Bills pretty much toast after Broncos and Chiefs wins...

Big Turk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but continuity and injuries.

Injuries seem to get Buffalo every year, don't they? It's just bad luck they've continued to be mediocre for so long.

Until Brady slows down, it's never going to happen for us. Might as well stockpile young talent and wait for him to slow down.

Drafting better is a must, but until they develop a strategy that fits with the modern NFL they'll remain a 7-9 win team. Rex hasn't been in the playoffs likely now 6 seasons in a row and it's time to admit his style doesn't work anymore. He needs so many picks on defense that it means the offense is neglected. And that very defense he seems proud of telling us he knows all about isn't working. They've surrendered 100 points in the last 3 games.

Yeah, Brady is always going to be a huge obstacle in the way of getting to the post-season. The problem for Buffalo remains that they don't have the QB who can make up for the defense under-performing. Russell Wilson sure did a great job of doing this last night.

Credit Belichick for evolving on how to build a team. His first few SB winners were dominated by defense with enough offense thrown in. As the game has changed to favor offense, NE is known for their weapons for Brady and defense doesn't have the priority. That's not to say they're terrible there, only that the HC adapted.

Rex hasn't adapted, won't adapt, and we're left with a team stuck in 1985.

So you have faith we can go 6-1?

Say they do that, the Bills still lose out on every single tie breaker.

Nothing is set in stone, but I would imagine the Bills will win a tiebreaker over Denver as Denver likely only ties the Bills with losses to NE and Oakland.

Edited by eMoulds

It's been obvious for awhile that they aren't a playoff caliber team.

I predict they will win the next 2 games (I know those teams aren't good either), and maybe even beat the Raiders, and many here will be back on the wagon. Then they will lose another string of games.

It's the Wrex Wyan Wowercoaster. Too much emotion, not enough ice cold precision. He has to go.

Edited by HoF Watkins

The Bills have scored 25 points in three consecutive games...and lost all 3. I don't think the O is anything great but geez, the D has really let them down by giving up some HUGE plays to the opponents. They could've won the Seattle game if they could finish,,,,and shoulda' won the Miami game if not physically bulldozed by Miam's offense late.

Maybe the Bills deserve to have a fan base that calls it quits in mid season.

The question, as always, "Why bother to care and waste fall Sundays when you clearly know how it's going to end?"

Pick a hobby. Learn something new. Why subject yourself to torture when you know you're going to get heartbroken?

It's true. I haven't watched a game for 3 weeks, or anything more than highlights the 2 before that, because I've had other things to do. Last Monday I was in vegas, so, easy, forget football. The week before was a wedding that was a good time, the week before that I was at the gun range. I'm not sure it's worth trying to work my schedule around the Bills any longer as they don't seem to have it in them to put forth a consistent effort, as individuals, or as a franchise. Maybe ignore the season and watch the highlights on youtube in February.

I don't know about that..Chiefs and the Bronco's still have two against each other left.

Denver also has Titans, Patriots and Raiders...5 tough games there.

Chiefs outside of the 2 with Broncos have Falcons, Raiders, Titans, Chargers...

Aint over yet guys..these are flawed teams that win only cause the other team makes awful mistakes. Not looking good for others teams for sure...but sure as hell aint done yet either

This ^ but with 2 additional notes, one good, one bad.

Good: We have the 3rd easiest schedule in terms of W/L opponent records remaining in the entire NFL.

Bad: We are not the only team chasing them, so we have to fend off a lot of teams and its going to take at least 10 wins, meaning we have to win out or lose 1 more game at most to have a real shot. That Seattle game was huge loss because it pretty much ensured we have to become the hottest team in the NFL the rest of the year.

What really sucks is that this season feels more like bad luck or timing has stolen it from us. Injuries have been hugely impactful, Roman likely cost us 1, if not 2 wins during the first 2 weeks, and the refs screwed us against Seattle.

Seattle game really shows what this team was capable of...thats the same team that just beat the best team in the AFC in NE and it was at NE. We went into THEIR house, the toughest stadium in the NFL, and nearly shocked the world. But terrible officiating and a terrible injury to Wood with the game on the line did us in.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This ^ but with 2 additional notes, one good, one bad.

Good: We have the 3rd easiest schedule in terms of W/L opponent records remaining in the entire NFL.

Bad: We are not the only team chasing them, so we have to fend off a lot of teams and its going to take at least 10 wins, meaning we have to win out or lose 1 more game at most to have a real shot. That Seattle game was huge loss because it pretty much ensured we have to become the hottest team in the NFL the rest of the year.

What really sucks is that this season feels more like bad luck or timing has stolen it from us. Injuries have been hugely impactful, Roman likely cost us 1, if not 2 wins during the first 2 weeks, and the refs screwed us against Seattle.

Seattle game really shows what this team was capable of...thats the same team that just beat the best team in the AFC in NE and it was at NE. We went into THEIR house, the toughest stadium in the NFL, and nearly shocked the world. But terrible officiating and a terrible injury to Wood with the game on the line did us in.

That's the frustrating part with Rex and this staff, we put up that kind of effort in Seattle and in game 2 against NE last year then we have to wait 12 months for another one!! If we were that well prepared every week we wouldn't be where we are. Such a shame. Lynn has lived up to that so far, let's see if he can have another great game plan this week or if we get a few stinkers inbetween.

