Gilmore In Boston

HailMary

I don't get the personal hate of Gilmore all of a sudden. Because he had a bad game he's not a bad person? Someone talk me through the logic.

The best I can think of is logic along the lines of: I expected him to be a better player and he's not the best cornerback of all time so now I'm going to dislike him on a personal level to cope with the fact that the Bills are going to let the best corner they have had in years walk for nothing and burn a high pick on his replacement. Just like they did with Clements and Winfield.

While hes not having the best year and most likely wont be back next year he definatly takes alot of the blame. This years mario williams, hopefully we can replace him with alexander/lawson type players next year

People expect that if you talk the talk, you walk the walk. He hasn't figured out the second part yet.

The guy has been disappointing than exemplary since we drafted him as "Unhappy Gilmore"

I don't get the personal hate of Gilmore all of a sudden. Because he had a bad game he's not a bad person? Someone talk me through the logic.

He hasn't had just one bad game, it's been several. Throw in the fact that he's missed several tackles, apparently playing not to get injured in a contract year. Finally, the Bills have a losing record and the secondary has been a big part of that. Gilmore is supposed to be our best D back, so it's obvious for him to get a lot of the blame especially when he's demanding top CB money and self proclaims to be one of the best at his position. I will say that we have not had a single DB that has been consistent this year, and I do feel the coaches have a part in this.

Bills picked him for a reason. He has made it on the field consistently, and has done everything the team asked him to do.

I would rather see a Buffalo sports team get in the habit of rewarding loyalty and dedication, then to see yet another Buffalo high profile professional sports player leave town, as has been the pattern over the last 20 years.

I wouldn't fire anybody. At this point, I would put Gilmore on as a punt blocker for $14 million a year than see another player leave Buffalo.

How about we see some flexibility on Rex? You've been doing nothing but football you're entire life, and you only know defense, and only one way of doing that?

Put players in a position to win.

This is the annual persecution by this board to run good players out of town causing us to expend high draft picks to replace existing players instead of using them to improve the team.

I agree, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the "supposed" Bills fans that post here are actually just trolls that are on Kraft's payroll.

Actually its probably because hes not giving a full effort on the field. Word is many down at OBD feel hes trying to avoid contact so he doesnt get hurt in a contract year. I think making Jimmy Graham look like an Olympic hurdler may qualify in that regard. And its not one bad game. Hes been lousy all season. 90th ranked corner according to PFF. That was before Seattle. Probably lower now.

Edited by TANK2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It's awful.

And those same few run to defend the head coach.

Gilmore has done a lot of this too himself with his "play not to get hurt" mentality, but he is a good player the Bills should resign.

No he is not and we should absolutely not re-sign him. He has been getting torched all year. Watch the games instead of going off of past perception of how good a corner Gilmore is.

No he is not and we should absolutely not re-sign him. He has been getting torched all year. Watch the games instead of going off of past perception of how good a corner Gilmore is.

What about Darby? I can only remember one CB getting benched this year.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

What about Darby? I can only remember one CB getting benched this year.

He's been bad too, but what does that have to do with re-signing Gilmore. Giving Gilmore a multi year deal would only compound the situation.

This is the annual persecution by this board to run good players out of town causing us to expend high draft picks to replace existing players instead of using them to improve the team.

Fans don't run good players out of town.

and it would hard for Gilmore to have turned the fan base around if he wished.

By making a tackle

He's been bad too, but what does that have to do with re-signing Gilmore. Giving Gilmore a multi year deal would only compound the situation.

The issue really is.. Is he worth resigning?

I suggest he does NOT want to play for the Bills at all. And this is his way of showing it.

I can only imagine how the rest of the players deal with him after the Sherman jersey episode. Tell me that wasn't scripted.

Regardless of his ablity Bills need to let someone else have him.

and i find it to be just plain silly to keep dragging Darby into this.

Bills picked him for a reason. He has made it on the field consistently, and has done everything the team asked him to do.

I would rather see a Buffalo sports team get in the habit of rewarding loyalty and dedication, then to see yet another Buffalo high profile professional sports player leave town, as has been the pattern over the last 20 years.

I wouldn't fire anybody. At this point, I would put Gilmore on as a punt blocker for $14 million a year than see another player leave Buffalo.

How about we see some flexibility on Rex? You've been doing nothing but football you're entire life, and you only know defense, and only one way of doing that?

Put players in a position to win.

I agree, however, "loyalty and dedication" aren't the words I think of when I think of Gilmore.

I agree, however, "loyalty and dedication" aren't the words I think of when I think of Gilmore.

Far from it. But that is the reality of it sometimes.

Did anyone see the scripted video of the DBs being interviewed and talking about the brotherhood and all that?

Thats is what drive me nuts. These guys have to look out for each other. It will always remain a team game in my mind. So i have issue with players that are looking out for themselves or like Mario and pissing about it.

Maybe i am living in the past, but that is much of why i like football. So much a Team effort

Rewind to a season ago, and we had possibly the best CB tandem in the league. I can't imagine that their play last season was a fluke. What other factors are at work here? Is it coaching? Is it the system? Is it the horrible safety play? A combination of all that?

I wouldn't pay Gilmore as a top CB because it looks to me like he has given up on his team. His attitude has been poor, and his effort in tackling has been horrible. Let him walk.

This team desperately needs to upgrade the safety positions in the offseason. Blanton sucks. Meeks and Duke Williams suck worse. And Graham is just getting old. Losing AW killed this defense, IMO.

Rewind to a season ago, and we had possibly the best CB tandem in the league. I can't imagine that their play last season was a fluke. What other factors are at work here? Is it coaching? Is it the system? Is it the horrible safety play? A combination of all that?

I wouldn't pay Gilmore as a top CB because it looks to me like he has given up on his team. His attitude has been poor, and his effort in tackling has been horrible. Let him walk.

This team desperately needs to upgrade the safety positions in the offseason. Blanton sucks. Meeks and Duke Williams suck worse. And Graham is just getting old. Losing AW killed this defense, IMO.

It is really this simple.

This off season needs to pick up very particular safeties for Rex's 4 dimensional chess game and draft one early and later too.

I think it really is something to try to peel back though and find out wtf happened.

Some say Donnie H. Whom I praised while here.

But that s just too simple and answer for me.

Maybe Tim McDonald actually sucks

It's awful.

And those same few run to defend the head coach.

Gilmore has done a lot of this too himself with his "play not to get hurt" mentality, but he is a good player the Bills should resign.

You dont re-sign players who dont give it everything. I never saw Ronnie Lott(yea Im old) shy away from contact in a contract year. Gilmore is this years version of Mario. Dont let the door hit ya buddy!

You dont re-sign players who dont give it everything. I never saw Ronnie Lott(yea Im old) shy away from contact in a contract year. Gilmore is this years version of Mario. Dont let the door hit ya buddy!

Sadly, I agree...

I've been backing Gilmore all season, but after seeing him whiff on all those tackles, I just can't do it anymore. The whole exchanging jerseys with Sherm think was the nail in the coffin for me. See ya Stephon.

Other teams have to see the same thing we see. He has never been as good as a top 5 guy and now he is playing not to get hurt - most likely. Someone will give him a decent contract but I doubt he will be in the top 15 maybe even not in the top 20 highest paid DB's.

I wonder about this Dragon. I suppose we shall find out though.