Why throw the ball with 2:31 left in the game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I yelled at the TV when they did this (and then promptly made a negative post in the game thread).

I don't understand it. Some may say 'play to win', but frankly running the ball is playing to win in that situation because football is about strategy.

Edited by Dorkington

I yelled at the TV when they did this (and then promptly made a negative post in the game thread).

I don't understand it. Some may say 'play to win', and frankly running the ball is playing to win in that situation because football is about strategy.

We did go for it on 4th down earlier and converted it

That is also playing to win?

I was also shocked when Rex had Carp kick that long FG. Couldn't believe he had confidence in him and he nailed it. Good for him.

According to Rex, Carpenter ran out onto the field before Rex had made up his mind what to do, thereby making the decision for him. I guess Carp was feeling it!

Edited by MDH

i was absolutely furious that they passed the ball in their final possession as well as the possession before that. especially on the first two downs!

the running attack was working like a charm, the bengals d-line was dog tired, our O-line was dominating them, and we were down to zero experienced wide receivers.

they should have ran and ran and ran until the bengals proved that they could have stopped them.

it would have put the game away a lot sooner.

problem with the pass is that you become committed to the pass if you are staring at a third and long. gives the defense the advantage.

absolutely no excuse for not running the ball the first (2) downs or the last (2) possessions

Edited by jethro_tull

I don't understand it. Some may say 'play to win', but frankly running the ball is playing to win in that situation because football is about strategy.

Any stats that the run actually is more effective in a spot like that? Or is it one of those football truisms that might not be true these days?

Any stats that the run actually is more effective in a spot like that? Or is it one of those football truisms that might not be true these days?

The play was there. Yes Harvin rounded his cut which made him late out of the break but your QB also should know the situation of the game he holds the ball for a split second longer (used to being late with passes so it's ok) and he can complete that ball. Also has to know a sack there doesn't really hurt either.

Thing that hurts the most was a turnover followed by incomplete pass. Why is the QB coach not in his ear explaining that