We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I've been fine with the option not because I think TT is great but I don't like the other options. I think that he's an okay NFL starter and as sad as it sounds, that's hard to find.

The offense is really moving the ball at the moment. 589 yards and 31 points against a red hot Miami team is nothing to sneeze at. I have no idea what's happened to the defense. They are just getting shredded and are in disarray. Hopefully that can be fixed.

Agree with all of that. I don't think people realize just how good Watkins is or how valuable he is and what a difference he makes. He's not even healthy and he dominates. If he is healthy this team and this season and this quarterback looks completely different.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Cardale won't be ready, EJ won't be here, free agents look so-so. Not seeing a better choice right now. The offensive nucleus will be here next year and we either keep or replace woods and Goodwin. All we have to do is fix the holes on defense and we are still ready to make a run. Theoretically of course.

Keep Woods and get a WR in the draft and make a run at Victor Cruz. Goodwin has had more than enough chances

I don't know the alternative. Its a tough call. TT is likely good enough, if he is with a complete team, to help the Bills to the playoffs.

The issue becomes,"at what cost?" At his current salary, yeah, Id take him until someone better comes along. But with his pay hike it becomes even more difficult to field a complete team. Suddenly you can't afford everybody else. The QB has to be able to make up for other team deficiencies in that case.

Can TT do that? I haven't seen it on anywhere near a consistent basis yet. That being said, I don't have the answer to who else they could get who could do just as well for cheaper.

Good point. But, Taylor will get paid and get a job somewhere. I would hate to see him finally find his consistency in another uniform while we trot out Jay Cutler or Bryan Hoyer, etc who don't even offer the legs Tyrod lends to an offense. To me, if they let Tyrod go next season they should play Cardale or a rookie. Build up the rest of the team. Which means, for those who hate ground and pound, most likely an extension of that philosophy to keep mistakes at a minimum. Well, we already have that with a QB who could improve his consistency.

Edited by purple haze

Agree with all of that. I don't think people realize just how good Watkins is or how valuable he is and what a difference he makes. He's not even healthy and he dominates. If he is healthy this team and this season and this quarterback looks completely different.

Also many fans don't realize what TT does for the running game with the read option threat

Watkins is a straight beast. McCoy too. If Watkins was healthy enough to be himself Tyrod would probably have looked a lot better. But that D was so incompetent at points we probably, as a team, would have seen a lot of games like today. Big offensive production in a high scoring loss. But they would have been more entertaining for sure.

Agreed. Cardale won't be ready, EJ won't be here, free agents look so-so. Not seeing a better choice right now. The offensive nucleus will be here next year and we either keep or replace woods and Goodwin. All we have to do is fix the holes on defense and we are still ready to make a run. Theoretically of course.

Got to draft one. Need to buy another lottery ticket because I'm not convinced that the long-term answer is on the roster.

Replacing Goodwin is a must. Permit me to use an analogy on his ball tracking skills - he couldn't find his colon if his head was stuck up his arse :)

Also many fans don't realize what TT does for the running game with the read option threat

Yep. It's an enormous difference every single time that McCoy or Gillislee carries the ball. Every single play the defense is worried about Tyrod running it, or faking to Shady or Mike and running it himself, and that less than 100% devotion to stopping the running BACK that basically 31 teams have to do and not running GAME that only teams playing the Bills have to do, is an enormous advantage.

Now, granted, playing Cam and the Panthers and even Kaep and the 49ers has an element of that in it, but it's nowhere near what the Bills do with Tyrod.

If you cannot see what Tyrod adds to the run game, which is enormous, you have no argument criticizing his pass game. It's a critical factor in his play.

Got to draft one. Need to buy another lottery ticket because I'm not convinced that the long-term answer is on the roster.

Replacing Goodwin is a must. Permit me to use an analogy on his ball tracking skills - he couldn't find his colon if his head was stuck up his arse :)

I thought Goodwin improved a lot this year.

Yep. It's an enormous difference every single time that McCoy or Gillislee carries the ball. Every single play the defense is worried about Tyrod running it, or faking to Shady or Mike and running it himself, and that less than 100% devotion to stopping the running BACK that basically 31 teams have to do and not running GAME that only teams playing the Bills have to do, is an enormous advantage.

Now, granted, playing Cam and the Panthers and even Kaep and the 49ers has an element of that in it, but it's nowhere near what the Bills do with Tyrod.

If you cannot see what Tyrod adds to the run game, which is enormous, you have no argument criticizing his pass game. It's a critical factor in his play.

yep! I think he'll be back here for sure as well. They'd be fools to let him go. Rex on the other hand...

I thought Goodwin improved a lot this year.

In certain areas, he has. His spatial awareness seems to be better, he actually makes sideline catches nicely.

I'm just wanting that speed to lift the top off and he really struggles unless he's hit perfectly in stride. I can find a possession receiver in the draft for peanuts. Maybe keeping Tyrod and giving him John Ross isn't the worst idea, that kid is baby DeSean Jackson.

I got through 20 responses and cringed. What did Tyrod do to grant getting 30 million guaranteed next year. yes, that to me was his best game and he lost! Are you people crazy or just so use to losing this seems BETTER. I feel sorry for you and I if settling is all we got. Lets disagree but not on a middle road. Lets disagree whether Rex, Tyrod, DC OC SP, GM are the issue. If we settle, next year we will be doing the same thing looking at 18 years and somehow a game or 2 will be why we disagree. The fact is Rex and Taylor had Raiders, Pittsburg and Miami too do something different and win with Miami looking like a sure thing 5 minutes left. What happen is typical, refs, trick plays, communication, etc.. Bottom line is they failed to win. ENOUGH!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

In certain areas, he has. His spatial awareness seems to be better, he actually makes sideline catches nicely.

I'm just wanting that speed to lift the top off and he really struggles unless he's hit perfectly in stride. I can find a possession receiver in the draft for peanuts. Maybe keeping Tyrod and giving him John Ross isn't the worst idea, that kid is baby DeSean Jackson.

Sure. But Goodwin's speed is world class and we have to make sure we have a guy to take his spot if we choose to let him go. I feel like he won't be too expensive though.

I got through 20 responses and cringed. What did Tyrod do to grant getting 30 million guaranteed next year. yes, that to me was his best game and he lost! Are you people crazy or just so use to losing this seems BETTER. I feel sorry for you and I if settling is all we got. Lets disagree but not on a middle road. Lets disagree whether Rex, Tyrod, DC OC SP, GM are the issue. If we settle, next year we will be doing the same thing looking at 18 years and somehow a game or 2 will be why we disagree. The fact is Rex and Taylor had Raiders, Pittsburg and Miami too do something different and win with Miami looking like a sure thing 5 minutes left. What happen is typical, refs, trick plays, communication, etc.. Bottom line is they failed to win. ENOUGH!

15.5 Mil cap figure next year - 20th in the league - the guaranteed $ is nearly meaningless with the owner we have.

What is your preferred plan?

Sure. But Goodwin's speed is world class and we have to make sure we have a guy to take his spot if we choose to let him go. I feel like he won't be too expensive though.

He won't be expensive, but Listenbee is that guy. He also has abnormal speed. And he should be healthy.

Edited by purple haze

15.5 Mil cap figure next year - 20th in the league - the guaranteed $ is nearly meaningless with the owner we have.

Yeah sure meaningless. So if he continues to regress you are married to him past next year because of that meaningless guaranteed money

Goodwin was a decent #3 or #4 the whole year, which is what he is. If you ask him to be a #1 or #2, which we had to do a few times, he has no chance to succeed. He's a niche or cog player. We could do worse.