Alan Branch suspended 4 games, marijuana (update-won appeal)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise surprise

@adamschefter

Patriots DT Alan Branch is being suspended four games for violating drug policy, sources tell ESPN. Tested positive for marijuana. Appealing

it would have been more appealing if he got busted BEFORE the New Era game....

Hooked on what ? I don't get hooked on things, I am a responsible adult

I'm hooked on missing your Andrew Luck thread.

Lol Luck. He's the GOAT huh? 15-28 at home against the Titans. I better retract my thoughts that he is overrated and go with the party line of the lemmings that he is the best. 15-28 is the new 25-30.

He should be cut any second, right?

They've cut better players for less..

Who will be held accountable?

BB just released this statement:

"One of the things I've enjoyed in my time here is the sense of family," he said. "Our organization from the owner down preaches a strong sense of family. This is a family member who obviously made some bad decisions. He's got to make better choices in his life. The easy thing is to discard him. So we're going to stand by him, but again I have to stress, he's got to start holding up his end of the bargain. We're going to stand by this guy and support him and hopefully steer him in the right direction."

They've cut better players for less..

BB just released this statement:

"One of the things I've enjoyed in my time here is the sense of family," he said. "Our organization from the owner down preaches a strong sense of family. This is a family member who obviously made some bad decisions. He's got to make better choices in his life. The easy thing is to discard him. So we're going to stand by him, but again I have to stress, he's got to start holding up his end of the bargain. We're going to stand by this guy and support him and hopefully steer him in the right direction."

selective process i guess. How does one determine between family member and disposable talent? Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins..disposable. Alan Trees, Rob Nincompoop...family.

selective process i guess. How does one determine between family member and disposable talent? Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins..disposable. Alan Trees, Rob Nincompoop...family.

Actually, that was Whaley's (second in 2 years) public acknowledgement that Dareus is uncuttable and untradable so he's staying....

The question remains regardless of the statement. You already had, are having that argument in several other threads. Belicheat is loyal to some while others get cast away seemingly on a whim.

I am?

Anyway, the expensive (or about to be) guys go. This isn't news...

Awesome. Let's turn this political. Everyone chastise those who don't support marijuana. Now, everyone who does, call them out of touch, and old and explain how everything else in the world is worse then weed!

Branch is an unmitigated moron for smoking weed. There is no excuse for it and I hope he gets the help he needs.

I smell an appeal. Ha

just because a state legalised it doesn't mean an employer can't fire you for smoking it nor have it in a contract or any such terms, regardless of state laws. Plus, federal law says no marijuana Edited by Boyst62

Awesome. Let's turn this political. Everyone chastise those who don't support marijuana. Now, everyone who does, call them out of touch, and old and explain how everything else in the world is worse then weed!

Branch is an unmitigated moron for smoking weed. There is no excuse for it and I hope he gets the help he needs.

just because a state legalised it doesn't mean an employer can't fire you for smoking it nor have it in a contract or any such terms, regardless of state laws. Plus, federal law says no marijuana

Yup. He was also nailed for DUI, which is what got him booted from the Bills.

And he's making a pittance. The Cheaters can cut him with almost no repercussions. You know, to "send a message."

Branch is an unmitigated moron for smoking weed. There is no excuse for it and I hope he gets the help he needs. just because a state legalised it doesn't mean an employer can't fire you for smoking it nor have it in a contract or any such terms, regardless of state laws. Plus, federal law says no marijuana

Just you and merper bruh.

Tell us more about how smoking weed is just like getting high on heroin and other drugs Mr "not out of touch"

You on weed topics is always a hoot.

just because a state legalised it doesn't mean an employer can't fire you for smoking it nor have it in a contract or any such terms, regardless of state laws. Plus, federal law says no marijuana

While that is true, anyone with a functioning brain can see the the irony with the league taking a hard stance on a safer alternative than the myriad of dangerous pain killers that are dolled out. Yeah, player safety!

Just you and merper bruh.

Tell us more about how smoking weed is just like getting high on heroin and other drugs Mr "not out of touch"

You on weed topics is always a hoot.

this is a football topic ya dope!

He is a moron. A million dollar contract. And millions on the line. And you already struck out once and lost $ how many times can you be stupid and get lucky? This guy being on a roster right now is the luckiest guy around. And I am sure he is a moron and will light up again soon

In case you don't get it... he is being paid millions to play football and not do drugs. If youbworked for a company paying millions to you a year... and all they asked was font smoke? Would you still smoke?