I'm calling each and every member of the CoT out

That was a deal breaker for me. TT lost me today.

Me too. It has been building over the past few weeks, but today was the capper. He just flat out stunk up the joint Sunday. Defense was putrid too, so there is plenty of blame to go around, but TT's play was definitely a contributing factor in the loss. QB's are supposed to help their team find ways to win, not find ways to lose.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ doesn't read the field well. But TT is actually worse. The problem is, while EJ isn't averse to making certain throws (I can think of like four or five throws that simply don't exist when TT has the ball), and while he will make some of them and hold defenses accountable better than TT can, he also just sails passes and turns the ball over way too often. He's not so much better at TT at seeing the field and hitting guys up the seam (for example) that we could manage all the turnovers that opponents simply aren't getting right now.

I don't know. May be spending the last two seasons on the bench changed some things for EJ. His performances last year didn't indicate so, but perhaps he's gotten better since? Probably not.

This is a pretty level headed evaluation. My only issue is that now we are three years (counting the Orton season) with no playoffs that could have been used to start and develop EJ. When we inevitably ditch Tyrod (could be this offseason, could be 2019), we will at best be no better than we would have been sticking with our guy. Now we are nowhere, again.

I see Taylor's ceiling as being reached in his first start with us. He doesn't play with the attitude of someone that's learning and improving.

Hopefully Jones (I'm really not holding out much hope here) or a draft pick step in and play with this team like Big Ben's rookie year...ultra conservative BUT with the ability to grow into the position and take chances as they develop the pre-snap skills to really read NFL defenses.

We've seen what TT can do in 25 starts. Let's see what EJ has got in the next couple games then we can cut ties with the both of them. EJ never had a run game like Taylor.

I really hope you guys understand that the running game is better because Tyrod Taylor is the QB and other teams have to respect that he could keep the ball at any time. You really don't think you could put Charlie Whitehurst or whoever back there and the run game would be just as successful, do you? Again, this is why, despite his deficiencies as a passer- and there are many, enough for me to not argue that you let him go after this season- that he is a more effective overall QB than those who only harp on his passing realize.

I really hope you guys understand that the running game is better because Tyrod Taylor is the QB and other teams have to respect that he could keep the ball at any time. You really don't think you could put Charlie Whitehurst or whoever back there and the run game would be just as successful, do you? Again, this is why, despite his deficiencies as a passer- and there are many, enough for me to not argue that you let him go after this season- that he is a more effective overall QB than those who only harp on his passing realize.

The running game is better? Sure. But I'd rather have a QB who actually tries to play the position and take my chances that McCoy and our offensive guru can keep the running game going. I doubt we go from #1 to #16 without TT.

The running game is better? Sure. But I'd rather have a QB who actually tries to play the position and take my chances that McCoy and our offensive guru can keep the running game going. I doubt we go from #1 to #16 without TT.

That's fair and I don't disagree. I was just responding to someone who said that anyone can just hand off to McCoy and Gillislee 25 times a game and the running game would look exactly the same. Taylor is a big part of what makes the running game go. But yes, I would absolutely take an efficient, traditional pocket passer and the 10th ranked running game over what we have. But I am in the Church of Tyrod, so what do I know?

That's fair and I don't disagree. I was just responding to someone who said that anyone can just hand off to McCoy and Gillislee 25 times a game and the running game would look exactly the same. Taylor is a big part of what makes the running game go. But yes, I would absolutely take an efficient, traditional pocket passer and the 10th ranked running game over what we have. But I am in the Church of Tyrod, so what do I know?

I was talking about EeeeeeeJjjjjjj.

The problem with these kind of posts is they put you squarely in a camp. If he lights it up and gets rid of the ball quicker, you will not budge. As soon as he reverts, you say "I told you so."

I want him to succeed and feel he has the tools to do so. I am also willing to admit that the window to find his ceiling is shutting and that maybe he's reached said ceiling.

As of now, our offense is predicated on explosive plays, not drives. This is not sustainable. But how much is Taylor and how much is the OC?

He makes plays out of nothing, doesn't turn the ball over (until yesterday) and has a great deep ball. I'm rooting for him.

He must also get rid of the ball quicker and see more of the field. We should continue drafting and bring in some competition.

He played an amazing game in Seattle. He played an awful game yesterday.

Am I in your CoT?

The problem with these kind of posts is they put you squarely in a camp. If he lights it up and gets rid of the ball quicker, you will not budge. As soon as he reverts, you say "I told you so."

I want him to succeed and feel he has the tools to do so. I am also willing to admit that the window to find his ceiling is shutting and that maybe he's reached said ceiling.

As of now, our offense is predicated on explosive plays, not drives. This is not sustainable. But how much is Taylor and how much is the OC?

He makes plays out of nothing, doesn't turn the ball over (until yesterday) and has a great deep ball. I'm rooting for him.

He must also get rid of the ball quicker and see more of the field. We should continue drafting and bring in some competition.

He played an amazing game in Seattle. He played an awful game yesterday.

Am I in your CoT?

If he lights it up (he won't), I'll be the first to cheer him, assuming it's sustained.

We've seen what TT can do in 25 starts. Let's see what EJ has got in the next couple games then we can cut ties with the both of them. EJ never had a run game like Taylor.

I agree 100%. I was at camp when the three QB'S were competing and I though EJ looked best. If we hadn't gotten robbed in London with that call on Roby, he would have led us to a huge comeback and everyone would feel different about him. We are out of it, let's see what he has, if he's worse than Tyrod, dump them both! But I predict he will be much better than Tyrod. Tyrod can't think fast enough and he's too short to see the field. He misses more open guys than anyone and won't throw it unless they are WIDE open and then he missed a lot of them. If EJ can't do better I'll be very surprised.

Yes, they respect it so much that they let us have the best running game in football and still suck because we have a QB who can't pass.

Great philosophy.

Everyone saying EJ never had a running game.... his rookie year we were second in rushing.

I apologise Metz - it seems some people still are clinging to EJ. That is crazy to me.

Some are still clinging to Taylor. Some are clamoring for Jones. Big whoop, our qb situation sucks.

It has sucked.

It does suck.

It will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.