Sammy Watkins has a chance to come back and be a hero

Black Friday gifts for all 32 NFL teams

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x161125/black-friday-shopping-gifts-all-32-nfl-teams-2016

Fuzzy Bills slippers for Sammy Watkins.
After he returned to practice Wednesday after weeks on injured reserve, the Bills could use Watkins' help as they attempt to climb in the AFC standings and sneak into the playoffs. Watkins' left foot has been a source of frustration for Bills fans since he underwent surgery in the spring, and a pair of slippers would surely go a long way to keeping him comfortable and pain-free moving forward.
Surprised this term 'Black Friday' has not been destroyed by PC crowd.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are REALLY underestimating our opponent

Their D is good

No team likes to lose every game....which will make them dangerous

I am not saying we are gonna lose.....but this is the kind of mentality I really hope our players do not have in a game we really need

Yup. IMHO, Jags have talent but underperforming. Though I dont watch a lot of their games, I have watched a couple. It points to a coaching deficiency (and not pointing at Marrone alone). At this point of the season, the Bills shouldnt be underestimating any team.

Yup. IMHO, Jags have talent but underperforming. Though I dont watch a lot of their games, I have watched a couple. It points to a coaching deficiency (and not pointing at Marrone alone). At this point of the season, the Bills shouldnt be underestimating any team.

I was thinking about this.

How do both teams stay focused.

Well I thought about Rex saying , " this is the best 2-10 team in the league ". It's his way of being humorous, but also saying the Bills had better not relax one bit.

I did not think at all about what Bradley might say. he is a goner.

also Fan in Chicago might be onto something.

I do think Sammy feels himself to be a prima donna.

And I would force him onto the field at this point in any manner i could

Robert Blanton was such a miss

Every GM has them.....but this one hurt.

They were hoping against hope they would not need him

I was thinking about this.

How do both teams stay focused.

Well I thought about Rex saying , " this is the best 2-10 team in the league ". It's his way of being humorous, but also saying the Bills had better not relax one bit.

I did not think at all about what Bradley might say. he is a goner.

also Fan in Chicago might be onto something.

I do think Sammy feels himself to be a prima donna.

And I would force him onto the field at this point in any manner i could

They were hoping against hope they would not need him

True,

But (and I am a pro whaley guy everyone knows that) I felt like safety was one of those positions he was not addressing and he really needed to.

Aaron Williams turned out to be a great bargain in the "corner turned safety" thing but we needed to hedge our bets here......the communication in the secondary is floundering with him not there so we needed a adequate replacemeint.....a lot of the heat the corners are taking is because of late safety help.

I feel like every year we hear other QBs emerge as we get closer to draft day.

I have no idea about the QB class. But your last sentence is simply not true. I was not against them taking Lynch last year and I certainly wouldn't be upset if they took a potential great QB if there when we pick.

And the EJ pick was different. They forced him in the lineup, gave him no competition and put immense pressure on him to perform while having no other options.

Do you honestly think that bills fans would stand for the goff treatment with a QB

I am not saying we should not draft a QB.....should draft one every year.......but you have to do it in the context of "best available value"

Where we will be picking that value is probably going to be a safety or a wide receiver

I feel like every year we hear other QBs emerge as we get closer to draft day.

I have no idea about the QB class. But your last sentence is simply not true. I was not against them taking Lynch last year and I certainly wouldn't be upset if they took a potential great QB if there when we pick.

And the EJ pick was different. They forced him in the lineup, gave him no competition and put immense pressure on him to perform while having no other options.

Not true on EJ.

You may think that the plan for competition (Kolb) was poor, but to say that they didn't have competition for him is incorrect.

As to forcing a QB selection, the only time I endorse it is in a situation like the 2013 Bills--when the cupboard is completely bare of anyone with franchise potential.

Not true on EJ.

You may think that the plan for competition (Kolb) was poor, but to say that they didn't have competition for him is incorrect.

As to forcing a QB selection, the only time I endorse it is in a situation like the 2013 Bills--when the cupboard is completely bare of anyone with franchise potential.

Anyone who thinks that Kolb was intended to provide serious competition to EJ really must think Nix, Whaley and Marrone were complete idiots.

