I'm calling each and every member of the CoT out

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and the irony is that the EXACT same people who are the most negative about Taylor are the EXACT same people who, after a pathetic Manuel performance (last year vs. Cincinnati is the best example), would sarcastically say stuff like "yeah that was awesome when EJ Manuel missed that tackle on AJ Green," etc.

I will say the same thing now that I did then about Manuel: I can evaluate both units separately. Just because the defense sucked vs. Cincinnati doesn't mean Manuel didn't also suck. Just because the defense utterly collapsed in the third quarter yesterday doesn't mean that Taylor didn't also collapse.

I will point out though, that in the Bills' last four losses, they have scored 25, 25, 25 and 24 points. And that includes exactly one garbage time score (against New England). As bad as Taylor LOOKS, he continues to be somewhat effective in the whole scoring points category. And again, I'm the one saying that picking up the option is now very much in question and would not be averse to moving on from him at this point.

He's actually above .500 (14-12) but OK.

You're the only one bringing up EJ, dude. Time to move on... Edited by fridge

There are 32 teams. Probably 26 QBs aren't good enough. We gave an elite team a good game. We have to get better but we are closer to making the playoffs than a #1 pick.

Giving up 29 points might not be an offensive issue. We led by 13 in the third.

But again, the Raiders are probably going to the Super Bowl.

Yep. We are in the big fat gooey middle of the NFL. Not bottom 10, not elite 8. Squished in with the other 14. Boy they have a tough decision on TT. He does a lot very well and for long stretches. A unique talent.. but so was Vick.

The rules are stacked in favor of the passing game. It seems you have to threaten the defense by throwing it accurately 30+ times per game, 'cause everyone else is and no one's backend is tight enough to hold up with the PI and holding rules the way they are. You're playing teams that can score in 3 minutes or cause all kinds of PI and def holding calls, and it takes you 10 minutes to score , you will probably be 8 - 8 forever.

Let's see how they do with some home cookin' the rest of the way. Going 1-2 in west coast games is about par for the course in the NFL unless you have a GOAT.

Going 6-1 after the bye will be good enough for me, even if they don't make the playoffs. 16 game season folks, not 12. They are what they are, lets get some guys back and get after it for 4 games.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

You're the only one bringing up EJ, dude. Time to move on...

This is true. Metz made the EJ thing very personal, particularly with a poster who is no longer here. The EJ race is run it is over. EJ has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's assessment of Tyrod at this stage.

I tried to support tyrod but im done with him..He had sammy open for 2 tds and didnt even look his way..who the heck looks at goodwin before sammy??

Im done supporting these bums we have at qb and im ready for new

Welcome back to reality. All is forgiven

Welcome back to reality. All is forgiven

Joe, you should not have limited the thread title to just "Cult of Tyrod".

A whole bunch of posters here have built an elaborate personal belief system around the Bills. It functions as a religion in their lives, and they are zealots. A few posters in particular are High Priests.

The problem is the "Cult of the Bills" not just Tyrod.

This is the key division that creates so much strife at this forum.

It's not a positive vs. negative distinction or anything else.

It's the "let's open our minds and have an objective discussion about the team" people vs. the crowd that views the team as a religion, and who want this forum to function as a fan club for the team. To them, any post, ever, on any subject, that isn't "Go Bills!" at its core is viewed as pissing in the community watering hole.

It would be like going to the Disney character fan club forum (Mickey Mouse Club still exist!?) and starting a conversation about how Walt was a bit of a Nazi. That sort of thing would be viewed as contrary to the interests of the bulk of the forum, as they are there to celebrate and enjoy the fun aspects of the Disney world, not have a rational conversation about all things Disney.

I wish this forum could be divided into "rational discussion" folks and "this is my fan club, don't piss in the drinking hole" crowd.

It would avoid so much garbage in every thread here.

Well, they are beating the teams they should beat and losing to the teams they should lose to, with a couple exceptions in each direction. So in theory, they should finish 9-7 or 10-6, just about what everyone thought at the beginning of the season. pretty good season. not good enough, but pretty good. A Lynn gets to put his offense in next year and improve the pass game. Watkins, LIstenbee, Woods et al come back and we have a team. Keep TT bc there are no other options, unless you sink a year into EJ or Romo or someone and develop CJ (which by the way I am ok with). and draft a QB to add to the mix. Usual drill. Not sure what else to say.

Think T/K Pegs feel the same way? Satisfied with 6-8 wins this season, after an 8-8 last year and 9-7 in 2014? Doubtful. RW owned teams won 6-7 games per without spending the money T/K Pegs do to get 8-9 wins.

Beating bad to mediocre teams and getting blasted by good ones is the story of this team going back the duration of the playoff drought. And there's no way they win out and win 10 this season. Not happening.

