We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of reasons. Shady is great. Gillislee is a tremendous backup. Glenn, Incognito and Wood until he was hurt are good. Kromer is one of the best OL coaches in the game. Tyrod is also a substantial part, not even counting his yards. Our line is not as good as it appears to be at times because of Tyrod. I would argue that excellent franchise QBs, like Flacco and Eli and Rivers, amongst others, would look terrible on our offense without Watkins. It's unknowable but I'm fairly certain that would be true. They would be crushed.

Yeah because those guys need 5 seconds to throw and cannot get the ball out on time like tyrod too but dont have the legs to make up for it.

Alot of the pressure brought on Tyrod is his own fault.

Never said that.

Well thats the major argument i see from the COT is that our run game would drop off is he wasnt the QB so therefor we cant look elsewhere.

Were i argue our Run game could help a young QB ala Dallas and Dak, but the COT doesnt want to hear that?

As bad as TT has looked as a passer hiw much worse would he be away from this Run Game

But hey one game against the Fins in week 16 (lost anyway) makes everything OK pick the option up.

Edited by MAJBobby

Yeah because those guys need 5 seconds to throw and cannot get the ball out on time like tyrod too but dont have the legs to make up for it.

Well thats the major argument i see from the COT is that our run game would drop off is he wasnt the QB so therefor we cant look elsewhere.

Were i argue our Run game could help a young QB ala Dallas and Dak, but the COT doesnt want to hear that?

As bad as TT has looked as a passer hiw much worse would he be away from this Run Game

It would drop off substantially but probably not to middle of the pack. The Dallas OL is WAY different than the Bills OL. The Bills OL is very good for the most part at runblocking and sucks at pass blocking. The Dallas OL is excellent at both. It's not even close. Prescott has all day to throw in Dallas games. He wouldn't be nearly as good on the Bills. He stands back there and looks all over the field and then decides to throw an 8 yard pass. His experience after the snap is way different than Tyrod's.

it was nice to see TT hit Clay finally but still is missing throws and that big throw to Sammy late in the game would have never happened if he didn't totally burn that Corner. Watching TT not see him WIDE OPEN was exasperating and then we he did throw it Sammy got all turned around and was caught instead of being an easy touch down.

It would drop off substantially but probably not to middle of the pack. The Dallas OL is WAY different than the Bills OL. The Bills OL is very good for the most part at runblocking and sucks at pass blocking. The Dallas OL is excellent at both. It's not even close. Prescott has all day to throw in Dallas games. He wouldn't be nearly as good on the Bills. He stands back there and looks all over the field and then decides to throw an 8 yard pass. His experience after the snap is way different than Tyrod's.

Sucks at pass blocking really? Yet PFF grades them pretty high. Do i think they are as good as Dallas nope, likely a top 5-10 OL though even with Mills at RT.

So lose Tyrod maybe we drop to 3 overall running big deal if passing improves from dead last to say high 20s.

An elite RUN game has made TT look AVG at times. Imagine what this Run game could do for a rookie. That is the point it is not all Dallas OL it is Zeke as well thay helps Dak.

Why marry a guy for 2 or 3 years that regressed in a system that was Tailor made for him?

Get better or at least try and get better

Dont you think that was seriously missing today....

Preston Brown is not what we need

No Ragland is going to be a liability until he can prove me wrong i see a young Spikes and nothing more. A 2 doen thumper in a passing league.

Sucks at pass blocking really? Yet PFF grades them pretty high. Do i think they are as good as Dallas nope, likely a top 5-10 OL though even with Mills at RT.

So lose Tyrod maybe we drop to 3 overall running big deal if passing improves from dead last to say high 20s.

An elite RUN game has made TT look AVG at times. Imagine what this Run game could do for a rookie. That is the point it is not all Dallas OL it is Zeke as well thay helps Dak.

Why marry a guy for 2 or 3 years that regressed in a system that was Tailor made for him?

No Ragland is going to be a liability until he can prove me wrong i see a young Spikes and nothing more. A 2 doen thumper in a passing league.

Underrated in zone coverage....and a "tough guy" as a punisher and enforcer in the middle of the field

But....I cant prove that right now of course so we will have to see next year

Underrated in zone coverage....and a "tough guy" as a punisher and enforcer in the middle of the field

But....I cant prove that right now of course so we will have to see next year

Agree jury out but based off what i saw in college going to be a two down backer exposed in coverage

Its not gonna be popular with some on this board but I predict

RR gets canned

TT gets his option picked up

IMO at the end of the day when they evaluate all this they are gonna say that our O was 5th on scoring offense and our D was absolutely deplorable.....and will believe that if they can get THAT straightened out they will make the playoffs

Which leads me to believe that they will take the best available safety at their pick......draft a QB within the first 3 rounds.......and try to resign Gilmore.

One thing nobody is talking about....and justafiably so because he cant help us now....is Reggie Ragland....the best pure LB out of this last draft.....

Switch to a 4-3.....put Lawson at DE where he belongs...putting Marcel and Meatball at what they do best....find a way to keep Z. Brown

I can see both Rex being fired and Tyrod staying. Honestly, not the worst thing that could happen. In the grand scheme of accountability, I'd rather jettison the moron that promised playoffs and a dominant D than the guy that's diligently working to make things happen.

Big advocate of the 4-3. Hughes at RDE, Shaq at LDE (suits being that big base end). Zach at WLB, Reggie at MIke, Preston at SAM. Work out which LB comes out in nickel/dime (Reggie until proven otherwise). As I said earlier, Gilmore can walk, just promise me you rebuild the secondary in the image of the right lord reverend Gus Bradley. Get me a versatile FS (Jamal Adams is the wet dream).

