Taylor showing frustration to Buffalo media

YoloinOhio

I love how people think there are guys like Brady and Rogers just floating around that no one knows about. Look at teams like Miami, NYJ, Cleveland, Jax, SF, Chi, AZ, LA, and you could add some borderline QB's like Minnesota, Philly, Cincy, and Hou.

Tyrod gets the daggers but I have NO faith in the defense and they should be facing the tough questions.

Can't wait to buy my Tony Romo shirt next spring!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people think there are guys like Brady and Rogers just floating around that no one knows about. Look at teams like Miami, NYJ, Cleveland, Jax, SF, Chi, AZ, LA, and you could add some borderline QB's like Minnesota, Philly, Cincy, and Hou.

Tyrod gets the daggers but I have NO faith in the defense and they should be facing the tough questions.

true dat

I agree with Tyrod's stance. Sometimes it feels like there's a crusade from WGR and Buff News to have certain players jettisoned out of here. Yes, Tyrod can do better but does anyone watch other NFL games? You see low scores and poor QB output every week. The Bills average at least 25 pts per game. That's a great average and there's hardly been any help from defense and special teams like you see in KC and Denver.

Could Tyrod do better? absolutely. So could about 28 other starting QB's. Let's get someone at QB next year and see the average pts per game plummet to about 17-20 and see how everyone feels about that.

Unless he just craps the bed these last 4 weeks I;m on board with resigning TT. I'm also on board with drafting a QB every year to see if we can find a diamond in the rough, also prepping Cardale to see if he can upgrade the position someday.

When belichek refuses to answer questions it's ok, and kinda funny. on to Baltimore. Etc. but when a player doesn't wanna talk about his contract he's a baby. Guy says he's focused on Pittsburgh, and guess what we have until like march to decide what to do with his contract... i wouldn't be super focused on it either.

Also, breaking news! Rodak made another click bait "article"... watching the press conference it was not a big deal, but well say the locker room is falling apart.

The worst was when Sammy did a 30 minute interview with Dunn and like 15 seconds of it focused on more targets. Next day rodak writes an article, uses that quote and basically says Sammy is a selfish POS. News these days... all clicks.

Give non answers that's fine. Walk away saying I am done talking is frustration. You want that from your "Leader"

Interestingly, at the end of year press conference last season, it was Mr. Sunshine Jerry Sullivan (as I recall) who was pushing the narrative that TT was woefully underpaid.

He wasn't saying that Taylor should be the starter, he was saying that if the Bills were going to make him the starter, they were being cheap by not paying him like a starter per the NFL standard salary for a starting QB. Saying that he should not be the starting QB next year is a different issue.

I took notice of Tyrod's extremely thin skin several times in pressers these last 2 seasons. It appears he thinks he's much better than he is. I've noticed a few times he'll put down the people asking the question by acting like they don't know football and he does. I think with each passing game he plays he looks more foolish taking that stance because it's becoming obvious to everyone with 2 eyes that he's a totally flawed QB. Perhaps it's his own frustration, knowing he's not getting the job done, boiling over, but he comes across real childish and insecure when he acts like a brat like that.

I'm at the point with Tyrod right now that I'd actually be very disappointed if he's on our team next year. I know what he is, and I know no playoffs with him is a certainty.....so to plop down $27.5M in cash next year for that, would be the definition of asinine.

I've actually been thinking of this in the context of what teams would be willing to pay him....

I don't think any team, after extensive film study of his game, would give him more than $15M per season, and I think even that amount would be too much. I think most of the league wouldn't even consider him because of how poorly he played this season coupled with his unorthodox (can't sit and run an offense in a pocket) playing style. That would leave only a handful of teams and I can't see anyone wanting to commit more than $15M guaranteed to a player with so many holes in his game.

That's what makes the Bills decision to pay him $27.5M in cash next year that much easier, IMO. If you have a player that every other team in the league wouldn't pay half what you are getting ready to pay him, what should you do? Pretty simple, you cut him.

That brings up the next interesting question: If the Bills do cut him or decide he's not getting the $27.5M in '17 are they able to rework the deal to a number they think is fair, or does Tyrod get upset and want to be cut?

I agree with much of this but I don't agree with the thought that the playoffs are unattainable with Tyrod.

Since ALynn took over as OC, the Bills offense has been scoring an above-average number of points and grinding out an average amount of yardage.

If you combined that offense with a first rate defense, the Bills would get into the playoffs.

In fact, if we had just stayed healthy this year, we might have made the playoffs.

But I agree with the gist of the post - Tyrod is not performing like a franchise QB.

But before we ditch the guy, let's find someone better. Let's not enter 2017 like we entered 2015.

at least 8...

at least. the kid can play. let him grow. he looks just like a 1st year QB with outstanding skills. hesitating.. playing within his current limits. very natural. go look at the Mannings in their first 30 games. they sucked.

