into oblivion...Darby regressed, Gilmore has rare flashes of competence. see a pattern?

keep blaming players.

Rex and Rob are the reasons why the defense is horrid. I don't understand what cap hit has to do with performance. say what you will about mario or hughes, but all I know is that these two players became irreverent in Rex's D, yet thrived under Schwartz's. one actually left the team. mario sure, he quit....he this...he that...but he played for Schwartz in a way he couldn't or wouldn't for Rex. now hughes is falling into oblivion...Darby regressed, Gilmore has rare flashes of competence. see a pattern?

keep blaming players.

Im not solely blaming players. The salary cap has a lot to do with it: if the players you pay the most are producing the least, you have major major issues.

Blame who you want but to say the players dont share some of the blame is silly. We can blame Dareus for a lot. 1 sack in 9 games for Hughes? Zero stats in 2 games started in the last 7 weeks? Oakland was a critical game. He failed to produce a single number on the statline. Not even an assisted tackle.

But yes, Rex and co. Also are to blame as well. One doesnt negate the other.

Edited by bobobonators