Alan Branch suspended 4 games, marijuana (update-won appeal)

YoloinOhio

Branch is the definition of a POS. Perfect for the Pats** "family"

As much as I am inclined to bash on a random Pat*, I cannot fault any player for smoking weed. The pain management aspect of weed is smarter than taking the synthetic heroin that the doctors prescribe. The fact that a handful of NFL states have fully legalized pot and more have medicinal laws in place, show that Goodell should re-evaluate the rule.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I am inclined to bash on a random Pat*, I cannot fault any player for smoking weed. The pain management aspect of weed is smarter than taking the synthetic heroin that the doctors prescribe. The fact that a handful of NFL states have fully legalized pot and more have medicinal laws in place, show that Goodell should re-evaluate the rule.

Most players aren't smoking weed for pain control.

Most patients with chronic pain are not prescribed medical marijuana.

Goodell has nothing to do with what substances are banned by the NFL.

Did I really have to type all that?

My comment actually had nothing to do with weed, and everything to do with what a POS Branch is. I'll never forget how he disrespected the Bills then waltzed into a freaking SB ring (BTW thanks for that Pete Carroll, you POS)

Most players aren't smoking weed for pain control.

Most patients with chronic pain are not prescribed medical marijuana.

Goodell has nothing to do with what substances are banned by the NFL.

Did I really have to type all that?

Even if they aren't smoking for pain control, it helps.

Our society is geared to prescribe expensive opioids to pain patients. Unfortunately, the overreliance on these drugs has created an epidemic of heroin junkies who were productive healthy, relatively clean citizens before. I have witnessed this too often with young people OD'ing or committing suicide in response to these types of addictions. Weed is by far the safer option.

Goodell has a ton to do with what substances are banned, as he can push the agenda for policy changes as the commish.

My comment actually had nothing to do with weed, and everything to do with what a POS Branch is. I'll never forget how he disrespected the Bills then waltzed into a freaking SB ring (BTW thanks for that Pete Carroll, you POS)

Eh, I forgot about that until you brought it up. I nothinged him as a Bill, and hold no grudges as the business is cruel in general.

http://www.livescience.com/24553-what-is-thc.html

because you might be uneducated

Blah blah blah I get it dude.

Here's the thing:

I have nothing against medical research and would support lifting the bans on it if that is what the pot heads really cared about, but for the vast majority of them it is not. They care about ridding themselves of guilt for the wrong that they are doing and no law or repeal of a law will ever do that. Their guilt for getting hooked is internal. Guilt is part of human nature and many times is a healthy thing, but it is also individual. Look at serial killers. They could use a little guilt in their heads. It would go a long way.

Pot heads are different though. They still have guilt but the pot has tricked them into thinking that this guilt is somehow someone else's fault or something that can be lifted through legislation. They know what they are doing is wrong, but rather than let it slide.....because in the grand scheme of things, smoking pot is not a huge deal like being a serial killer for example.....they want to eradicate all guilt. They somehow can't do it themselves so they demand others absolve them. They can't even really see the connection that pot has made them so subservient.

Ask yourself this:

Take all of these cannabis warriors who demand pot be legalized and put them into voting booths all over the country.

Tell them to vote yes if:

All US Fed/State/local governments will immediately lift all bans on medical research using cannabis. Any resulting health solutions of any type will be fast tracked through the FDA whether they come from Pfizer or Steve's Sacramento smoke shop and if successful will hit the market immediately. You can use cannabis for other purposes as well such as rope and tie dye t shirts galore. In fact you can use the marijuana plant and its derivatives for any purpose whatsoever....except getting stoned.

Vote no if:

There will be no change to any laws for research or anything else and they will still be enforced, but the laws pertaining to anyone getting stoned or distributing/selling/buying pot for use in getting stoned will simply not be enforced.

Only people that currently call pot "cannabis" can vote.

IMO "No" wins that vote by an 88-12 margin.

And that is why I scoff at the people constantly calling it cannabis to sound educated.

The question remains regardless of the statement. You already had, are having that argument in several other threads. Belicheat is loyal to some while others get cast away seemingly on a whim.

translation: we can't cut him, we actually need him.

