If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

Weight training and strength are not remotely close to the abuse NFL players take on a weekly basis, especially to the stabilizing tendons which are the highest risk to injury. Hurting the Bicep, tricep, Pec, etc isn't the concern in football...its the ACL, MCL, Achilles, Rotator Cuff, etc that are the career threatening injuries and it doesn't matter how strong you are, they are still vulnerable.

So much respect to weight training in your 40's, but it isn't going to translate to Tom's career. Especially since a guy like Tom isn't basing his play on power lifting, its the explosiveness he can create with his motion that creates arm strength, which again has more to do with his tendons than power lifting.

Its just unrealistic to expect Tom to play at a high level well into his 40's. especially his mid 40's. Anything is possible, but if you are the Pats are you going to trade away his current heir replacement on the very low odds he does what has not really been done before? I wouldn't.

Good post.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weight training and strength are not remotely close to the abuse NFL players take on a weekly basis, especially to the stabilizing tendons which are the highest risk to injury. Hurting the Bicep, tricep, Pec, etc isn't the concern in football...its the ACL, MCL, Achilles, Rotator Cuff, etc that are the career threatening injuries and it doesn't matter how strong you are, they are still vulnerable.

So much respect to weight training in your 40's, but it isn't going to translate to Tom's career. Especially since a guy like Tom isn't basing his play on power lifting, its the explosiveness he can create with his motion that creates arm strength, which again has more to do with his tendons than power lifting.

Its just unrealistic to expect Tom to play at a high level well into his 40's. especially his mid 40's. Anything is possible, but if you are the Pats are you going to trade away his current heir replacement on the very low odds he does what has not really been done before? I wouldn't.

Tom doesn't even lift however with NFL rules about QBs he will not take the abuse and will be like a season golfer.

That's why I hope they trade us Tom and he plays 6 more yrs and we beat them in the playoffs to win the superbowl :devil::devil::devil:

These decisions are a little easier if we get to see Cardale run the offense for these next 3 games. I can't imagine a better place to start a rookie than thw Browns at home, then the Fins without Tanny, and a road game against the Jests.

We will see who is running the show in the front office. Rex will want TT because he wants 9-7 for his resume, but we care about next year at this point. I would also bench Gilmore if we aren't re-signing him and let Seymour get another 100 snaps these next three games. Will help him considerably with his development. Good for the team.

Given that there really aren't many other quality options out there, I would definitely be interested in acquiring Jimmy G.

I would offer something like a 4th this year and a conditional pick next year that can be as high as a 2 if he plays well and we re-sign him to a new contract.

McDaniels / Garropolo 2017, Make Buffalo Great Again!

Yep, this is what I was thinking- if Garropolo IS somewhat of a system QB, I would do my best to bring that system to Buffalo with him, to improve chances of him being productive.

I just don't know how different our personnel on offense is vs who Brady/ Garropolo/ McDaniels had in NE. I feel like we have an OLYMPIC much better at run blocking than pass blocking, which may be a major difference, and may prove to be prohibitive in allowing the NE system to fully take root in Buffalo, at least for a season or two.

Casell- went 11-5 with an offense the year before that broke records. Anyone thought he was a franchise QB never looked at who he had playing with him.

Hoyer -- Never even started in NE, and was cut... has had a decent career but again no one ever saw anything.

Mallet -- sucked, and everyone knew he sucked!

Jimmy G -- started 2 games and was without Gronk and Edelman was not healthy either... had an amazing QBR (117) and had more TD passes than at least 2/3rds of the NFL. Biggest risk isn't his talent but his health, is he going to be like Tony Romo and put up great numbers but get injured often?

Jimmy G. Someone will bet the bank on and send way to much draft capital to the Pats. My guess is either SF or Cleveland.

Casell- went 11-5 with an offense the year before that broke records. Anyone thought he was a franchise QB never looked at who he had playing with him.

Hoyer -- Never even started in NE, and was cut... has had a decent career but again no one ever saw anything.

Mallet -- sucked, and everyone knew he sucked!

Jimmy G -- started 2 games and was without Gronk and Edelman was not healthy either... had an amazing QBR (117) and had more TD passes than at least 2/3rds of the NFL. Biggest risk isn't his talent but his health, is he going to be like Tony Romo and put up great numbers but get injured often?

Jimmy G. Someone will bet the bank on and send way to much draft capital to the Pats. My guess is either SF or Cleveland.

