Not too nice of an article on Tyrod Taylor

Tipster19

6 years in the league little to no improvement from his college game. Tyrod is at his ceiling and that ceiling is not good enough.

Pull the bandaid off in the offseason and not pick up that option and continue looking for a QB that is good enoug they will be out there.

Unfortunately Bills will continue to play scared, keep Rex, keep Tyrod preach continuity and go into 2017 with no fix just the same tired bandaid

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I agree with it. I saw 2 times where Clay was wide open against Cincy, 1 of them would have been for an easy TD. I was pretty frustrated when it happened, Taylor didn't look at him but at least this article offers an explanation on what's been going on between Taylor and Clay. I have had Clay more times than not this year in fantasy football and after every game that I played him I would come away bewildered why he wasn't targeted more than he was. The few times Taylor has thrown to him seemed a lot of those passes were at the line of scrimmage for little to no gain at all. I do believe that Taylor really is a chicken, or at least not talented enough to look the whole field over. I'm starting to think that he's not a potential franchise QB after all.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/25/jaguars-game-seems-like-another-great-chance-charles-clay-tyrod-taylor-reconnect/

Without clicking the link I'm going to guess it's a Bucky or Sully article.

Yup. Needs to improve. But just sayin'.

would love to see the Seattle version of Taylor 12 times a year but the consistencty just isn't there and is puzzling

Or anyone that watches football. Edited by Ryan L Billz

What do you think youre gonna do by not clicking it? Get them fired?

Its Nick Veronica. And its just saying, with all our reciever hurt why isnt Tyrod utilizing Clay, he should be. Clay gets open.

As long as Rex is coach and Tyrod is healthy, Tyrod with start. The only way we see change, barring injury to TT which I do not want to see, is if Tyrod and Rex both go down together.

I am convinced at this point that the Bills will miss the playoffs but that the Pegulas will keep Rex and Tyrod. We are doomed to mediocrity for at least one more season. If Rex/Tyrod manage to get them to a one-and-out playoff game, we are doomed to Rex as coach and Tyrod as QB for at least two and probably three more seasons, no matter how bad they play.

For the first time in thirty years, I am making no effort to watch the Bills games every Sunday. I still care for and follow the team, but I see no chance of a title or even a deep playoff run with the current coaching regime. Rex is a mediocre coach. He's entertaining, he knows a few things, but he is inflexible and limited. His teams will always take at least 8-10 penalties per game. Some of those penalties will be egregiously stupid backbreakers, but nothing will change the next week or next month or next season. His teams will always take unnecessary time outs because of confusion of slow communication. Clock management will be spotty to terrible. They will always look lost at times during the play, especially against elite teams.

The players generally like him and play hard for him, but they don't play smart. He will always go for a run-oriented offense and accept mediocre QB play. He gives great press conferences. He has the macho swagger that many fans think indicates a good coach but that is not correlated with winning.

And this package will be just convincing enough for many fans--and the Pegulas, in the end--to keep him on longer than is warranted by the results. I'm not saying it's easy to find a superior coach, but Rex is not one and never will be one, and his teams will be a reflection of the man.

6 years in the league little to no improvement from his college game. Tyrod is at his ceiling and that ceiling is not good enough.

Pull the bandaid off in the offseason and not pick up that option and continue looking for a QB that is good enoug they will be out there.

Unfortunately Bills will continue to play scared, keep Rex, keep Tyrod preach continuity and go into 2017 with no fix just the same tired bandaid

OR Taylor is getting game experience and developing.

What QB over the last 5 years has come out of college and been awesome from day one as a starter?

What QB over the last 5 years has come out of college and been awesome from day one as a starter?

The point is, a rookie doesn't have to be awesome from day 1. To replicate the current production, he just has to be average.

The thing that a rookie in 2017 gives you is room to grow. Tyrod doesn't. And for a hell of a lot cheaper too.

Not sure what 'awesome' means, but there have been a bunch of guys who have come out of college and quickly shown they are high end starter material: Wilson, Luck, Prescott, Carr, Cousins and maybe Mariota and Bridgewater.

To assume there is going to be any significant change in a player's game after 5 years as a backup and 2 as a starter is fantasy.

The point is, a rookie doesn't have to be awesome from day 1. To replicate the current production, he just has to be average.

The thing that a rookie in 2017 gives you is room to grow. Tyrod doesn't. And for a hell of a lot cheaper too.

Yep. That is my opinion too.

You need quality receivers to have a quality passing game. Tyrod will be fine....eventually....I hope. This season is really getting on my nerves with all of our skill position going down to injury.

It's not as if we had a potent passing game last year even with a healthy Sammy.

If you threw the ball 3 feet in the air, wouldn't your completion percentage be high, too? It's all about scoring points when we need them.

I see TT being a Flutie type. Disruptive. He thinks he's better than he is. He really thinks he's an NFL starter .. like Flutie did. Flutie ruined the Bills during his little stint (yes, I used little on purpose). We don't need that kind of mess again. That's why getting rid of Fitz was necessary. People like Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod need to know their place ... on the sidelines with a clipboard. Problem is, they don't.

You sound like you know a lot about QBing. Do you? What is your experience?

Yep. That is my opinion too.

Even if the objective is to just 'be average' - like 200 yards/game plus a great run game, avoid turnovers etc. would you rather?

Tyrod - 4 years (lopping off Year 5) @ $72,350,000

or

Brad Kaaya (say as the 50th pick) - 4 years @ around $5,000,000 (taking into account likely cap increase)

I know I'll take Kaaya + $67m on weapons/defense over Tyrod.

It's not as if we had a potent passing game last year even with a healthy Sammy.

Even if the objective is to just 'be average' - like 200 yards/game plus a great run game, avoid turnovers etc. would you rather?

Tyrod - 4 years (lopping off Year 5) @ $72,350,000

or

Brad Kaaya (say as the 50th pick) - 4 years @ around $5,000,000 (taking into account likely cap increase)

I know I'll take Kaaya + $67m on weapons/defense over Tyrod.

This is where I am at as well but give me Rudolph over Kaaya.

This is where I am at as well but give me Rudolph over Kaaya.

Kaaya suited my point but it's really *insert any rookie you like here*.

People said that trading for Sammy was a bad idea because we shouldn't put mass resources into the passing game. Wouldn't Tyrod and a big contract fall into the exact same argument?