Here's the thing:

I have nothing against medical research and would support lifting the bans on it if that is what the pot heads really cared about, but for the vast majority of them it is not. They care about ridding themselves of guilt for the wrong that they are doing and no law or repeal of a law will ever do that. Their guilt for getting hooked is internal. Guilt is part of human nature and many times is a healthy thing, but it is also individual. Look at serial killers. They could use a little guilt in their heads. It would go a long way.

Pot heads are different though. They still have guilt but the pot has tricked them into thinking that this guilt is somehow someone else's fault or something that can be lifted through legislation. They know what they are doing is wrong, but rather than let it slide.....because in the grand scheme of things, smoking pot is not a huge deal like being a serial killer for example.....they want to eradicate all guilt. They somehow can't do it themselves so they demand others absolve them. They can't even really see the connection that pot has made them so subservient.

Ask yourself this:

Take all of these cannabis warriors who demand pot be legalized and put them into voting booths all over the country.

All US Fed/State/local governments will immediately lift all bans on medical research using cannabis. Any resulting health solutions of any type will be fast tracked through the FDA whether they come from Pfizer or Steve's Sacramento smoke shop and if successful will hit the market immediately. You can use cannabis for other purposes as well such as rope and tie dye t shirts galore. In fact you can use the marijuana plant and its derivatives for any purpose whatsoever....except getting stoned.

Vote no if:

There will be no change to any laws for research or anything else and they will still be enforced, but the laws pertaining to anyone getting stoned or distributing/selling/buying pot for use in getting stoned will simply not be enforced.

And that is why I scoff at the people constantly calling it cannabis to sound educated.

look at those double spaces between periods. you're dating yourself.

Even if they aren't smoking for pain control, it helps.

Our society is geared to prescribe expensive opioids to pain patients. Unfortunately, the overreliance on these drugs has created an epidemic of heroin junkies who were productive healthy, relatively clean citizens before. I have witnessed this too often with young people OD'ing or committing suicide in response to these types of addictions. Weed is by far the safer option.

Goodell has a ton to do with what substances are banned, as he can push the agenda for policy changes as the commish.

Eh, I forgot about that until you brought it up. I nothinged him as a Bill, and hold no grudges as the business is cruel in general.

No he can't. If the owners want it banned, nothing he can do. The owners want it banned.

Yes, we are all aware of the abuse of narcotics, but they have been the mainstay of pain control for decades. The rates of abuse were never as high as now. People are dying of overdose of heroin in states where medicinal weed has been available for years. Claiming that marijuana is the answer to this problem is at odds with what is known.

Here's the thing:

Ask yourself this:

Vote no if:

You know why you're such an annoying TBD poster? It's because 1) you think you know what everyone's motivations are and 2) you apply your own morality to situations. Even when talking Bills football you think your opinion is the RIGHT one...

They care about ridding themselves of guilt for the wrong that they are doing and no law or repeal of a law will ever do that. Their guilt for getting hooked is internal.

Why do you assume that pot smokers feel "guilt" or even that they're "wrong"? I want cannabis legalized because IMO, it does little to no harm (far less than alcohol) and should be a choice that an adult is allowed to make. No guilt or thoughts that what I'm doing is wrong, from me...

They still have guilt but the pot has tricked them into thinking that this guilt is somehow someone else's fault or something that can be lifted through legislation. They know what they are doing is wrong, but rather than let it slide.

Again, more assumption of guilt and an assertion that pot smokers are doing something "wrong"! Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion man.

I love when the pot heads call it cannabis instead of marijuana, pot or dope. Another strange attempt at guilt avoidance.

And just to educate you, people in the pro-legalization side call it "cannabis" because that's the actual name of the plant and because of the negative connotations that have become associated with "marijuana" over the years. Whether you like it or not, it IS cannabis.

Your statement is like saying "I love when people call it Bourbon instead of booze, hootch or rot gut. Another attempts at guild avoidance". It's NOT those things, it's Bourbon, feel free to use it at your discretion.

I'd LOVE to have this debate face-to-face, feel free to look for me at the home opener and we can discuss. If you don't think my brain has been too rotted by the jazz cigarettes...

