Why throw the ball with 2:31 left in the game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BS. You play to win. Complete that and the game is pretty much over. Run it for a couple against a stacked box and the Bengals still get the ball back, albeit with a bit less time.

Funny thing is, if they ran it and didn't get the first down, you'd have the same people complaining that they have no balls and should have gone for the jugular.

Having said that, the defensive calls on the last cincy drive was way too conservative. Shouldn't have even gotten to a jump ball situation.

Were a running team, Cinny is out of time outs. Were running the ball at will. What with the quick out to Harvin with on 3rd and 2? Worst case back losses a yard and we run another 30 seconds off the clock. Punt after the 2 min warning.

If we ran and didnt get it people on here would be complaining about how we were playing to not lose instead of going for the win. We played for the win, messed up the throw but we got the win. Be happy!!! Season is still alive for now. I get what youre saying but I like the go for the throat mentality

If we ran and didnt get it people on here would be complaining about how we were playing to not lose instead of going for the win. We played for the win, messed up the throw but we got the win. Be happy!!! Season is still alive for now. I get what youre saying but I like the go for the throat mentality

I'm extremely happy with the win. Just discussing a play call. And besides, who says running on 3rd and 3 when you're the top rushing team in the NFL 2 years running is not playing for the win?

He was open he did seem to get out of the break late if he catches it is game

I don't think we pick it up running they were selling out

The only reason I liked a run was to waste the time and waste he 2 min warning

That's 30 secs plus the time they can save with 2min

Because we're stupid. Running the clock down to the 2 minute warning was the play there. And the way we're running the football, we probably get the first down. The Bengals don't even get close to the Hail Mary if we just run the ball there. Stupid is as stupid does, and someday, our poor play-calling in the clutch will cost us a game.

BS. You play to win. Complete that and the game is pretty much over. Run it for a couple against a stacked box and the Bengals still get the ball back, albeit with a bit less time.

Funny thing is, if they ran it and didn't get the first down, you'd have the same people complaining that they have no balls and should have gone for the jugular.

Having said that, the defensive calls on the last cincy drive was way too conservative. Shouldn't have even gotten to a jump ball situation.

This, I agree 100%.

I thought we were going to move the pocket to make an easier throw for TT. I liked the decision to go for it and not give them the chance to come back. Hated the super prevent defense at the end of the game.

Were a running team, Cinny is out of time outs. Were running the ball at will. What with the quick out to Harvin with on 3rd and 2? Worst case back losses a yard and we run another 30 seconds off the clock. Punt after the 2 min warning.

You're complaining about the result. It was a good strategy given the alignment of the defense and the play was there to be made.

I think the pass call was terrible. We are a running team and 3rd & 3 should have been a running down. Put some faith in the O-Line and back. The worst thing that could have happened is we do not make the first, the clock runs down to the 2 minute warning, and then we punt. It was a bad choice, but luckily it did not hurt us.