We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based upon Tyrod's performance this year, makes EJ the better value dollar for dollar. I don't think our record would be any worse than it is now.

It's a good point. Tyrod really isn't any better than EJ. I see no reason the Bills could not have gone 6-6 to this point under EJ. Which makes it less important to bring TT back next year, especially at his higher cap number. Renegotiate with TT, if he won't drop his price, cut him loose, bring back EJ, draft a guy, and have a 3-way competition in training camp, hoping Cardale or the rookie step up.

Why would Tyrod do anything to the contract. Pressure on Bills pick up option or no. Tyrod isn't going to do anything with the contract

It depends whether there is a market for his services. If there are other teams willing to give him starting qb money, then you're right, but I think that's kinda unlikely, unless he turns over a new leaf in the last quarter of the season. If not, TT would be better off negotiating a cheaper deal with Buffalo, where he would at least have a chance to start.

I disagree 100%

OK Old School, name the FA QBs who can be had for less money (their contract + TT dead cap $$) and be better than TT, I'll wait right here

It's a good point. Tyrod really isn't any better than EJ. I see no reason the Bills could not have gone 6-6 to this point under EJ. Which makes it less important to bring TT back next year, especially at his higher cap number. Renegotiate with TT, if he won't drop his price, cut him loose, bring back EJ, draft a guy, and have a 3-way competition in training camp, hoping Cardale or the rookie step up.

It depends whether there is a market for his services. If there are other teams willing to give him starting qb money, then you're right, but I think that's kinda unlikely, unless he turns over a new leaf in the last quarter of the season. If not, TT would be better off negotiating a cheaper deal with Buffalo, where he would at least have a chance to start.

Agreed. It's not to say that EJ is any good, but pretty sure he can win half his games, which isn't a terribly high bar, especially since the rest of the organization seems to be built to get to 8-8

Why would Tyrod do anything to the contract. Pressure on Bills pick up option or no. Tyrod isn't going to do anything with the contract

Up till the last couple of weeks, I was saying the same thing.

But at this point most people are going to understand if Tyrod doesn't re-negotiate and the Bills don't pick up the option. On the free market, Tyrod wouldn't get more than about half that contract right now. Hell, the Bills could cut him and probably be the high bidders in FA for an awful lot less.

Why would Tyrod re-negotiate? Because he hasn't performed well enough to deserve the money and because next year Buffalo will likely be his best chance to start and be competitive.

Edited by Thurman#1

OK Old School, name the FA QBs who can be had for less money (their contract + TT dead cap $$) and be better than TT, I'll wait right here

Agreed. It's not to say that EJ is any good, but pretty sure he can win half his games, which isn't a terribly high bar, especially since the rest of the organization seems to be built to get to 8-8

TT's dead cap money if they let him go before March of this coming year would be around $2 mill. Whereas if they keep him till the beginning of the league year in 2018 they'd be guaranteeing him $40 mill.That's a difference of around $38 mill. Over two years ... assuming he could stay on the team over the 2018 season.

For that kind of money you might even get Romo at this point in his career with his injury history.

Hell, you could get Fitz for a lot less. His performance last year was a lot better than Tyrod's has been this year. Hell, it's not impossible that the Pats trade Garoppolo this offseason if they think Brady's going to last. Siemian/Lynch?

All this assumes that Tyrod doesn't greatly improve in the next four games. The best thing for the Bills would be if the light comes on for him. My guess at this point is that that's not going to happen. Siemian?

Edited by Thurman#1

Based upon Tyrod's performance this year, makes EJ the better value dollar for dollar. I don't think our record would be any worse than it is now.

I agree. We have the 32nd ranked passing game in the NFL. That is laughable. Our receivers are not great by any means, but they don't suck. Tyrod has absolutely no clue where to throw the ball on any given pass play. And his pouty B word attitude stinks. He will be exposed again on Sunday against Pittsburgh because the Steelers offense will be marching up and down the field, and we will have to match them They will line up 8 in the box to key on Shady, and we will have to throw up the field to have any chance of moving the ball consistently. TT will not be able to do that, and we will probably lose by at least 17 to 21 points. After the game with a 6-7 record, Rex will have no answer as to the demise of his team. Being out of the playoff race, he will have to do something, and hopefully will turn to EJ or Cardale. Hopefully, one of them will provide some hope for next season. I would go into next year w Cardale and possibly EJ, if he wants to resign w a modest two year deal, and a chance to start if he can up his game. Bring in a high draft pick and a veteran (Matt Moore type) and let them all compete.

