Kyle Williams Out Today with a Back Issue

Kyle Williams, unlike the players that are generally criticized, has proven year in and year out that he is a gamer. He has not only met expectations but exceeded them. He always give 100% on the field and is a true professional. That is the difference and it's really all this fan base has ever asked for. There are many problems with this franchise, but the fans (and KW) are not one of them.

Edited by davspo

what does that involve and do you think he could play?

It depends on what the treatment is. When mine locks up, prednisone sets me straight very quickly, certainly 2 day's is enough. Tend to doubt these guys are allowed to take it though. Probably put him on some yummy painkillers/NSAIDs and have him in the training room for massages and ice/heat all weekend. Traction is nice too, if it's in the training room. We should have a pizza delivered....

what does that involve and do you think he could play?

Two things: "The first step of treatment is to release the muscular spasm. While this can be accomplished in a variety of ways, the most successful treatment I have encountered is that of Active Release Techniques. By breaking up the pain-spasm cycle, the patient then becomes mobile enough to function, and to start the next phase of treatment. This second step is that of rehabilitating the stabilizing muscles of the spine. In most cases, these muscles need to be stimulated and strengthened so that the next time a movement is initiated, these muscles will contract first, preventing further injury."

I think he can play limited reps if his rest and treatment go well. He's probably able to play 30% of the snaps. I wouldn't think he could go over 50%.

http://elitesportstherapy.com/a-new-spin-on-sudden-onset-low-back-pain/

Edited by Dr.Sack

OOO OOO is it time to run Kyle out of town yet because of his INJs, like some want to with Sammy?

How bout the fact that he disappears in the 4th quarter just like everyone else on this team. We have regressed back to the team that had no pressure last year. We rushed 5 and 6, and carr picked us apart. We rushed 3 to try and make it harder to find a spot, and he continued to pick us apart.

Until we can rush the passer consistently we're not beating anyone decent.

Edited by dneveu

How bout the fact that he disappears in the 4th quarter just like everyone else on this team.

You're right. He definitely didn't sack Russell Wilson on 3rd down in the 4th quarter of that game to force a punt and a final chance for us to score.

The only one who feels worse about this then is the fans and coaches is Kyle himself. He knows how important this game is and is probably devastated that he can't play. How many players could you really say that about? Get better soon Kyle, we need up back ASAP!