We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think Tyrod Taylor should be in the mix for QB next year, but we need to open the starting position to whoever we can get. Let Jones compete, lets a draft pick compete, let a free agent compete. No blind loyalty to TT, he has not earned it. Lets get the best QB possible and work from there. I am under no illusions that TT is the answer, or that we could get a franchise QB from free agency. What do we have in Jones? We should draft a QB in the draft, 1st or 2nd round and see what we have.

Rebuild the D, find good coaching and conditioning, continue to look for a QB.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not!

As bad as the Bills were yesterday, they can play worse. Blow it up, you have to deal with 1 to 2 years of worse football before they get better.

Rex still hasn't been fired. Makes me believe that was a planted story to throw the Bills off their game. Fire everyone, it's the hacked conference call all over again.

People really need to be careful about running Tyrod out of town. I would not do it until we have someone here who is BETTER than Tyrod. Is Cardale a better NFL QB? I'd say no, not yet. Get rid of EJ in the offseason and let Cardale see what he can do in the summer 2017 to make it a competition.

People really need to be careful about running Tyrod out of town. I would not do it until we have someone here who is BETTER than Tyrod. Is Cardale a better NFL QB? I'd say no, not yet. Get rid of EJ in the offseason and let Cardale see what he can do in the summer 2017 to make it a competition.

Why? Why win 6-8 games a year with no playoff chances and no chance at highly touted QB prospects?

Why how good is he really, the 32nd passing offense in the league.

Why? Why win 6-8 games a year with no playoff chances and no chance at highly touted QB prospects?

Agree not to mention married to the guy that isn't good enough for a couple years because you pick up the option.

I don't believe in tanking in the NFL. Too hard to rebuild. The Bills can still draft a QB or two in 2017. I don't have a problem with that. Heck, bring in Chad Kelly. Then we can have a QB who throws risky passes down the middle of the field all day. Bills fans will love it...

I don't believe in tanking in the NFL. Too hard to rebuild. The Bills can still draft a QB or two in 2017. I don't have a problem with that. Heck, bring in Chad Kelly. Then we can have a QB who throws risky passes down the middle of the field all day. Bills fans will love it...

The difference of between a 6-10 finish and a 9-7 finish is a big deal in draft value. In each round of the draft you will lose 6 to 10 or so spots of draft position, often folks just think of the first round position.

If you lose out and pick 8th instead of win out and 17th that difference in the 1st round alone is huge...you could trade down from 8 to 17 and acquire multiple picks...but since when does Whaley trade down! Your right just win out and trade up for the media darling of the draft, maybe we can take Woodhead in the 1st round...

passer rating in game

big ben - 37.8

TT - 100.1

Yep. TT's passer rating has consistently run well above how most experts and well-informed fans evaluate his performance. It is almost as if someone created a QB Bot designed to maximize passer rating without reference to anything else. I'm usually a fan of the traditional rating system because it tends to quantify what my eyes tell me about QB effectiveness or lack thereof. But TT is an outlier.

Right, because it is soooo difficult to replace 70 yards passing through 3 quarters on what now seems to be a consistent basis.

Tyrod has been figured out by other coaches and his future as anything more than a backup doesn't look very bright at all.

Our offense is tied to Shady and the home run pass; other than that it is a quick 3 and out with wide open players over the entire field our QB won't throw the ball to. Even with our trash QBs (noodle-armed Fitz, Holcomb, Trentaive, JP, etc) we had the same type of record. Replacing TT with another one of them will generate the same result and they come at a fraction of the price. Spend the money on WRs since Sammy is the only one under contract next season, an RT and a CB/S. Draft QBs the next couple years and move up if you have to grab one.

Too many things on this team dont work

You cant lack the ability to score points in bunches AND have a crappy defense at the same time

Don't forget our offenses unique ability to quickly go 3 and out and pout the same crappy D back on the field to make the hole even deeper to climb out of...

Yep. TT's passer rating has consistently run well above how most experts and well-informed fans evaluate his performance. It is almost as if someone created a QB Bot designed to maximize passer rating without reference to anything else. I'm usually a fan of the traditional rating system because it tends to quantify what my eyes tell me about QB effectiveness or lack thereof. But TT is an outlier.

I cringe every time someone tries to prop up TT by pointing out his rating.

You're just fooling yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He was great today, against a team in the is currently in a playoff position. He led us back down 14 in the 4th to take the lead and coaching lost it for him.