I want Romo!!!

Protocal69

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't possibly know? Taylor had a luxury not afforded to all young QBs in the league, playing behind a good QB and being brought along slowly. When he was deemed ready he made the move to Buffalo and has played in many games now. His ceiling may not be completely identified, but I'd say the general area has been clearly established. Now can Romo stay healthy enough to be an asset and get to his ceiling again particularly with the Bills O-Line, who knows. But it's pretty clear that Taylors general area ceiling is far below Romo's ceiling, IMO.

We will have seen Taylor's "ceiling" after he gets a handful of games with legitimate options at wide receiver. I.E. a healthy Sammy Watkins and a first round draft pick/Alshon Jeffery. Edited by metzelaars_lives

We will have seen Taylor's "ceiling" after he gets a handful of games with legitimate options at wide receiver. I.E. a healthy Sammy Watkins and a first round draft pick/Alshon Jeffery.

Why do we need that? His deficiencies as a QB have nothing to do with who is running routes.

Tyrod's limitations begin and end with Tyrod.

Who is the aging journeyman QB, with a ceiling below the playoffs that you are referring too? The Bills have a 27 year-old QB that his old team and old OC (Kubiak) desperately wanted to keep. That really isn't a journeyman (at all). Clearly he doesn't fit the description. Are you talking about Fitz or Hoyer? Those are the only free agents that seem to fit like that. Matt Schaub fits aging and journeyman but went to the playoffs I think. I'm confused?

Tyrod Taylor.

You think Tyrod is good enough to get into and win playoff games?

He's not.

He's good enough to be +/- .500 with lots of help all around him.

Why do we need that? His deficiencies as a QB have nothing to do with who is running routes.

Tyrod Taylor.

He's not.

I just feel like "aging" and "journeyman" feel like words that would fit with an agenda instead of a discussion. He is 27 years old (same age as Andrew Luck). He is on his 2nd team. His first team wanted to keep him and his OC offered him more money than the Bills. He followed the opportunity and has grown since. That isn't the resume of a journeyman. 27 years-old I guess is aging but so is 11 years-old. Time only goes in one direction.

Do I think that Tyrod is good enough to get into the playoffs, ABSOLUTELY. The Super Bowl winning QB last year threw 9 TDs and 17 INTs. He had a Qb rating of 67.9 & a QBR of 44.96. That is the guy that WON THE SUPERBOWL!!! You are really trying to argue that he cant get a team into the playoffs?!? That feels like (or is clearly) an agenda.

If you think that they can upgrade at the position, a lot of people feel that way. Who is it that you think is an upgrade?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Considering Romo isn't coming to Buffalo, we are out of the playoffs for a 17th consecutive year, and we are just kicking around the same old crap Bills fans kick around at this time of year...

...can we just turn this into an Evel Knievel thread?

lb1117.jpg

or change it to a Tom Br*dy thread so you can show off your Tom Br*dy autographed lunch box.

Tyrod Taylor.

He's not.

When does that arrive?

If he couldn't stay healthy behind the Dallas OL then wtf do you think would happen here? No thanks to aging, past their prime, veteran QB's.

This says it all as the Cowboys have the best line in the league and a rookie QB & RB are playing like veteran all pro's because of it!!

Can't possibly know? Taylor had a luxury not afforded to all young QBs in the league, playing behind a good QB and being brought along slowly. When he was deemed ready he made the move to Buffalo and has played in many games now. His ceiling may not be completely identified, but I'd say the general area has been clearly established. Now can Romo stay healthy enough to be an asset and get to his ceiling again particularly with the Bills O-Line, who knows. But it's pretty clear that Taylors general area ceiling is far below Romo's ceiling, IMO.

Except Romos ceiling is broken, collapsed, caved in and maybe irrecoverable

Not only do the injuries concern me but tbh even in the few games he played last year before the injury his performance seemed to slip a little. Would only be a fan if:

1. We pay him literally not a penny more than we would pay a 2nd stringer

2. We are still willing to either groom TT or draft another young QB for the future.

We will have seen Taylor's "ceiling" after he gets a handful of games with legitimate options at wide receiver. I.E. a healthy Sammy Watkins and a first round draft pick/Alshon Jeffery.

I like TT's ceiling and am hopeful. But, a #1 WR is not going to help TT see the whole field. He needs to learn that asap. Edited by Manther

6 years in the league is not enough then. Will his ceiling be known before he retires?

6 years in the league is not enough then. Will his ceiling be known before he retires?

He is the same age with less starts than Andrew Luck. Are we in agreement that we haven't seen Luck's ceiling? I have no idea what Tyrod's ceiling is. He may be close and he may not but I don't think that we know that for sure. The last game that he played may be his best as a pro. If that's the case the ceiling was raised a week ago.