Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

Well, I like GG. I really do. But if anyone thinks that totally implementing all the electioneering promises and statements, and Party Platform Planks is the measure of a President's success, they're ignoring history.

What difference at this point does it make?

I wouldn't have started this thread with a different candidate (maybe Bernie), because none of them ran a populist campaign promising everything to everybody and painting themselves as the anti-politician. I called Trump a dumber Obama, and the voters bought into Trump's version of Hope & Change. So yeah, you bringing up Gitmo carries a certain irony to this thread.

The difference of course is that most of the world will highlight Trump's broken promises, while everyone ignored Obama's, and in fact cheered his ineptitude as a success, but then were blasted in the face by the reality of the election. That's what Trump faces, and his blowback will be more severe and more sudden.

I hope he doesn't break the promise of a big beautiful wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific ocean, and having the Mexicans pay for it.

I can't wait for Isis to be eliminated ASAP, Trump says he knows more about Isis than our Generals do so I see the world being Isis free by Memorial Day.

I hope he doesn't break the promise of a big beautiful wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific ocean, and having the Mexicans pay for it.

I can't wait for Isis to be eliminated ASAP, Trump says he knows more about Isis than our Generals do so I see the world being Isis free by Memorial Day.

Could it be because Trump is the secret leader of ISIS?

I wonder how the sanctuary cities issue will work out. Trump holds a big hammer in the Federal funding these cities receive.

They each get quite a lot of money from the feds and would really feel the crunch if he pulls the trigger on their funding.

Chicago

NYC

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Minneapolis

Surprisingly, the Obama Justice Department has already de-funded their Law Enforcement grants. Isn't that raycyst? :o

I wonder how the sanctuary cities issue will work out. Trump holds a big hammer in the Federal funding these cities receive.

They each get quite a lot of money from the feds and would really feel the crunch if he pulls the trigger on their funding.

Chicago

NYC

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Minneapolis

Surprisingly, the Obama Justice Department has already de-funded their Law Enforcement grants. Isn't that raycyst? :o

What's amazing is these cities already digging in their heals on protecting criminal illegal immigrants. What city wouldn't welcome the Federal government assisting in removing those that have criminal records?

What's amazing is these cities already digging in their heals on protecting criminal illegal immigrants. What city wouldn't welcome the Federal government assisting in removing those that have criminal records?

It's incredible, isn't it? I have no idea why anyone would want criminal illegals in their city.

Chicago

NYC

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Minneapolis

its raysis you ignant

It's incredible, isn't it? I have no idea why anyone would want criminal illegals in their city.

they're two strike criminals. And often times neglected or ignored by police. Jailing and removing them isn't usually an option. They come and live in this country against the law. They commit a crime. I am fine with forgiving. I can forgive anyone who shows they deserve it. But, the fact is I'm an individual and have no bearing on these people. The government cannot be soft or selective in its law enforcement. That's what is already causing racial discrimination as it is.

Of Course Donald Trump Supports Same-Sex Marriage
Some conservatives seem to be dismayed at Donald Trump’s comments on 60 Minutes last night that he is “fine” with same-sex marriage. Said Trump: “It’s done. . . . These cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled, and I’m fine with that.”
To which the only response is: Well, duh.
If you’re a social conservative who thought Trump would be a warrior against same-sex marriage, you’re a dupe.
And if you’re a liberal who thought the same, you’re also a dupe, just for different reasons.
Contrary to liberals’ fever dreams, Donald Trump is the most socially progressive candidate the Republican party has ever put forward. He’s pro-life because it’s a requirement in Republican politics, and because one time two friends of his were going to abort their child but didn’t, and that kid turned out to be a “total superstar” (raising the obvious question: Would Trump be pro-life had the kid not been a “superstar”?).
Likewise, while Trump has been pretty quiet about same-sex marriage, it’s always stood to reason that he’s not Jerry Falwell. After all, he’s spent his entire life seeking approval among the loftiest altitudes of Manhattan high society. The only reason Trump seems socially conservative to uninformed political observers is because he talks tough. But the rhetoric doesn’t reflect any substantive beliefs.
Setting aside the prospect of a dramatic Supreme Court decision – which would require a sea change on the Court, and probably in our wider political culture — the image of LGBT activists in the streets is, in fact, a touch ironic: Barack Obama’s support for same-sex marriage “evolved” over the course of his first term in the White House, and Hillary Clinton’s change of position was conveniently timed for her (second) run. Donald Trump is the only president to-date to support same-sex marriage at the time of his election.
:lol:

I don't fault Trump for not "going after" Clinton. I've been of the opinion she's elderly and ill and all it's going to do is make him look petty.

The President of the United States shouldn't be marshaling that amount of resources to go after a private citizen.

Besides, just because he's not going to appoint special prosecutors and all that jazz doesn't mean the she and Bill are entirely off the hook. The FBI will probably continue its active investigations into the Foundation.

Edited by dpberr

I don't fault Trump for not "going after" Clinton. I've been of the opinion she's elderly and ill and all it's going to do is make him look petty.

The President of the United States shouldn't be marshaling that amount of resources to go after a private citizen.

Besides, just because he's not going to appoint special prosecutors and all that jazz doesn't mean the she and Bill are entirely off the hook. The FBI will probably continue its active investigations into the Foundation.

Not only will the investigation continue, she won't have a biased justice department looking out for her.

Not only will the investigation continue, she won't have a biased justice department looking out for her.

You know what will be really fun? Trump's executive order banning the use of personal email for government communication...then his own personal violation of his EO within six months.

You know he's that stupid. You know it'll happen.

You know what will be really fun? Trump's executive order banning the use of personal email for government communication...then his own personal violation of his EO within six months.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Because you know, he's here to drain the swamp.

Donald Trump’s Foundation Engaged in Self-Dealing, IRS Filing Shows

President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation engaged in self-dealing in 2015 and prior years, the foundation said in an Internal Revenue Service filing.

That self-dealing, which typically triggers additional taxes for anyone who got improper benefits, resulted from payments to “disqualified persons,” or foundation insiders, according to the document. The document, which was the foundation’s tax return for 2015, doesn’t provide more details. Representatives for Mr. Trump didn’t respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

By definition, he can't. The President is the ultimate authority on what is and isn't classified. If he says "not classified," it isn't.

That's much, much more scary.

Besides, the word "classified" has a different definition to Trump. To him, classified means really very terrific, as in extra classy.