People are dying of overdose of heroin in states where medicinal weed has been available for years. Claiming that marijuana is the answer to this problem is at odds with what is known.

well despite what you may believe, is much easier and cheaper to obtain than "medical" marijuana. "medicinal" marijuana requires some form of doctor visit, which requires medical insurance. not to mention a lot of states, such as NY, that offer "medical" marijuana are extremely difficult. making accessiblity very hard, thus limiting opportunity based upon...again, means (money, transportation). NY, for example is the worst out of all medical states. only available in hospitals, no flower form, and only offered to extreme cases, such as cancer or aids patients. not to mention, marijuana is worth soo much more in its weight than heroin, or any other black market opioid.

my point is heroin is still much cheaper and easier to get than "medicinal" marijuana. on the black market, the availability is par, but still, the cost of heroin is still MUCH cheaper.

not to mention...heroin addicts aren't really looking to ease chronic pain, or help their anxiety, or intentionally getting the munchies because their chemo and aids medication makes them nauseous and they can't eat, therefore they are literally on the verge of starvation. their intent is completely different from those using marijuana in its intended form.

Edited by 87168

Why do you assume that pot smokers feel "guilt" or even that they're "wrong"? I want cannabis legalized because IMO, it does little to no harm (far less than alcohol) and should be a choice that an adult is allowed to make. No guilt or thoughts that what I'm doing is wrong, from me...

Again, more assumption of guilt and an assertion that pot smokers are doing something "wrong"! Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion man.

And just to educate you, people in the pro-legalization side call it "cannabis" because that's the actual name of the plant and because of the negative connotations that have become associated with "marijuana" over the years. Whether you like it or not, it IS cannabis.

Your statement is like saying "I love when people call it Bourbon instead of booze, hootch or rot gut. Another attempts at guild avoidance". It's NOT those things, it's Bourbon, feel free to use it at your discretion.

I'd LOVE to have this debate face-to-face, feel free to look for me at the home opener and we can discuss. If you don't think my brain has been too rotted by the jazz cigarettes...

I realize my yes/no imaginary vote is a false choice but do think I am correct that if it ever happened, the results would be close to what I speculated.

My opinion is my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Just this week I owned up to ragging on Rex during the Bengals game and gave him credit for pulling it out. You can look it up. I realize i am wrong sometimes as I was during this individual game. It is also still my opinion that Rex's past performance does not bode well for our overall future. That is my opinion and I hope it turns out to be wrong. I do not present it to be fact. On the pot topic I consider some parts of what I say opinion, but other parts are more observation.

I am not aware of one person on the site that simply wants medical research but doesn't want legalized use for the purpose of getting high. All of the other people's opinions I've seen point to all sorts of research this and "evidence" that about the plethora of uses for "cannabis" but ultimately end with something along the lines of "and that is why I should be able to smoke weed whenever I want". That has zero to do with my morality, it is my observation of other people's morality/guilt and the setup of "cannabis" they use in hopes that the magical government will come along and tell them everything they are doing is ok. I am fine with the use of the term cannabis when discussing cancer research or whatever, but if someone is talking about smoking pot for pleasure, they should call it pot or marijuana or spliff or blunt or joint, because that has been the common vernacular for a long time. Own it. Nobody in the 60s said they were going to light up some cannabis. Calling it cannabis cheapens the term, even if it is technically correct.

Where my morality/opinion admittedly comes in to a degree is where I have seen people get their lives messed up by pot. Clearly it isn't the only thing that can mess up people's lives and I get that morality can't be legislated. It happens with booze, extramarital affairs, harder drugs, gambling, and tons of other stuff including tobacco, etc. I get why pot users might be pissed that they aren't treated equally but the way I see it, the fewer pot users the better. Same goes for that other stuff which is mostly legal but multiple wrongs don't make a right....IMO. I know/knew a lot of pot users that need/needed to use it all the time. Their day centered around it. I find that sad and if their guilt holds them back a little because it is illegal then that is ok with me. I also get that it is not my choice to make. I am not preaching about the guilt thing....I'm just observing. I don't know what the right answer is in terms of legislation. If anybody had the real right answer for vices, it would have been implemented already.

