Bills pretty much toast after Broncos and Chiefs wins...

Big Turk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two ways for this to go for me...lose and get a better draft pick or watch Tyrod grow from the Seattle game....I'm interested in the latter....I'm hoping for the latter

Yup. There is growth to watch for. And just enjoying a football game.

I thought the Rex hire was a good one when it happened. His inflexibility in his scheme and insistence on leaving his CBs on islands has soured me on him. I just don't think he can be successful with it in today's NFL. Even so, he proved my initial impression wrong so maybe he will prove my current one wrong too. It certainly could happen. If I see growth with Taylor and the defense and they finish 9-7, then the games will have been worth watching and I'll have real hope for next season under Rex.

I'm calling this: they won't lose out. They'll win enough meaningless game to make it a useless first round pick

when does a first round pick become useless, after 10, 15? Guess there isnt to many good college players coming out this year

I'm calling this: they won't lose out. They'll win enough meaningless game to make it a useless first round pick

You can get a quality player throughout the first round. There are 3 or 4 prospects in this draft in the elite category: Allen, Garrett, Peppers and probably Fournette. If you're not picking top 4, then you aren't getting that level of prospect. A team can still get a blue chip player (or one who is close) throughout much of the first round though.

Yup. There is growth to watch for. And just enjoying a football game.

I thought the Rex hire was a good one when it happened. His inflexibility in his scheme and insistence on leaving his CBs on islands has soured me on him. I just don't think he can be successful with it in today's NFL. Even so, he proved my initial impression wrong so maybe he will prove my current one wrong too. It certainly could happen. If I see growth with Taylor and the defense and they finish 9-7, then the games will have been worth watching and I'll have real hope for next season under Rex.

and that is this year! Last year the coaches wouldn't let those pro bowl pass rushers actually pass rush. This year the defense is so focused on pass rushing and cheating up with the safeties to help support the run defense that the Bills really good DB's are left in single coverage far too often. We all see the result and it stinks!

So, the Buffalo Bills lead the NFL in sacks and and have the leading sacker!! Yet it seems so ineffective because the better QB's are ripping the Bills secondary apart due to that man coverage.

What I want to know is when do we Bills fans see that best in the league defense that was promised by Rex Ryan? The 2016 Buffalo Bills are currently 21st in the league in total defense

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Rex's biggest flaw is his ego. He inherited a top five defense and instead of leaving well enough alone, he decided to use square pegs in round holes with a new defense. 25 games in and it has been a bust. Defense is ranked 21st. Bottom third of the league. Not good Rex. If they show improvement and start to win, the guy will be coming back.