8-8 no more, right? :lol:

No way 95% of the people here agree with that

Name one bullet point there that you disagree with.

Lmao. I actually laughed bc its true. 95% of the people here couldnt find common ground if their lives depended on it.

Again, give me one bullet point from that past which is even debatable.

This is true. Metz made the EJ thing very personal, particularly with a poster who is no longer here. The EJ race is run it is over. EJ has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's assessment of Tyrod at this stage.

Agreed. Of course myself or the Bills or NFL analysts and scouts aren't invoking the play of EJ Manuel when assessing Tyrod's play. I was only using him as a frame of reference- there are posters on here who believe Tyrod Taylor is even worse than EJ Manuel right now. Forget about EJ Manuel. Substitute Geno Smith. There are posters on here who believe Tyrod Taylor is even worse than Geno Smith right now.

Name one bullet point there that you disagree with.

Again, give me one bullet point from that past which is even debatable.

Agreed. Of course myself or the Bills or NFL analysts and scouts aren't invoking the play of EJ Manuel when assessing Tyrod's play. I was only using him as a frame of reference- there are posters on here who believe Tyrod Taylor is even worse than EJ Manuel right now. Forget about EJ Manuel. Substitute Geno Smith. There are posters on here who believe Tyrod Taylor is even worse than Geno Smith right now.

We've seen what TT can do in 25 starts. Let's see what EJ has got in the next couple games then we can cut ties with the both of them. EJ never had a run game like Taylor.

We've seen what TT can do in 25 starts. Let's see what EJ has got in the next couple games then we can cut ties with the both of them. EJ never had a run game like Taylor.

No one can tell me EJ can't hand the ball to Gilly or Shady 20 - 25 times a game, in fact EJ's play action is waaayyy better than TT, and that's a fact. Will EJ run around like TT, nope probably not, but is that really a bad thing at this point? TT get's sacked as much as any other QB in this league, EJ won't be much of a fall off, IMO. Look, we know what we have in TT, the rest of the league does as well. If they make him be a pocket passer, they most likely beat the Bills, period. EJ at least can throw to a TE in the middle, and can also throw the 3-step slant. He's not as accurate at the deep ball, but that can be learned over time with more reps..

I'm putting in my vote for starting EJ, let's see what he has learned? The Bills are NOT, I repeat NOT making the playoffs this year..

Tim-

I'm fine with getting rid of him - but we'll probably be worse. If we're tanking for picks i guess go for it. Keep rex too, no one will want the job and he's already getting paid anyway.

It's an NFL team with owners who have an excellent reputation...There's only 32 of those jobs in the world (less with really good owners)...There is talent on Offense and Defense...They have the best rushing offense in the NFL, and they're still top 5 without Tyrod...I believe they would have been 3rd last year without Tyrod in rushing offense...

Plenty of HC prospects will covet the Bills job...Plenty... B-)

No one can tell me EJ can't hand the ball to Gilly or Shady 20 - 25 times a game, in fact EJ's play action is waaayyy better than TT, and that's a fact. Will EJ run around like TT, nope probably not, but is that really a bad thing at this point? TT get's sacked as much as any other QB in this league, EJ won't be much of a fall off, IMO. Look, we know what we have in TT, the rest of the league does as well. If they make him be a pocket passer, they most likely beat the Bills, period. EJ at least can throw to a TE in the middle, and can also throw the 3-step slant. He's not as accurate at the deep ball, but that can be learned over time with more reps..

I'm putting in my vote for starting EJ, let's see what he has learned? The Bills are NOT, I repeat NOT making the playoffs this year..

Tim-

As much as I would have rallied around this in the past, what's done is done. They hedged their bets on Taylor. It's time to move on.

EJ may have had more upside, but it would never come to be with this organization. I'm not even sure at this point what would happen if we had drafted Carr. Would we suddenly have this great emerging star or would he turn out more like his brother?

As much as I would have rallied around this in the past, what's done is done. They hedged their bets on Taylor. It's time to move on.

EJ may have had more upside, but it would never come to be with this organization. I'm not even sure at this point what would happen if we had drafted Carr. Would we suddenly have this great emerging star or would he turn out more like his brother?

EJ doesn't read the field well. But TT is actually worse. The problem is, while EJ isn't averse to making certain throws (I can think of like four or five throws that simply don't exist when TT has the ball), and while he will make some of them and hold defenses accountable better than TT can, he also just sails passes and turns the ball over way too often. He's not so much better at TT at seeing the field and hitting guys up the seam (for example) that we could manage all the turnovers that opponents simply aren't getting right now.

I don't know. May be spending the last two seasons on the bench changed some things for EJ. His performances last year didn't indicate so, but perhaps he's gotten better since? Probably not.