Never understood this logic, not once. We are not entitled to hear what athletes have to say and I'd like someone, somewhere to give one good reason why we should be? If you buy a ticket, that entitles you to nothing but tour seat to the performance. Do we expect/require/demand bands and actors stand up for a press conference and answer questions after every performance? And save the "we pay for their stadiums" BS because that means we should be holding out politicians accountable, not the athletes. If only the media here in Buffalo held our state and local leaders to the same levels of accountability and expectation, this state and region wouldn't be dying (it is, don't fool yourself). We wouldn't have untouchable shadow govts like water authorities and thruway authorities, wasted expenditures, inefficient service delivery, and the multtide of structural problems that killing this place in the first place and won't be fixed with new buildings and craft breweries.

I prefer Lynch's approach to the media, which is beat it losers. And Belichek's complete disdain for them. When a guy who spends his life hiding behind the ink barrel and hasn't been a CEO or pro athletes tries to act like he's knows what he's talking about, it tends to come off as childish.

great post. Hoodie is the model for handling the media. Love his pressers. He is running the show. f them all.

I agree with much of this but I don't agree with the thought that the playoffs are unattainable with Tyrod.

Since ALynn took over as OC, the Bills offense has been scoring an above-average number of points and grinding out an average amount of yardage.

If you combined that offense with a first rate defense, the Bills would get into the playoffs.

In fact, if we had just stayed healthy this year, we might have made the playoffs.

But I agree with the gist of the post - Tyrod is not performing like a franchise QB.

But before we ditch the guy, let's find someone better. Let's not enter 2017 like we entered 2015.

With all due respect, I think a lot of teams who don't make the playoffs say these same things every year. Especially us Buffalo fans.

All teams deal with injuries.

I'm tired of wanting the best defense known to man just so we can make up for having a crappy quarterback.. I'd rather have a good QB who can actually make plays when the team is behind and needs points.

It's the same excuses we're making for schitty quarterbacks, year after year, after year.

The fact of the matter is that Tyrod Taylor simply is not very good. He's actually not good at all. He can run. Big !@#$ing deal. It is - literally - the only thing he does well as an NFL QB.

That will never be good enough and as long as he is the QB, this team has no shot at getting to the post season.

And with regard to another post - I don't want to wait until we have someone better. I'd much rather go with an unknown. Continuing to put someone out there who will "lead" this team to no more than 8 or 9 wins is not a good plan. Putting a question mark out there makes more sense to me.

Just my dos pesos.

With all due respect, I think a lot of teams who don't make the playoffs say these same things every year. Especially us Buffalo fans.

All teams deal with injuries.

I'm tired of wanting the best defense known to man just so we can make up for having a crappy quarterback.. I'd rather have a good QB who can actually make plays when the team is behind and needs points.

It's the same excuses we're making for schitty quarterbacks, year after year, after year.

The fact of the matter is that Tyrod Taylor simply is not very good. He's actually not good at all. He can run. Big !@#$ing deal. It is - literally - the only thing he does well as an NFL QB.

That will never be good enough and as long as he is the QB, this team has no shot at getting to the post season.

And with regard to another post - I don't want to wait until we have someone better. I'd much rather go with an unknown. Continuing to put someone out there who will "lead" this team to no more than 8 or 9 wins is not a good plan. Putting a question mark out there makes more sense to me.

Just my dos pesos.

Yup, it seems some fans just want to sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard. Of the Wild Card teams that have made it to the playoffs only 6 have won the SB, only 10 total have made it to the SB itself. I want the Bills to win the division. I want the Bills to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Look which teams lead the AFC/NFC conferences year in and year out, teams that have good/great QB play.

at least. the kid can play. let him grow. he looks just like a 1st year QB with outstanding skills. hesitating.. playing within his current limits. very natural. go look at the Mannings in their first 30 games. they sucked.

4 years apprenticing with a premier organization. Now 26 starts in the NFL. Still can't read a defense, go through progressions, has accuracy issues and we're talking limits. Yes, this is the guy I'd hand over 27M to next season. A guy with limits that doesn't win you games. A guy who sits alone on the sidelines after a 3 and out.

And to compare TT in 2015-16 to Peyton in 1998-99 and Eli in 04-05 is absurd. Rules didn't facilitate the pass-happy offenses then which have been in vogue the past 5-8 years. Either way, both Peyton and Eli were better in their second season starting than TT could ever hope to be.

4 years apprenticing with a premier organization. Now 26 starts in the NFL. Still can't read a defense, go through progressions, has accuracy issues and we're talking limits. Yes, this is the guy I'd hand over 27M to next season. A guy with limits that doesn't win you games. A guy who sits alone on the sidelines after a 3 and out.

And to compare TT in 2015-16 to Peyton in 1998-99 and Eli in 04-05 is absurd. Rules didn't facilitate the pass-happy offenses then which have been in vogue the past 5-8 years. Either way, both Peyton and Eli were better in their second season starting than TT could ever hope to be.

Im not going to get into Tyrod's play because that is not the point of this thread

Tryod WANTED to talk about the game....the media wanted to talk about the contract...they kept at it.....he said no....they kept at it...he said thats enough

Good for him