I'm calling each and every member of the CoT out

I don't have the time or the inclination to read this whole thread but I can tell you this. There is no "Church of Tyrod." There are 95% of the people on here who know exactly what Tyrod is and would agree with all of the following:

-he had an excellent first year as a starter

-he has regressed this year

-he holds onto the ball way too long

-he has the most depleted WR corps I've ever seen

-he is a below average starting QB at this point

-he is more effective as an overall QB than he is simply from a passing standpoint

-he is still a top 32 QB in this league

-whether or not to pick up his option is now very much in question

Then there are 5% of the people on here who think Taylor completely sucks, is worse than EJ Manuel, etc.

I come on here often and literally don't know one poster who has any illusions about Taylor being better than he is. But according to those 5%, if you think Taylor doesn't completely suck/isn't the worst QB in the entire league/isn't worse than EJ Manuel, then evidently, you are in the "Church of Tyrod" or a "fanboy."

It's really dumb.

No way 95% of the people here agree with that

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense had long drives in the first half. The defense should not have been tired even with the consecutive 3 and outs. The defensive collapse was scheme based or not adjusting to the Raiders in the second half. And would it be too much to ask to stop any TE running a post pattern up the middle of the field? Or a crossing route? It's been our Achilles heel all year.

just think how bad it would have been if their WRs had caught those TDs and dropped passes.

Reminiscent of defenses figuring out Flutie.

That was my biggest fears last yr and sadly it came to pass

I don't have the time or the inclination to read this whole thread but I can tell you this. There is no "Church of Tyrod." There are 95% of the people on here who know exactly what Tyrod is and would agree with all of the following:

-he is more effective as an overall QB than he is simply from a passing standpoint

Then there are 5% of the people on here who think Taylor completely sucks, is worse than EJ Manuel, etc.

I come on here often and literally don't know one poster who has any illusions about Taylor being better than he is. But according to those 5%, if you think Taylor doesn't completely suck/isn't the worst QB in the entire league/isn't worse than EJ Manuel, then evidently, you are in the "Church of Tyrod" or a "fanboy."

It's really dumb.

last yr he had a good season, if it was excellent he wouldn't have gotten this yr to yr contact. I don't give Whaley credit for much but I will for not tying this franchise to a long term contract with an unproven QB.

all the rest I pretty much agree with

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

It's really dumb.

No Metz... the people who I had genuinely begun to think were cultish in their support for Tyrod were the people who even as recently as Friday refused to accept, or even discuss without attempts to insult and ridicule, the final point on your bulleted list.

There were people last week saying there was "no alternative" to the option or that we should take it up "whatever happens". To have watched the games and have that opinion even before yesterday was the equivalent to sticking one's head in the sand.

This has sod all to do with EJ Manuel - being better than him does not make Tyrod a franchise Quarterback. It makes him the best we have.... but I don't want to tie myself to two years of $16m for that. And if Doug Whaley is not saying to the Pegulas and Rex "we cannot take up this option in any circumstances" then my support for the GM will end and he should go.

It does, he must be the slowest, DUMBeST QB pre-snap. Please show me where he adjusts plays and audibles before the snap. Please show me that he is able to get the O to line up in under 25 seconds. This kid blows.

He does seem decidedly football dumb. Never targets the right guy. Just can't read the field. A heady combo of Vince Evans/JP Losman

Edited by billsintaiwan

Tyrod has some great strengths that make him the best QB that we've had in a long, long time. Unfortunately, Tyrod is also not developing as a passer and that means we're going to need to move on from him.

That being said, I don't know how we don't pick up his option. We have no one else, and there's no one else out there. I think the right answer is to keep Tyrod and draft someone, and then keep drafting QBs until you hit.

Edited by Chilly

Tyrod has some great strengths that make him the best QB that we've had in a long, long time. Unfortunately, Tyrod is also not developing as a passer and that means we're going to need to move on from him.

