Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

I took this "Not arguing that. But I could have sworn that for about two years I heard that the biggest problem with GOP was that they weren't committed to eliminating ACA." as sarcasm.

Selective memory?

Those were well known to be symbolic bills, because of the obvious vetos. And they still got raked over the coals for not repealing ACA, desite not having any power to do so.

Trump campaigned on keeping these parts of Obamacare. So he's keeping his promise.

Of course he did. He's a politician, after all.

On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare

Of course he did. He's a politician, after all.

Semantics. He said that he would keep the pre-existing condition and allowing kids to stay on their parents policy parts during the debates. And a full repeal of Obamacare doesn't mean that they wouldn't put that stuff in the new healthcare law.

Semantics. He said that he would keep the pre-existing condition and allowing kids to stay on their parents policy parts during the debates. And a full repeal of Obamacare doesn't mean that they wouldn't put that stuff in the new healthcare law.

Which means he'll keep the worst part of the law, from an insurance perspective.

Forward!!!

I remember someone posting Trump's recommendations for replacing the ACA here back in the early days of the primary. If anyone can find it, it would make a good yardstick with which to compare whatever plans he eventually comes up with. As I remember, his proposals sounded pretty reasonable.

Trump also balked when asked whether he'd carry out his campaign pledge to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton.

"I don't want to hurt them," Trump said of the Clintons, noting he'd spoken to both Hillary and Bill Clinton since his victory.

"They're good people. I don't want to hurt them.

Trump also balked when asked whether he'd carry out his campaign pledge to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton.

"I don't want to hurt them," Trump said of the Clintons, noting he'd spoken to both Hillary and Bill Clinton since his victory.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/13/politics/donald-trump-60-minutes-first-interview/index.html

It's time to put the final shovel of soil on the Clintons. He could use energy to relitigate the old robotic almost first female first president, or move on to what will really help Americans across the nation.

It's time to put the final shovel of soil on the Clintons. He could use energy to relitigate the old robotic almost first female first president, or move on to what will really help Americans across the nation.

As far as I know, the CGI is still under investigation by the FBI, so that story is still far from finished.

Speaking of electioneering broken promises, just exactly when will Gitmo be closed? :unsure: That was a hallmark of a previous POTUS campaign... the first time around, and come to think of it, the second time around too.

If you're going to cloud the conversation with specifics, then we can't have a meaningful dialogue. :rolleyes:

Well, I like GG. I really do. But if anyone thinks that totally implementing all the electioneering promises and statements, and Party Platform Planks is the measure of a President's success, they're ignoring history.

You do realize this is a Trump thread right?

What difference at this point does it make?

Well, I like GG. I really do. But if anyone thinks that totally implementing all the electioneering promises and statements, and Party Platform Planks is the measure of a President's success, they're ignoring history.

Likewise, using bad behavior to justify bad behavior is best left to the leftists, who take every criticism of their candidates and argue how it's okay because someone else did it before them.

What difference at this point does it make?

Of course but reneging on promises before he even takes the oath lol