I doubt that you'll get as much as you think. I would bet that the trade would include future conditional picks based on his performance and whether or not the team acquiring him signs to to a new contract beyond 2017.

I doubt that you'll get as much as you think. I would bet that the trade would include future conditional picks based on his performance and whether or not the team acquiring him signs to to a new contract beyond 2017.

You may be right, but I would be SHOCKED if anything less than a 1st and a 3rd would even interest the Pats. Brady isn't 20 something anymore and having a backup that has shown he can excel when put in is always nice to have just in case.

This.

You may be right, but I would be SHOCKED if anything less than a 1st and a 3rd would even interest the Pats. Brady isn't 20 something anymore and having a backup that has shown he can excel when put in is always nice to have just in case.

I don't know. If no one is offering what they're looking for, do they risk losing him for nothing the following year?

Garoppolo will take at least a first to get, and I think I would do it. This is not Cassel or Hoyer, they both came in as late round picks and marginal talent(anyway nobody ever gave up much for Hoyer). Jimmy G, put up big numbers in college. I also remember Mayock saying he had the quickest release he ever saw, supremely accurate in short and intermediate passing game, good leadership, and great work habits. If I deemed it important enough to use a first round pick on a QB, I would rather use it on him this year instead of one of the college QBs, as he has had a couple of years to develop behind an all time great. I would be hoping to give up only 2 second round picks, but I would go as high as a first. The hardest part of that trade would be giving the cheatriots a first round pick to use, but I would not think I was wasting my pick. I would rather him over Romo, or Cutler as well. One is fragile, and the other never was. I am not saying he would be a slam dunk pro bowler, but if you say to yourself you have to fix the QB position(which I think you should say every year until you get it right) then I think he is the best option this year.

There are only 2 scenarios with Jimmy, and only 2.

1. The Pats see him as the replacement of Tom, which could come in the next 1 to 2 years most likely based on history and age. In that case, there is no chance he is made available, especially to a division rival, if they think he can lead the team the next decade as the heir to Tom.

2. The Pats are willing to part ways, like they did with other QB's thought to be potential Tom replacements if he started to regress as he past the age of 35. If they were willing to trade him to us, then I would think that is pretty clear that they don't see him much different than Cassel, Hoyer, and Mallet who had showed promise on the field in the Pats system but they obviously didn't think enough of them to try and keep them.

So I dont see a scenario that is good for the Bills. He is either not available or the Pats dont think he is good enough to keep because its probable that Tom's ability to play at a high level will come to an end in the next season or two as Father Time can't be beat.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This.

I don't know. If no one is offering what they're looking for, do they risk losing him for nothing the following year?

I very rarely guess what BB is going to do, butbinwould hope he keep a proven commodity behind Brady just in case rather than getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick. IMO she is more valuable to the team than that pick would be if Brady went down injured for say 2-3 games.

There are only 2 scenarios with Jimmy, and only 2.

1. The Pats see him as the replacement of Tom, which could come in the next 1 to 2 years most likely based on history and age. In that case, there is no chance he is made available, especially to a division rival, if they think he can lead the team the next decade as the heir to Tom.

2. The Pats are willing to part ways, like they did with other QB's thought to be potential Tom replacements if he started to regress as he past the age of 35. If they were willing to trade him to us, then I would think that is pretty clear that they don't see him much different than Cassel, Hoyer, and Mallet who had showed promise on the field in the Pats system but they obviously didn't think enough of them to try and keep them.

So I dont see a scenario that is good for the Bills. He is either not available or the Pats dont think he is good enough to keep because its probable that Tom's ability to play at a high level will come to an end in the next season or two as Father Time can't be beat.

Ok I am quoting you but this is for numerous people. Who ever saw ANY promise I Mallett (who sucked every time) and Hoyer? (Who never saw real game time action) I already stated that Cassell fooled people because they didn't look at WHO he was playing with at the time. (I mean they broke records on O the year before.. and went 16-0)

This!

Bill Belichick is an evil genius that can make anyone look good at QB in his offense and he just wants draft picks for these scrubs..and he gets them!

The only reason the Bills lost to the Patriots this year was because they were forced to start a rookie, third string QB who was injured and went on IR after that game.

I would prefer to see the Bills trade away picks to move up to the top 3 to draft a QB or get Kirk Cousins.