That being said, I don't know how we don't pick up his option. We have no one else, and there's no one else out there. I think the right answer is to keep Tyrod and draft someone, and then keep drafting QBs until you hit.

How are you supposed to know you have one with this bum starting

The Bills need to renegotiate this option bonus

$15.5M Option Bonus & $12M base salary fully guarantee on the 3rd league day of 2017 ($3.25M of 2018 salary guarantees for injury)

Hmm that is interesting. That has been updated in the last few days. So the whole of 2018 is not guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year in 2017.... only $3.25m does and only in the event of injury.

That means the dead cap hit of cutting him after 2017 is down from $25.5m to between $12.4m and $15.6m. Still too much for me to want to take it up as currently structured. They still need to renegotiate but it doesn't quite handcuff us as much as I initially thought.

Edited by GunnerBill

That is smart. Why would anyone challenge you?

Well, when asked about the Bills and their foibles year after year the patron saint of the Cult of Tyrod, St John the Delusional, and his converts will respond with "but, but, but, he's the best qb on the roster (that's debatable, isn't it)." They totally ignore the fact that this team has done nothing but fail at the QB position for the past 20 years. Listing QBs we've taken and comparing them to QBs we've passed on is a sickening exercise. Blow it the !@#$ up now.

COT patron saint StJtD

Pope Rex Jim Jones Ryan

jimjonesbigRounded.gif

Edited by Cripple Creek

I apologize for mentioning this name but he's looks like Rob Johnson..1st option covered and decides to scramble......They may have to move on and get Jones ready for next year...too bad because I like Taylor but there was no passing game yesterday

My two cents: I'm done with Tyrod.

Talk about the Defense all you want, but stringing all those 2nd half 3-and-outs together killed us and the D. 3 yards on 4 possessions! And no time off the clock, let alone points on the board. When he does happen to see a wide open guy, he misses him by 4 feet. He has happy feet in the pocket, and never delivers the ball in rhythm of the play. Donzo. We could get this same performance from a rookie for 1/10th the cost.

Talk about the Defense all you want, but stringing all those 2nd half 3-and-outs together killed us and the D. 3 yards on 4 possessions! And no time off the clock, let alone points on the board. When he does happen to see a wide open guy, he misses him by 4 feet. He has happy feet in the pocket, and never delivers the ball in rhythm of the play. Donzo. We could get this same performance from a rookie for 1/10th the cost.

::wub::

Well, they are beating the teams they should beat and losing to the teams they should lose to, with a couple exceptions in each direction. So in theory, they should finish 9-7 or 10-6, just about what everyone thought at the beginning of the season. pretty good season. not good enough, but pretty good. A Lynn gets to put his offense in next year and improve the pass game. Watkins, LIstenbee, Woods et al come back and we have a team. Keep TT bc there are no other options, unless you sink a year into EJ or Romo or someone and develop CJ (which by the way I am ok with). and draft a QB to add to the mix. Usual drill. Not sure what else to say.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

There is the same as him out there and forn1/3rd cap charge

Giving up 29 points in the 2nd half is not good.

Yeah and the irony is that the EXACT same people who are the most negative about Taylor are the EXACT same people who, after a pathetic Manuel performance (last year vs. Cincinnati is the best example), would sarcastically say stuff like "yeah that was awesome when EJ Manuel missed that tackle on AJ Green," etc.

I will say the same thing now that I did then about Manuel: I can evaluate both units separately. Just because the defense sucked vs. Cincinnati doesn't mean Manuel didn't also suck. Just because the defense utterly collapsed in the third quarter yesterday doesn't mean that Taylor didn't also collapse.

I will point out though, that in the Bills' last four losses, they have scored 25, 25, 25 and 24 points. And that includes exactly one garbage time score (against New England). As bad as Taylor LOOKS, he continues to be somewhat effective in the whole scoring points category. And again, I'm the one saying that picking up the option is now very much in question and would not be averse to moving on from him at this point.

Tyrod is a .500 quarterback. period.

He's actually above .500 (14-12) but OK.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Yup!