We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Wining is a team stat not a QB stat so if your QB still looks like a HS QB and you in in spite of him you can absolutely get rid of him and should get rid of him.

Baltimore Ravens cut their QB after winning the SB because they didn't think he was good enough. How did that work out?

If the Bills continue to score the PPG they got going I'm ok with Tyrod. They can run the double Wing T for all I care. But this Defense is Terrible fix that first. Tyrod not the problem

I'm onboard with this. Our D is terrible. If our D could hold teams to 20 Wed be kickin' some serious you know what. Hotrod has his problems too, but the defense problem is worse.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If u fire Rex, fire Whaley and Brandon too. Overdorf. Every remnant of the old regime.

Let the new people decide on tyrod. They'll probably get rid of him too

If the new people don't already know Tyrod isn't the answer they aren't the right people.

And yes, it's time to sweep away the last remnants of the old republic.

Baltimore Ravens cut their QB after winning the SB because they didn't think he was good enough. How did that work out?

I'm onboard with this. Our D is terrible. If our D could hold teams to 20 Wed be kickin' some serious you know what. Hotrod has his problems too, but the defense problem is worse.

They actually got another QB and won another SB.

The issue I have with posts like this (and there are lots) is that people seem to believe there is one magical "THE problem."

The Bills have lots of problems. Yes, D is one of them. Its been a major factor in the Bills struggles this year. But the D being a problem doesn't prevent TT from being one too. They are not mutually exclusive.

I have not been happy with TT's play this season but I'd actually be okay with giving him one more year to see how he does with a healthy WR corps around him. The problem is they can't just give him one more year, they have to make a decision that negatively impacts their cap in a significant way for 3 seasons.

Has anybody seen enough from TT to justify a 3 year cap commitment? Hell, I'd rather slap the franchise tag on him and overpay him for one season that kill the cap for 3.

Agreed...

And even if they were to decide to fix the Defense first, would anyone in their right mind leave that up to Rex? Seeing as though he did so well destroying our top 5 Defense already...

IMHO Rex and TT have to go...There are no guarantees...There will likely be suffering...But when it's obvious what you're trying to do is not working then you have to try something else... B-)

$27.5 million will be paid to him if we keep him. That amount is paid to decent STARTING QBs in the league. He is NOT. Great back-up, but no STARTER. Unfortunately he is not nor will be our answer to get back to the playoff promise land. Cut him, fire Rex and crew along with or GM. Painful but we have to get back to a point to build on. Currently we have no studs besides McCoy and maybe Watkins (when healthy)

I'd gladly keep Taylor if he won the Super Bowl. Have to make the playoffs to get there, and he won't . Time to move on .

The original premise was if we went 10-6 in which case we probably make the playoffs. Not what we have now.

But really, the Bills have 3 more games and 3 more months after that to decide.

Agreed that Tyrod might not be the long term answer, but the fact is that this team is 9th in points per game in 2016 and leads the league in every major rushing category. Whether you like him or not, Tyrod has had this team as a top 10 offense since he took over the quarterback position. How many of us would have complained about that 2 or 3 years ago?

The issue is that the defense (and Rex) has let this team down each of the last 2 years. And no, Tyrod isn't a perfect QB, but he has certainly held up his end of the bargain and produced despite lacking any real threats in the passing game this year. If you think putting Bryan Hoyer on this team in 2016 would have resulted any better , you're fooling yourself.

McCoy has the team at top 10, the rest are compliments.

So you are saying Whaley !@#$ed up yet againon this contract?

No I think it was an excellent contract. The way you have to see this year is basically as a half price franchise tag year. If he was good the Bills had him locked in at low end starter numbers for his best years. If he sucked we could walk away.

I think it was a very clever contract so long as we now do the walking away.

Edited by GunnerBill

Years later after several lackluster years with Elvis Gerbeck and Kyle Bowler. Coach Billick lost his job.

So they won a SB, rebuilt and won another and yet here we still are

passer rating in game

big ben - 37.8

TT - 100.1

BB - win (made throws when needed too)

TT - lost in a game were defense got you 3 TO you did nothing.

If u fire Rex, fire Whaley and Brandon too. Overdorf. Every remnant of the old regime.

Let the new people decide on tyrod. They'll probably get rid of him too

Definitely. Just entirely clear house, it's time. Everyone has had their chance to prove that this could work.

Eli Manning has thrown for under 200 yards in three straight games. Giants have won 2 of them.

That's great and I'm sure that's how most teams would prefer to do it. However, when things don't go according to plan Eli and co. have the ability to go to plan B and start chucking the ball around the field. Teams with good QBs (and I use that term very loosely with regards to Eli) will get a few wins a season doing that and voila, an 8 win season turns into a 10-11 win season.

If they do pick up the option on Taylor it needs to be a restructured performance based contract so that if he plays like he is he gets paid that way if he plays better then he gets paid better simple as that so that way he has no one but him self to blame if he continues to suck .

I believe there are better QB prospects sitting on the bench around the NFL & they could be had because Whaley is a wheeler dealer & he could get some one with a better upside for less money if he went after them ...

But Taylor is Rex's guy & he's going to go down with the ship like he did with Sanchez because Rex is such a great QB evaluator !!