We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because that leaves you more money to improve at some other position(s)? I mean, what's hard to follow?

That anyone who's not OK with Taylor and his shortcomings doesn't appreciate that those shortcomings are still there regardless what he's paid.

"Sure, Taylor sucks, but it's OK that he sucks because we are only paying $8m."

Freeing up cap money is nice, but it won't help Tyrod Taylor be a better QB. The most important position in sports remain unimproved at any price.

You need help understanding the game and maybe you would see a little better. Or need glasses (not rose colored ones)

Goodwin was open when TT hit the top of the drop. Granted he was NFL open and not Colllege open. Maybe should stick to watching college ball

You are right he wasn't college open. Needs to be college open or outside the numbers to get Ball thrown from TT

Put him at that price or cap hit and willing to give him another year.

Do you think he will improve? Honestly?

Exhibit A of why the Bills struggle to sustain offense with Taylor at the helm. Instead of getting the ball out on time with the structure of the offense, he'll improv with results where he sometimes pulls it off and other times not so much..

@Andy_Benoit

#Bills #Raiders Film: first play was Taylor in nutshell: Watkins open for anticipation throw on slant vs. predicted Cover 3....

cont.... Taylor pulls ball down and moves out of clean pocket and then finds Watkins late in the down out of structure.

It's maddening. I can hear the film room when I see this crap.

OK.....how about home games and easier teams?

What are the two teams this year where we have truly been blown out?

Patriots

Raiders

Thats it....every other game has been competative (even in the jets and fins games we were scoring points and lost by single digits)

We were truly blown out by the Jets in week 2. The final score was not a true reflection on how bad we were. TT's two long passes didn't fool me. He played poorly in that game.

So you are on a basically 24x7 crusade telling us how much Tyrod sucks and he will never win with this team and needs to be replaced but will give him another year if he comes cheaper. Can you please rationalize that logic??? If he is not good enough for the team to win with does it matter the price he plays for??

Maybe you should read all my posts. It is about value on the contract. If Tyrod was at around an 8M cap hit then there is less to complain value wise about it.

I am saying I can get his play (production) at half the cost and I am ok with that until I get my long term answer. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp for you.

OK Old School, name the FA QBs who can be had for less money (their contract + TT dead cap $$) and be better than TT, I'll wait right here

Agreed. It's not to say that EJ is any good, but pretty sure he can win half his games, which isn't a terribly high bar, especially since the rest of the organization seems to be built to get to 8-8

We won half the games EJ started in 2014 whene was the starter.

Maybe you should read all my posts. It is about value on the contract. If Tyrod was at around an 8M cap hit then there is less to complain value wise about it.

I am saying I can get his play (production) at half the cost and I am ok with that until I get my long term answer. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp for you.

. What I can't grasp is your nearly 24x7 bloviating that he is the reason we are not a playoff team. Obviously you think he is good enough at the right price. You obviously don't find it absurd like I do that you waste the time and energy to bash a guy around the clock yet for a few million less he is good to go. He is either Good enough to take this team to the playoffs or NOT at whatever salary he is paid.

Not good enough is not good enough.

At any price.

Especially, ESPECIALLY at QB. The idea that his inability to find receivers, hesitancy to throw over the middle, and proclivity to run into sacks is any more tolerable at a cheaper price is weak.

A guy can play or he can't, the concept of "value" is thrown out the window.

Edited by K-9

If,if, if the jury is still out on TT at season end the Bills can simply decline the option, which ends the contract, then compete with Jets, et al for his services. THAT would be fun to watch, as if his upside is still unclear will anyone else be paying him what the Bills are on the hook for if they did pick up the option? It's a risky game of chicken , but hey, no way they end up with a bill bigger than the one they face now, could they? If all works out well, Bills get him back at less cost than the current deal, even if they like him and want him back. That may be how this baby works out. If it all goes to sh-t , then they draft another QB and go with EJ and CJ. Could be worse. I think.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

At any price.

Especially, ESPECIALLY at QB. The idea that his inability to find receivers, hesitancy to throw over the middle, and proclivity to run into sacks is any more tolerable at a cheaper price is weak.

seems too simple !!

you might want to check those numbers again K-9 :beer:

I am fine watching the season play out. If he does not have a fire lit under his patooty by now he never will.

The Steelers game is suddenly interesting to me after the presser and he became flushed.