I really am subscribing to the idea that Tyrod can be enough, even at $16m+ per year. As long as we keep digging for gold in the draft and aren't content with Tyrod at QB, I'm happy to procedd as is.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I can see both Rex being fired and Tyrod staying. Honestly, not the worst thing that could happen. In the grand scheme of accountability, I'd rather jettison the moron that promised playoffs and a dominant D than the guy that's diligently working to make things happen.

Big advocate of the 4-3. Hughes at RDE, Shaq at LDE (suits being that big base end). Zach at WLB, Reggie at MIke, Preston at SAM. Work out which LB comes out in nickel/dime (Reggie until proven otherwise). As I said earlier, Gilmore can walk, just promise me you rebuild the secondary in the image of the right lord reverend Gus Bradley. Get me a versatile FS (Jamal Adams is the wet dream).

I really am subscribing to the idea that Tyrod can be enough, even at $16m+ per year. As long as we keep digging for gold in the draft and aren't content with Tyrod at QB, I'm happy to procedd as is.

I'm with you guys on this. The D sounds better already. My son brought up Adams a half dozen times today, so he's on board there too! The offense did enough to win. Again. These game day decisions are infuriating! I hate to change already, but.....I hope the next guy isn't a blowhard! Edited by Augie

I'd bring everyone back on offense. How can you not?

Despite Lynn's cluster !@#$ of a call in OT.

I believe people can and should get better at what they do over time. Rex has had more than enough time to show what he is. I think Tyrod can continue to develop and win games. It would kill me to see that happen somewhere else. Doesn't mean we aren't still looking. As for Lynn, I wonder what it looks like when he's running his own stuff. I like what he's shown by way of improvement, but how different is it from what he'd prefer to do if he didn't inherit a system. I have no idea, but with a guy like Tyrod you have to work to your players strengths. (A concept Rex refused to adopt, but that's common to one trick ponies.)

Agreed.....this is where I am at as of today

who do you think you are? He's a liability until he proves YOU wrong. You think quite highly of yourself. The guy has never played an NFL snap, but you know already he's a liability. Unreal.

I'd bring everyone back on offense. How can you not?

What about weeks 1 through 14 ? Who wants that back ?

Why does everyone forget Tyrod pooping on himself vs Raiders and Steelers leaving us with 1% shot at playoffs ?

It wasn't that long ago, but everyone wants to be Johnny Niceguy.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Without Tyrod the running game changes dramatically.

My biggest fear was he'd get crushed multiple times and miss large chunks of the season. EJ time. I was wrong there, he was much smarter this year about protecting himself. I'm hoping next year he can find receivers more quickly on all parts of the field. People can and do get better. (Except, apparently, Rex.). :)

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I am back on board with Tyrod. The offense if good enough to win. I would try to re-sign Woods too. I don't want to start over right now. He just played the best game of his career and would have a 14 point, fourth quarter comeback win under his belt if it wasn't for the coaching. He did it in at the most crucial time, and against a team in a playoff position.

Two years ago we tore apart one of the best defenses in the league. Now we are about to tear apart one of the best scoring offenses in the league? It may not be pretty, but it is working on many levels and can get better. I think we all realized today that the biggest problem on this team is the head coach and his nostalgia about his father's defense.

Give Lynn the job and bring Tyrod back. The offense will be better and more consistent next year. We would be absolutely nuts to break it up. We have something here, it just has to be fine tuned. Bring in a defensive coordinator who isn't obsessed with running his defense and uses his players to the best of their abilities.

This team can go from 7-9/8-8 to 11-5/12-4 real quick. I now it seems unlikely but there is a lot of talent on this team and we saw it today. We have the weapons offense to be a a very good team. We haven't peaked yet and we should keep that unit together.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I am back on board with Tyrod. The offense if good enough to win. I would try to resign Woods too. I don't want to start over right now. He just played the best game of his career and would have a 14 point, fourth quarter comeback win under his belt if it wasn't for the coaching. He did it in at the most crucial time, and against a team in a playoff position.

Two years ago we tore apart one of the best defenses in the league. Now we are about to tear apart one of the best scoring offenses in the league. It may not be pretty, but it is working on many levels and can get better. I think we all realized today that the biggest problem on this team is the head coach and his nostalgia about his father's defense.

Give Lynn the job and bring Tyrod back. The offense will be better and more consistent next year. We would be absolutely nuts to break it up. We have something here, it just has to be fine tuned. Bring in a defensive coordinator who isn't obsessed with running his defense and uses his players to the best of their abilities.

This team can go from 7-9/8-8 to 11-5/12-4 real quick. I now it seems unlikely but there is a lot of talent on this team and we saw it today. We have the weapons offense to be a a very good team. We haven't peaked yet and we should keep that unit together.

Bolded part is not an appealing thought. But who knows..... Off-season is OUR time! :)

who do you think you are? He's a liability until he proves YOU wrong. You think quite highly of yourself. The guy has never played an NFL snap, but you know already he's a liability. Unreal.

I get it, my friend. Once we talk about nickel packages and beyond, Reggie has something of a black mark against his name. Pre-ACL, I thought he was a 3-down LB. Afterwards, it's up in the air.

It was an injury that raises questions about his long term 3-down longevity. Still adore Reggie but the recovery is key. Has to be clean.