To be clear, I judge nobody as a person....ever. It is not my place. Pot user, heroin user, coke user, boozer, gambler, cheater or even worse.....murderer, serial killer, etc. IMO only the big man gets to truly judge anyone permanently. That does not mean government shouldn't do what is right to temporarily meet the collective needs of the society. This means serial killers get locked up forever or even put to death because they need to be removed from our culture for the culture's sake. It does NOT mean that the government is the permanent judge. That is for the big man and the big man alone. If society erroneously but unanimously agreed that anyone who said the word lollipop needed to be put away permanently then so be it. But everyone who is put away would/should still know that it was unjust or at least that the government's say was not defining of them as a person.

I realize my yes/no imaginary vote is a false choice but do think I am correct that if it ever happened, the results would be close to what I speculated.

My opinion is my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Just this week I owned up to ragging on Rex during the Bengals game and gave him credit for pulling it out. You can look it up. I realize i am wrong sometimes as I was during this individual game. It is also still my opinion that Rex's past performance does not bode well for our overall future. That is my opinion and I hope it turns out to be wrong. I do not present it to be fact. On the pot topic I consider some parts of what I say opinion, but other parts are more observation.

I am not aware of one person on the site that simply wants medical research but doesn't want legalized use for the purpose of getting high. All of the other people's opinions I've seen point to all sorts of research this and "evidence" that about the plethora of uses for "cannabis" but ultimately end with something along the lines of "and that is why I should be able to smoke weed whenever I want". That has zero to do with my morality, it is my observation of other people's morality/guilt and the setup of "cannabis" they use in hopes that the magical government will come along and tell them everything they are doing is ok. I am fine with the use of the term cannabis when discussing cancer research or whatever, but if someone is talking about smoking pot for pleasure, they should call it pot or marijuana or spliff or blunt or joint, because that has been the common vernacular for a long time. Own it. Nobody in the 60s said they were going to light up some cannabis. Calling it cannabis cheapens the term, even if it is technically correct.

Where my morality/opinion admittedly comes in to a degree is where I have seen people get their lives messed up by pot. Clearly it isn't the only thing that can mess up people's lives and I get that morality can't be legislated. It happens with booze, extramarital affairs, harder drugs, gambling, and tons of other stuff including tobacco, etc. I get why pot users might be pissed that they aren't treated equally but the way I see it, the fewer pot users the better. Same goes for that other stuff which is mostly legal but multiple wrongs don't make a right....IMO. I know/knew a lot of pot users that need/needed to use it all the time. Their day centered around it. I find that sad and if their guilt holds them back a little because it is illegal then that is ok with me. I also get that it is not my choice to make. I am not preaching about the guilt thing....I'm just observing. I don't know what the right answer is in terms of legislation. If anybody had the real right answer for vices, it would have been implemented already.

To be clear, I judge nobody as a person....ever. It is not my place. Pot user, heroin user, coke user, boozer, gambler, cheater or even worse.....murderer, serial killer, etc. IMO only the big man gets to truly judge anyone permanently. That does not mean government shouldn't do what is right to temporarily meet the collective needs of the society. This means serial killers get locked up forever or even put to death because they need to be removed from our culture for the culture's sake. It does NOT mean that the government is the permanent judge. That is for the big man and the big man alone. If society erroneously but unanimously agreed that anyone who said the word lollipop needed to be put away permanently then so be it. But everyone who is put away would/should still know that it was unjust or at least that the government's say was not defining of them as a person.

Let's hear some tales of people whose lives were messed up by pot.

Did they eat pizza and go to concerts ? Speakers hurt their ears ?

well despite what you may believe, is much easier and cheaper to obtain than "medical" marijuana. "medicinal" marijuana requires some form of doctor visit, which requires medical insurance. not to mention a lot of states, such as NY, that offer "medical" marijuana are extremely difficult. making accessiblity very hard, thus limiting opportunity based upon...again, means (money, transportation). NY, for example is the worst out of all medical states. only available in hospitals, no flower form, and only offered to extreme cases, such as cancer or aids patients. not to mention, marijuana is worth soo much more in its weight than heroin, or any other black market opioid.

my point is heroin is still much cheaper and easier to get than "medicinal" marijuana. on the black market, the availability is par, but still, the cost of heroin is still MUCH cheaper.

not to mention...heroin addicts aren't really looking to ease chronic pain, or help their anxiety, or intentionally getting the munchies because their chemo and aids medication makes them nauseous and they can't eat, therefore they are literally on the verge of starvation. their intent is completely different from those using marijuana in its intended form.