Close you eyes and Let it rip kid. Hang in the pocket and throw it to the spot before the REC breaks. F' it !!

all the marbles Tyrod

If,if, if the jury is still out on TT at season end the Bills can simply decline the option, which ends the contract, then compete with Jets, et al for his services. THAT would be fun to watch, as if his upside is still unclear will anyone else be paying him what the Bills are on the hook for if they did pick up the option? It's a risky game of chicken , but hey, they couldn't possibly end up with a bill bigger than the one they face now, could they? If all works out well, Bills get him back at less cost than the current deal. That may be how this baby works out. If it all goes to sh-t , then they draft another QB and go with EJ and CJ. Could be worse. I think.

Draft one regardless.

BTW this just in. There will ALWAYs be some HC who thinks he can mold a player better than the previous HC and staff.

i will hold the phone till the season ends for my opinion on any and everything Bills

seems too simple !!

you might want to check those numbers again K-9 :beer:

I am fine watching the season play out. If he does not have a fire lit under his patooty by now he never will.

The Steelers game is suddenly interesting to me after the presser and he became flushed.

Close you eyes and Let it rip kid. Hang in the pocket and throw it to the spot before the REC breaks. F' it !!

all the marbles Tyrod

Draft one regardless.

BTW this just in. There will ALWAYs be some HC who thinks he can mold a player better than the previous HC and staff.

i will hold the phone till the season ends for my opinion on any and everything Bills

It's not about "numbers", it's about ability. You can't be disgusted with his ability at X and OK with it at less than X; it's the same ability.

"Value" is largely a media construct and a totally arbitrary concept.

. What I can't grasp is your nearly 24x7 bloviating that he is the reason we are not a playoff team. Obviously you think he is good enough at the right price. You obviously don't find it absurd like I do that you waste the time and energy to bash a guy around the clock yet for a few million less he is good to go. He is either Good enough to take this team to the playoffs or NOT at whatever salary he is paid.

Money saved seems to be more important to him. If Taylor takes a pay cut he's ok with the losing. Me? Not so much.

At any price.

Agreed...

It's such huge money and implication on the cap...

If TT had shown me just a little ability late in games when we needed a score over these 26 games...If he showed me command of the hurry up and just a little ability to throw receivers open I would definitely pause...But I don't see it in him...I see an excellent scrambling QB who is slow to process and literally the opposite of clutch...The bigger the moment, the more he wilts...I think he is what he is...He'll get most teams to somewhere around .500...If everything is perfect around him I think he can get you to the Playoffs...But everything has to be PERFECT...

The way I see it Tyrod has already had all the opportunities he needed to earn that option...Seattle and Oakland alone would have the Bills in a great position to make the Playoffs right now...They lost the Baltimore, Miami, and Jets games by a combined 15 points...He's had all the opportunity in the world to be the star...He did not get it done...And I don't see any logic in rewarding him when we have no idea if he'll ever take the next...and most necessary step... B-)

very fair analysis....

i'll just say it again....i'm all for upgrading the QB position.....i'm operating under a bird in the hand is worth five in the bush. don't get rid of TT until that better QB is on team. there are 10-15 other teams looking for better QB play........if EJ or Cardale started every game on this years team we'd be 2-10 instead of 6-6. if our defense was Top 10, we'd be 9-3 instead of 6-6.

Yeah, there's no way EJ or Jones could have put up 150 yards passing. No way.

Money saved seems to be more important to him. If Taylor takes a pay cut he's ok with the losing. Me? Not so much.

It, for me at least, is more that I think at $8m I think he is the best value caretaker we are going to get. It doesn't stop me investigating all other options to get better at the position.

At $16m I simply think there are better value caretakers.

It, for me at least, is more that I think at $8m I think he is the best value caretaker we are going to get. It doesn't stop me investigating all other options to get better at the position.

At $16m I simply think there are better value caretakers.

I think there is logic in that take...

I just doubt Tyrod and his agent will agree...Fitz got $12 mil with the chance to bump that to $15 mil...I think if it's a re-do, one year thing, TT's agent will want at least that...And I'm guessing the Jets figure that $12 mil was better spent elsewhere now... B-)

I think there is logic in that take...

I just doubt Tyrod and his agent will agree...Fitz got $12 mil with the chance to bump that to $15 mil...I think if it's a re-do, one year thing, TT's agent will want at least that...And I'm guessing the Jets figure that $12 mil was better spent elsewhere now... B-)

Sure. And in those circumstances I just let him go.