That's the frustrating part with Rex and this staff, we put up that kind of effort in Seattle and in game 2 against NE last year then we have to wait 12 months for another one!! If we were that well prepared every week we wouldn't be where we are. Such a shame. Lynn has lived up to that so far, let's see if he can have another great game plan this week or if we get a few stinkers inbetween.

I hate when people point to a win, and say "this is what this team is capable of", because the crap losses are also what this team is capable of.

These Bills aren't very good.

Believe it or not, there are still scenarios where the Bills could make the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Those scenarios seem pretty unlikely.

Let's start with Oakland, who has 7-2 and 7 more games to go. 3 home games in a row coming off a BYE against HOU, CAR, BUF. Then @KC, @SD, home against IND and @DEN. The only gimme on their schedule IMO is the home game against IND. If you give them HOU coming off the buy, they're at least 9-7, having to deal with only CAR, BUF, @KC, @SD and @DEN. If I were a betting man, I will say they finish the season 10-6 with losses to CAR, BUF, @KC, and @DEN. We also need that last game to mean something for both of these teams.

KC is also 7-2. They get TB, @DEN, @ATL, OAK, TEN, DEN, and @SD. Let's say they split with DEN which isn't inconceivable. A win against TB and TEN at home and I've already said they'll beat OAK, and they're 11-5 or better.

DEN is 7-3. They will have a BYE next week, but then play KC, @JAC, @TEN, NE, @KC, and OAK. Based on the KC and OAK thoughts, that's already 2 wins and a loss. Wins @JAC and @TEN get them to 11-5 or better as well.

Barring a complete collapse of one of these 3 teams or complete domination, every week is a win or stay home week for the Bills. This season could feel to us like the 2008 season felt for the Patriots. They went 11-5 and sat home watching the playoffs from their sofas. Not doomed yet, but a loss to the Bengals next weekend and the season is pretty much definitively over.

Bills have to go 6-1 just to get to 10-6, not happening.

I think we have a good chance of going 10-6 but i think it takes 11-5 to get in. I think the depth has drastically improved and next year will be the year we end the streak.

Exactly. It's time to lose out.

No. I think confidence is important.

Of course. It gives Bills fans this false sense of hope when they see the graphic of us still being in the hunt. Usually, it's shortly after Thanksgiving where reality starts to sink in and we can start focusing on the draft while other teams are getting ready for a playoff run. A Bills tradition like no other. Unfortunately, we won't have the added excitement of a new coaching search. We'll be waiting until next year for that one.

The truth is I actually look forward to the draft now days given the fact that we actually add talent now and not bust after bust.

Will T/K Pegs have the audacity to fire the greatest GM in the world? Don't they know he drafted Ron Darby AND traded for Jerry Hughes? :lol:

Don't forget signing two possible DPOY and cutting Mario, not resigning Byrd, Levitre. etc...

and that is this year! Last year the coaches wouldn't let those pro bowl pass rushers actually pass rush. This year the defense is so focused on pass rushing and cheating up with the safeties to help support the run defense that the Bills really good DB's are left in single coverage far too often. We all see the result and it stinks!

So, the Buffalo Bills lead the NFL in sacks and and have the leading sacker!! Yet it seems so ineffective because the better QB's are ripping the Bills secondary apart due to that man coverage.

What I want to know is when do we Bills fans see that best in the league defense that was promised by Rex Ryan? The 2016 Buffalo Bills are currently 21st in the league in total defense

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Mario is leading the league in sacks isn't he? LOL

Edited by manbeast

I think we have a good chance of going 10-6 but i think it takes 11-5 to get in. I think the depth has drastically improved and next year will be the year we end the streak.

There is a very specific way the AFC West has to win/lose to all get to 11-5. Chances are it won't happen. They will likely have better AFC records than us though.

Chiefs:

Tampy Bay

Denver

Atlanta

Oakland

Tennessee

Denver

San Diego

Broncos:

BYE

Chiefs

Jaguars

Titans

Patriots

Chiefs

Raiders

Raiders:

Houston

Carolina

Buffalo

Kansas City

San Diego

Indianapolis

Denver

Edited by What a Tuel

There is a very specific way the AFC West has to win/lose to all get to 11-5. Chances are it won't happen. They will likely have better AFC records than us though.

Chiefs:

Tampy Bay

Denver

Atlanta

Oakland

Tennessee

Denver

San Diego

Broncos:

BYE

Chiefs

Jaguars

Titans

Patriots

Chiefs

Raiders

Raiders:

Houston

Carolina

Buffalo

Kansas City

San Diego

Indianapolis

Denver

I don't see Pitt, Tenn or Mia going 11-5, and if we go 11-5 we hold the head to head against Oak as we would have to beat Oak to do so. So if they don't win the division we would be in. But I don't see us running the table and we would be 8-4 in AFC if we did. With Den and KC having a High possibility of 8-5 in AFC if they go 11-5. If we run the table we are likely in. I just dont see it happening and I do see KC going 11-5 with an 8-5 AFC record to take the final WildCard. One of them can go 14-2 and it means nothing to our playoff chances as long as it isn't Oak because that would mean we lost to them and at best finish 10-6.

Edited by manbeast