Not too nice of an article on Tyrod Taylor

Tipster19

Unfortunately, 'unconventional' very rarely cuts it in the NFL once you're in the playoff (assuming you can ever get there).

Being able to read a defense and deliver the ball accurately and on time remain the differences between good college QB and good pro QB.

KD....I get your point

I think the bills are hoping that TT can continue to improve that part of his game....he does tease us with it. Not having Sammy (at all) and Woods (a lot) has probably hurt this so far this year.

I still think C. Jones has a lot of talent......dont want to put him in the fire too early which is why I think the bills roll with Tyrod for now.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KD....I get your point

I think the bills are hoping that TT can continue to improve that part of his game....he does tease us with it. Not having Sammy (at all) and Woods (a lot) has probably hurt this so far this year.

I still think C. Jones has a lot of talent......dont want to put him in the fire too early which is why I think the bills roll with Tyrod for now.

While I agree with many that TT is not the long term answer from what Ive seen (inconsistency) I also think we need a true #1 wr that can stay healthy. How many games has TT had a target like Sammy? 4 in all of his starts perhaps?

KD....I get your point

No argument on any of that, he's clearly the only option right now. My concern is the impact of a long term commitment based on a decent finish to this season and the hope that he improves as a passer, which I think is unlikely to any significant degree.

Jones is a complete unknown IMO; they need to keep drafting QBs and hope they find another Prescott or Wilson.

No argument on any of that, he's clearly the only option right now. My concern is the impact of a long term commitment based on a decent finish to this season and the hope that he improves as a passer, which I think is unlikely to any significant degree.

Jones is a complete unknown IMO; they need to keep drafting QBs and hope they find another Prescott or Wilson.

How about a Brady....That doesn't get caught cheating?

They should buy a lottery ticket ever year......no doubt

I just would not empty my bank account on lottery tickets when I have a viable starter for now (notice I did not say franchise qb) Tyrod's option would put him in the middle of the league for qb salaries...right where he belongs.

I get everyone's arguements.....even those that dont agree with me....I just want to see the guy throwing to the pass catchers he was SUPPOSED to be throwing to which I have not had an opportunity to do all season before making a final evaluation. I tend to back bills players until I know for sure different (i backed EJ Manuel until I was sure)

I've never seen a quarterback's progression as slow as Tyrod's. There is no hope for him. I was watching Derek Carr's and Brock Osweiler's eyes on Monday night and they scanned their entire field in one second. It made me so sad. It takes Tyrod double that time, and then another second to decide where to throw it. That's why his throws are always late. Can't win consistently with a QB like that. He shouldn't be a starter in this league. He was where he should be in Baltimore. Sitting on the sideline waiting for a starting qb to get injured.

I've never seen a quarterback's progression as slow as Tyrod's. There is no hope for him. I was watching Derek Carr's and Brock Osweiler's eyes on Monday night and they scanned their entire field in one second. It made me so sad. It takes Tyrod double that time, and then another second to decide where to throw it. That's why his throws are always late. Can't win consistently with a QB like that. He shouldn't be a starter in this league. He was where he should be in Baltimore. Sitting on the sideline waiting for a starting qb to get injured.

I totally agree with this, he just doesn't absorb the whole field. To add insult to injury I was paying attention Scott Tolzien the other night and not only did he scan all his options he did it in half the time it takes Tyrod to check out his first 2 options.

interesting.....then why is Osweiler so bad?

Carr is a very good qb

interesting.....then why is Osweiler so bad?

Carr is a very good qb

I didn't say he was good I just noticed that he scanned the whole field very fast. Derek Carr was even faster I thought and threw it quicker as well. and more accurate.

Edited by WildBills

I didn't say he was good I just noticed that he scanned the whole field very fast. Derek Carr was even faster I thought and threw it quicker as well. and more accurate.

How about this

How about the fact that you cannot tell what he is surveying on the field because he wears a VISOR

It amazes me how much fans think they can tell what is actually going on the field when they dont know ****

PS This is not slam against you personally......we gotta lot of people that think they know what is going on in a given play.....are convinced that QBs stare WR's down....etc etc.

and

I DONT know that he is surveying the whole field.....and there is a possiblity that he might be coached NOT to hang in pocket going through reads. Michael Vick (the closest thing there has been to Tyrod Taylor) was coached to make 2 reads and take off because of the threat he is on the field as a RB that plays QB.....we run option with TT.....all that.

Edited by John from Hemet

My main point is that Tyrod is not good enough. But he is good enough to keep him until the Bills find someone better. I just hope the Bills aren't stupid enough to think he is magically going to get better. He isn't. If he was, he would have showed a lot more progress already this year. They need to keep drafting until they find someone good enough.

How about this

How about the fact that you cannot tell what he is surveying on the field because he wears a VISOR

It amazes me how much fans think they can tell what is actually going on the field when they dont know ****

PS This is not slam against you personally......we gotta lot of people that think they know what is going on in a given play.....are convinced that QBs stare WR's down....etc etc.

and

I DONT know that he is surveying the whole field.....and there is a possiblity that he might be coached NOT to hang in pocket going through reads. Michael Vick (the closest thing there has been to Tyrod Taylor) was coached to make 2 reads and take off because of the threat he is on the field as a RB that plays QB.....we run option with TT.....all that.

Some people watch the all 22 afterwards and watch the game more than once with dvr and rewind and rewind and rewatch plays over and over. I am one of those people. Tyrod's progression is slower than an turtle crossing a road.

Edited by WildBills

If you threw the ball 3 feet in the air, wouldn't your completion percentage be high, too? It's all about scoring points when we need them.

I see TT being a Flutie type. Disruptive. He thinks he's better than he is. He really thinks he's an NFL starter .. like Flutie did. Flutie ruined the Bills during his little stint (yes, I used little on purpose). We don't need that kind of mess again. That's why getting rid of Fitz was necessary. People like Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod need to know their place ... on the sidelines with a clipboard. Problem is, they don't.

Word. He's a young flutie. same people that liked flutie like tryhard

Amen.