We have seen what TT brings to the table, and it certainly is not good enuf. He is not worth any of his future contract. ZERO. We need to cut ties after the season. Heck another bad game, and he can walk on Monday. And if we perform as we did in the second half against Oakland and like the first half of the Jacksonville game, Rex and his brother can walk on Monday also. Because we will lose like the Jets against the Colts on Monday nite.

We are not going anywhere with Tyrod and Rex. I think everyone on this board knows or should know that. So the sooner we move on from this mess the better. There is no accountability on this team. Gilmore sleep walking thru the season is a perfect example. The second half collapse in all phases never happens to good teams. Coaches and players do NOT ALLOW it to happen.

Keep what is good on the team (Shady, Gillislee, Glenn, Incognito, Sammy, Woods on offense. And Marcel and Lawson on defense for sure) And make everyone else earn a spot next year. Of course a lot of the other guys who are on the team will stay. You can't turn over 80% of the team. But at least half the roster is marginal at best. Make the rest of them earn a spot, and get rid of a lot of them. Guys like Corey Graham. He plays hard, but is not athletic enuf to be starting. Corey White-should not be on an NFL roster. Too many marginal guys. Time to gut a lot of the roster and the coaching staff.

If you all think I am too harsh, watch the good teams and the talent on their rosters. A whole lot better then the Bills at a lot of key positions. And a lot of teams play a whole lot harder then we do.

You need help understanding the game and maybe you would see a little better. Or need glasses (not rose colored ones)

Goodwin was open when TT hit the top of the drop. Granted he was NFL open and not Colllege open. Maybe should stick to watching college ball

You are right he wasn't college open. Needs to be college open or outside the numbers to get Ball thrown from TT

Put him at that price or cap hit and willing to give him another year.

So you are on a basically 24x7 crusade telling us how much Tyrod sucks and he will never win with this team and needs to be replaced but will give him another year if he comes cheaper. Can you please rationalize that logic??? If he is not good enough for the team to win with does it matter the price he plays for??

Exhibit A of why the Bills struggle to sustain offense with Taylor at the helm. Instead of getting the ball out on time with the structure of the offense, he'll improv with results where he sometimes pulls it off and other times not so much..

@Andy_Benoit

#Bills #Raiders Film: first play was Taylor in nutshell: Watkins open for anticipation throw on slant vs. predicted Cover 3....

cont.... Taylor pulls ball down and moves out of clean pocket and then finds Watkins late in the down out of structure.

The bottom line is this

If the bills decide not to pick up that option and tell TT they want to renegotiate it......they better be prepared to get another QB because anything could happen.

Personally....at the end of the day I think he is going to play well down the stretch and they are going to pick up the contract.

jmo

The bottom line is this

If the bills decide not to pick up that option and tell TT they want to renegotiate it......they better be prepared to get another QB because anything could happen.

Personally....at the end of the day I think he is going to play well down the stretch and they are going to pick up the contract.

jmo

I certainly hope so. What leads you to that conclusion?

@Andy_Benoit

#Raiders Film: in addition to Cover 2, main coverage vs. #Bills was man-to-man. Bills tactically easy to defend out of man.

Film: overall #Bills passing concepts did not work consistently enough against #Raiders coverages. Guys weren’t always getting open.

#Bills #Raiders Film: this was not close to Taylor’s worst game; he was not the problem. Offense was out-executed around him in 2nd half.

This gets said a lot after games.....but the fact remains that TT's production is down from last year (this of course coming from a TT supporter)

Guys just need to make plays....TT needs to find his connection with Sammy again......

And the D....which is what we were sold on with Rex from the beginning......needs to step up and do their job.