Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

Your sister sounds rather a lot like mine. My mother and I will be attending Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's place, and we plan to keep our heads down when the inevitable tantrums and pontificating begin. I'm just hoping to make it through dessert before the silverware starts flying.

Every year my wife and I host Thanksgiving at our house for her side of the family. They're virtually all right of center, so talk about politics has never been an issue, except last year when one of my wife's cousins started in about Trump. He was a complete Trump Davidian, and we all pretty much let him know that he was crazy and Trump would never make it past the primaries.

This year, my wife's mother, who lives in Cairo (Egypt, not NY), has been very sick, and after having just returned from there after two weeks, my wife may have to go back, so we cancelled Thanksgiving at our house this year.

I appreciate my mother in law taking one for the team, because the cousin is unbearable WITHOUT politics.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing is new..............

in 1939, the U.S. celebrated Democrat Thanksgiving and Republican Thanksgiving.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/11/franksgiving-roosevelt-thanksgiving-113195

That fall, Americans celebrated two Thanksgivings: In states where conservatives controlled the levers of government, the holiday fell on November 30. Where New Dealers were in control, November 23. So it remained for two years, until FDR signed legislation officially designating the fourth November of every year as Thanksgiving.

Does that mean we get to have 4 Memorial Days too?

I appreciate my mother in law taking one for the team, because the cousin is unbearable WITHOUT politics.

Apparently there's at least one cousin like that in every family.

I hope your mother-in-law gets well soon, and that your wife gets there & back safely.

I hope your mother-in-law gets well soon, and that your wife gets there & back safely.

But...but...but...according to baskin, we're all Trump supporters? So don't we want them to stay over there with all the other dirty brown people?

Thanks. So far, so good.

Interestingly, she was at the hospital with her mother during the election. She couldn't believe how friendly and helpful everyone was, and said everyone was thrilled when they heard Trump had won. I asked my apolitical wife why, and she said they all were afraid of Hillary winning because it's well known there that she and Obama are very tight with the Muslim Brotherhood, and everyone in Egypt is under the impression that the Muslim Brotherhood comprises very, very bad people.

Not sure why. I recall Obama telling us America has no greater ally. Something about always punching above its weight.

Edited by LABillzFan

I'm anxious to see what happens when construction of "The Wall" is started. I think it may supply a great diversion for all these SJW's, give them something to do.

they already are being ignored I north Dakota of recent at protests there for a gas line. They had water cannons shot at them with temps under 20°F after using a semi to pull apart Humvees chained together to keep protestors off of a bridge. Go find some of the footage. Its hilarious

Also, its funny, this is white people peacefully protesting they say. But getting g their ass kicked

Put.

Away.

Your.

Twitter.

Trump needs a nanny. I truly think he can do some great things but it's like watching a 13 year old girl prepare to run the country. "Not nice." Trump's thin skin makes Obama's look like plate mail +3.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-transition.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Edited by Benjamin Franklin