When the guy you call competition is a critically busted up and washed out vet.....who despite numerous opportunities never managed to even throw 10 TD passes in a season.....pathetically unproductive......well it's pretty clear he is a tomato can intended to be very easily kicked over by a rookie QB.

The Bills had a veteran QB in TJax on a laughably cheap contract who could have easily kept EJ on the bench and they released him for a reason............they didn't want the locker room questioning their inevitable elevation of EJ Manuel to starter in his rookie season.

I don't know what their exact intention was on draft day but when they cut TJax around minicamp time they had already decided that they wanted EJ to "earn" the job at the expense of a guy in Kolb that they should have been ashamed to have even acquired and exposed to more suffering.

Anyone who thinks that Kolb was intended to provide serious competition to EJ really must think Nix, Whaley and Marrone were complete idiots.

When the guy you call competition is a critically busted up and washed out vet.....who despite numerous opportunities never managed to even throw 10 TD passes in a season.....pathetically unproductive......well it's pretty clear he is a tomato can intended to be very easily kicked over by a rookie QB.

The Bills had a veteran QB in TJax on a laughably cheap contract who could have easily kept EJ on the bench and they released him for a reason............they didn't want the locker room questioning their inevitable elevation of EJ Manuel to starter in his rookie season.

I don't know what their exact intention was on draft day but when they cut TJax around minicamp time they had already decided that they wanted EJ to "earn" the job at the expense of a guy in Kolb that they should have been ashamed to have even acquired and exposed to more suffering.

I disliked that Kolb was the plan for competition, but he was the plan nevertheless.

If the QB class is similar to 2013 when they forced a pick, you'd kill them for that too. They can't win with fans like you either way.

What forced them to make that pick?

Where we will be picking that value is probably going to be a safety or a wide receiver

That thinking is exactly why the Bills are a QB mess. Regardless of the round other NFL teams overvalue the QB position and leave the Bills holding the safety. Round 1, round 2, round 3...doesn't matter. Until they take a QB ahead of where they have him slotted they will continue to strikeout.

That thinking is exactly why the Bills are a QB mess. Regardless of the round other NFL teams overvalue the QB position and leave the Bills holding the safety. Round 1, round 2, round 3...doesn't matter. Until they take a QB ahead of where they have him slotted they will continue to strikeout.

The Bills are not a QB mess Mr post#171. Evidence?

Buddy Nix's desire to find a "franchise" QB. If it don't fit, don't force it.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Seriously? Is your name John?

Come on now fergie.....dont be jaded that there is more then one that feels the same way on this subject. You have plenty of NNN's to pat you on the back.

Cripple kind of dug a whole there

- Lets take a QB no matter where we are slotted.....and hope that its not EJ Manuel.....until that is exactly what happens because we didnt stick with the best available talent model.

Im not AGAINST a qb......but I dont want to overdraft one for the sake of overdrafting one...what if Mike Williams from Clemson is available when we pick?

Come on now fergie.....dont be jaded that there is more then one that feels the same way on this subject. You have plenty of NNN's to pat you on the back.

Cripple kind of dug a whole there

- Lets take a QB no matter where we are slotted.....and hope that its not EJ Manuel.....until that is exactly what happens because we didnt stick with the best available talent model.

Im not AGAINST a qb......but I dont want to overdraft one for the sake of overdrafting one...what if Mike Williams from Clemson is available when we pick?

Johnny - if you choose to wallow in mediocrity with Thurmanator, that's your choice. As for me and the other 98.5 percent of Bills fans, we'll wait for our front office to get "lucky".

Completely changing the subject is not moving the goalposts?

I will slow down if you need me to

Oh, I'm sorry. Let me get back to the original post.

Back when the Bills had a receiver who would go over the middle (Andre Reed) and sacrifice his body to catch accurate passes from his QB (Jim Kelly), the Bills were a good football team.

Now ... we have Sammy Watkins who is "too hurt to play," until we play the 2nd worst team in the league .... in actuality he doesn't want to play because he's got a QB who is more likely to get him killed than he is to get him an accurate pass anywhere other that the sidelines.

Meanwhile, because of the inaccurate, schitty QB and the "elite" wide receiver who will only play when he's 100% healthy .. our Bills suck complete ass.

Move that goalpost, homer boy.