We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

That was Tyrod's best game as a pro. We still lost and as it turned out, it was too little, too late. The story of his career.

I imagine we'll keep him next year and scratch our heads throughout the season as he sleepwalks through game after game.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you objectively get this 25% figure from. When its all said and done hes going to finish in the top 15 in scoring for QBs and leads an offense that is top 10 in the NFL in scoring. 2 yrs in a row.

The 25% I saw someone post and used it as an example. And let's be real, he's not "leading" the offense. The running game is leading the offense, not our QB.

The 25% I saw someone post and used it as an example. And let's be real, he's not "leading" the offense. The running game is leading the offense, not our QB.

So you're a parrot? Top half in NFL in scoring for QBs and Offense is top 10 in scoring again 2 yrs in a row. With 2 different coordinators.

Show me the alternative

That is all im asking

I'm not sure I have it. And that's a fair statement. I just don't quite follow the logic people have about putting your cap in rougher shape by picking up his extension just because there isn't a true alternative yet.

Show me the alternative

That is all im asking

I don't know the alternative. Its a tough call. TT is likely good enough, if he is with a complete team, to help the Bills to the playoffs.

The issue becomes,"at what cost?" At his current salary, yeah, Id take him until someone better comes along. But with his pay hike it becomes even more difficult to field a complete team. Suddenly you can't afford everybody else. The QB has to be able to make up for other team deficiencies in that case.

Can TT do that? I haven't seen it on anywhere near a consistent basis yet. That being said, I don't have the answer to who else they could get who could do just as well for cheaper.

I don't know the alternative. Its a tough call. TT is likely good enough, if he is with a complete team, to help the Bills to the playoffs.

The issue becomes,"at what cost?" At his current salary, yeah, Id take him until someone better comes along. But with his pay hike it becomes even more difficult to field a complete team. Suddenly you can't afford everybody else. The QB has to be able to make up for other team deficiencies in that case.

Can TT do that? I haven't seen it on anywhere near a consistent basis yet. That being said, I don't have the answer to who else they could get who could do just as well for cheaper.

And that is a fair take to be honest

Im trying to look at this the way the bills will look at this.....against tough teams this year Tyrod has performed well (not all of them...but enough)

Whaley may easily say that if the D had been able to stop ANYBODY this year we get to 10 wins

If we got that Tyrod and the Seattle Tyrod every week the option is a non brainer.

We don't and so it remainds a close call for me. I stay 60/40 against.

2 points: Will he renegotiate and do the Bills have a better option.

The offense , when healthy, showed what they can do today. It would be a huge risk to let him go.