It has been available with far fewer restrictions in states other than NY for medicinal purposes (and now it is available for recreational use in several more)--yet narcotic ODs still occur in those states.

The vast majority of Americans is insured and the vast majority of low income individuals is insured for free with Medicaid. In states that require medical prescription or some form of card to buy weed, it's not much of a barrier.

You are misinformed regarding NYS. It is allowed for: "cancer, HIV infection or AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury with spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathy, and Huntington's disease. The associated or complicating conditions are cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms." To get certification this is the process: " If your physician determines this is the appropriate treatment for you and he or she registered with the New York State Department of Health's Medical Marijuana Program, he or she may issue you a certification for medical marijuana". Also, you don't have to go to a "hospital" to get the marijuana.

You are also incorrect that heroin users are not using to control pain. Many are doing just that because prescription narcotics are much harder to come by.

What a lot of people don't understand is that many with problems in their lives DO turn to alcohol and drugs of all kinds. However, because a troubled soul uses cannabis, that certainly does not mean that the cannabis is the root of the problems. Just because I know someone that has a ****ty life and uses cannabis, it is not intelligent to label cannabis the cause.

Well, from my experience and the people I know, every single person who uses hard core drugs - like blow, acid, meth, etc. started out using weed first. Every single one of them.

I grew up in that crowd. In every instance that I am aware of - weed was the first illegal drug any of those (kids at the time) tried. Once they realized how much they liked smoking pot, they lost their fear of trying other harder drugs.

At least several of them that I still know of - definitely messed up their lives with drugs and would have no doubt been better off if they had never taken that first hit of the doobie or bowl or bong or whatever.

So there's that. Weed has definitely led to ruined lives. If you claim it hasn't, you are in denial of the obvious.

Well, from my experience and the people I know, every single person who uses hard core drugs - like blow, acid, meth, etc. started out using weed first. Every single one of them.

I grew up in that crowd. In every instance that I am aware of - weed was the first illegal drug any of those (kids at the time) tried. Once they realized how much they liked smoking pot, they lost their fear of trying other harder drugs.

At least several of them that I still know of - definitely messed up their lives with drugs and would have no doubt been better off if they had never taken that first hit of the doobie or bowl or bong or whatever.

So there's that. Weed has definitely led to ruined lives. If you claim it hasn't, you are in denial of the obvious.

Alcohol is a great gateway to blow and it's legal ! You got a bump maaaaaan?

Obviously there's some truth to your statement and obviously there are tons of people who are smart enough to draw the line at cannabis as well.

What a lot of people don't understand is that many with problems in their lives DO turn to alcohol and drugs of all kinds. However, because a troubled soul uses cannabis, that certainly does not mean that the cannabis is the root of the problems. Just because I know someone that has a ****ty life and uses cannabis, it is not intelligent to label cannabis the cause.

Yerp which came first ? The pot or the eye shadow and the woe is me attitude in my morrisey t shirt ?

Here's the thing:

And that is why I scoff at the people constantly calling it cannabis to sound educated....

.....what?

haha this is absolutely hysterical and assumptive.

I use cannabis (never call it that, but for some reason I feel the urge) daily. I used it in NY, and in Seattle, where I presently reside. I have quite a long history of relying on pills, that were perfectly legal, such as hydrocodone and tramadol...these pills led to me using zoloft. it was a catch 22 in every sense of the term. suffer from severe, crippling sickle cell pain or take this pills that make me feel like a zombie and consume zoloft (which I never needed prior). at the age of 26 i lost my medical insurance, and needed to find an alternative. cannabis was it. the only guilt i feel is allowing stigmas and legalities to impact my decisions regarding my own health and for so long. i've been using cannabis for 4 years (30 yrs old now). i'm waaay more functional and in better health both physically and mentally. i wont try to market cannabis as some miracle for all to enjoy. just like anything in life, appropriation, moderation, and intent all play a major role. but, sir...you really can't make those assumptions.

this is a topic and an area which your knowledge, exposure, and experiences are clearly lacking. your narcissism is awing.

but hey...i'm just a pot head trying to clear my guilt.

p.s. it's ok to try things, and think for yourself once in a while. it'll likely lead to less judgmental tendencies and shallow stances. Reefer Madness really worked...even to this day.