I'm calling each and every member of the CoT out

I'm done with TT too.

However the rest of the league sees what we do. Therefore there is no market for him.

The Bills should let EJ walk and renegotiate TT's contract. He has no leverage. Let him on a reduced contract, Jones (who I think sucks), and a rookie/FA battle it out for the starting job.

If he won't renegotiate like Fitz wouldn't, then say good bye and good luck

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot what it feels like to have your QB stand tall in the pocket, survey the field, then step up and throw a strike down the seam. It sure looks like fun when the other teams do it.

I forgot what it feels like to have your QB set his feet when he throws.

I forgot what it feels like to have your QB stand tall in the pocket, survey the field, then step up and throw a strike down the seam. It sure looks like fun when the other teams do it.

I won't lie- there have been times where it felt like the right coaching would be "if you line up with this play call against this pre snap look-- I don't care what else you see, when you hit the last step you are to throw a laser to X spot. If it's picked, I don't care but if you hold it you can sit down"

Obviously camp/preseason is the spot for that but I think that there's a lesson to be taught that avoiding an on time decision is as much a bad decision as an incorrect read is.

I won't lie- there have been times where it felt like the right coaching would be "if you line up with this play call against this pre snap look-- I don't care what else you see, when you hit the last step you are to throw a laser to X spot. If it's picked, I don't care but if you hold it you can sit down"

Obviously camp/preseason is the spot for that but I think that there's a lesson to be taught that avoiding an on time decision is as much a bad decision as an incorrect read is.

3 step drops have to always come out on time. Those are you hitches and slants.

Ever think reasons slants are never run anymore is because QB can't throw on time. As you know it is maddening to hold the ball on a 3 step route minus maybe a 9 route

I am convinced that TT cannot see receivers in the middle of the field, he just is not tall enough. He throws 100 mph fastballs to receivers 5 yards away, he is completely inaccurate 13 - 18 yard range. I am sure that TT is a fine man John from Hemet, but if quality of character is the qualifier as to who should be your starter, than EJ would most certainly be the better choice.

Under no circumstance should TT be brought back next year. Spend the money for improvements elsewhere.

The ineptitude of the offense hanging the defense out to dry

The offense had long drives in the first half. The defense should not have been tired even with the consecutive 3 and outs. The defensive collapse was scheme based or not adjusting to the Raiders in the second half. And would it be too much to ask to stop any TE running a post pattern up the middle of the field? Or a crossing route? It's been our Achilles heel all year.

I am convinced that TT cannot see receivers in the middle of the field, he just is not tall enough.

I would guess that TT scrambles primarily to get a better view of the field - even when there is no pressure, about 30-35% of the time. Just an estimated guess. I'd be real interested to see the stats on that if anyone wants to do it, but I don't have the stomach for it. He's listed at 6'1" but he plays like 5'9" in the pocket.

I would guess that TT scrambles primarily to get a better view of the field - even when there is no pressure, about 30-35% of the time. Just an estimated guess. I'd be real interested to see the stats on that if anyone wants to do it, but I don't have the stomach for it. He's listed at 6'1" but he plays like 5'9" in the pocket.

Reminiscent of defenses figuring out Flutie.

The offense had long drives in the first half. The defense should not have been tired even with the consecutive 3 and outs. The defensive collapse was scheme based or not adjusting to the Raiders in the second half. And would it be too much to ask to stop any TE running a post pattern up the middle of the field? Or a crossing route? It's been our Achilles heel all year.

Yeah they really do get tired when on the field against a no huddle offense against one of the better Offenses in the league for essentially 15 minutes straight

"It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time for action has passed."

-Carl von Clausewitz

I am convinced that TT cannot see receivers in the middle of the field, he just is not tall enough. He throws 100 mph fastballs to receivers 5 yards away, he is completely inaccurate 13 - 18 yard range. I am sure that TT is a fine man John from Hemet, but if quality of character is the qualifier as to who should be your starter, than EJ would most certainly be the better choice.

Under no circumstance should TT be brought back next year. Spend the money for improvements elsewhere.

His lack of vision of the field is not a literal, mechanical problem in the sense of being too short.

He simply lacks awareness of what's happening all around him, as many middling QBs do.

In the heat of the moment he reverts to all sorts of bad habits, including things like forgetting to look at an entire side of the field, or looking beyond his first read.

You know when he is confused, flustered, and mired in indecision. He goes into panic mode and starts hopping around on his feet and repeatedly tapping the ball with his non-throwing hand.

On other plays he remains calm and doesn't do those things.

Great QBs "see" everything, the game slows down for them, and they remain calm and in control. They can process the game in a few seconds, deconstruct a defense, realize where they should throw the ball, and then have the physical ability to accurately deliver the ball.

It's a really interesting combination of disparate talents; intelligence, game IQ, and physical ability.

Unfortunately, about 5 guys can do this at the top NFL level at any one moment in time.

I don't have the time or the inclination to read this whole thread but I can tell you this. There is no "Church of Tyrod." There are 95% of the people on here who know exactly what Tyrod is and would agree with all of the following:

-he had an excellent first year as a starter

-he has regressed this year

-he holds onto the ball way too long

-he has the most depleted WR corps I've ever seen

-he is a below average starting QB at this point

-he is more effective as an overall QB than he is simply from a passing standpoint

-he is still a top 32 QB in this league

-whether or not to pick up his option is now very much in question

Then there are 5% of the people on here who think Taylor completely sucks, is worse than EJ Manuel, etc.

I come on here often and literally don't know one poster who has any illusions about Taylor being better than he is. But according to those 5%, if you think Taylor doesn't completely suck/isn't the worst QB in the entire league/isn't worse than EJ Manuel, then evidently, you are in the "Church of Tyrod" or a "fanboy."

It's really dumb.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I don't have the time or the inclination to read this whole thread but I can tell you this. There is no "Church of Tyrod." There are 95% of the people on here who know exactly what Tyrod is and would agree with all of the following:

-he had an excellent first year as a starter

-he has regressed this year

-he holds onto the ball way too long

-he has the most depleted WR corps I've ever seen

-he is a below average starting QB at this point

-he is more effective as an overall QB than he is simply from a passing standpoint

-he is still a top 32 QB in this league

-whether or not to pick up his option is now very much in question

Then there are 5% of the people on here who think Taylor completely sucks, is worse than EJ Manuel, etc.

I come on here often and literally don't know one poster who has any illusions about Taylor being better than he is. But according to those 5%, if you think Taylor doesn't completely suck/isn't the worst QB in the entire league/isn't worse than EJ Manuel, then evidently, you are in the "Church of Tyrod" or a "fanboy."

It's really dumb.

Not even close. You're focusing on all the wrong things and making it personal. Taylor hit his ceiling the first week he played for us. He has no chance of improving. This is it, it's all he's got.

No one ripping on tyrod is delusional enough to pretend he's not an impressive athlete. He is definitely elusive. Once in a very long while he will pick up a tough first down with his feet. Most of the time (especially in the fourth quarter when you NEED to throw) he's nearly useless at QB.

He'll be 28 next year and I have no reason to assume he'll suddenly learn how to lead a receiver. Great athlete, below average QB.