Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its probably one of these two.................

Generating Cognitive Dissonance for Fun

Reprogram an Anti-Trumper with This Article

I will add This:

KURT SCHLICHTER:

The left is trying to come to grips with its utter rejection, and its response to Donald Trump will be to fall back on an endless series of freakoutrages – hyperbolic, unhinged, hack media-fueled spasms of faux moral panic
every time he dares do anything.

Appoint someone to a job? Freak out – it’s an outrage!

Go to dinner? Freak out – it’s an outrage!

Actually keep promises made to the voters? Freak out – it’s an outrage!

But it isn’t going to work. Not anymore. Not with the form of the Destructor Hillary and the rest of super smart Team Smugfail chose. Freakoutrage fatigue is in effect. You can cry Wolf Blitzer all day long and nobody cares.

It’s important to understand why liberals are so angry and so scared. They are angry because they believe they have a moral right to command us, apparently bestowed by Gaia or #Science or having gone to Yale, and we are irredeemably deplorable for not submitting to their benevolent dictatorship.

They are scared because they fear we will wage the same kind of campaign of petty (and not so petty) oppression, intimidation, and bullying that they intended to wage upon us.

Is Google broken in Quebec, Sue?

Not broken, just spelled "le Gauxgol."

No it won't.

Read up on what Scott Adams has been writing about people's subconscious being twisted to justify why Hillary lost. If they admit that Hillary lost fair & square they also have to admit to being wrong and re evaluate their beliefs. Ain't happening.

Case in point: my sister's not talking to my father, because despite 40+ years of evidence to the contrary, she now has to believe that, since he voted for Trump, he's a Nazi bigot. Or face the fact that not everyone - and, in fact, very few people - who voted for Trump is a Nazi bigot, and face the reality that Clinton lost because she's reprehensible and condescending.

Not broken, just spelled "le Gauxgol."

Case in point: my sister's not talking to my father, because despite 40+ years of evidence to the contrary, she now has to believe that, since he voted for Trump, he's a Nazi bigot. Or face the fact that not everyone - and, in fact, very few people - who voted for Trump is a Nazi bigot, and face the reality that Clinton lost because she's reprehensible and condescending.

Your sister sounds rather a lot like mine. My mother and I will be attending Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's place, and we plan to keep our heads down when the inevitable tantrums and pontificating begin. I'm just hoping to make it through dessert before the silverware starts flying.

Your sister sounds rather a lot like mine. My mother and I will be attending Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's place, and we plan to keep our heads down when the inevitable tantrums and pontificating begin. I'm just hoping to make it through dessert before the silverware starts flying.

I'd recommend wearing this:

ProductPage02.png?v=1450383908

No it won't.

Read up on what Scott Adams has been writing about people's subconscious being twisted to justify why Hillary lost. If they admit that Hillary lost fair & square they also have to admit to being wrong and re evaluate their beliefs. Ain't happening.

I don't think many are in denial about the EC not working in the her favor, maybe some wingnuts who think the EC should be abolished. Hillary list because of hubris and complacency, she assumed she had the Blue Wall or whatever its called in place and those people we're "in the bag".... it will remain to be seen if Trump policies deliver on what rust belters desire, IMHO they crave a time long since passed that isn't coming back.... the point being, many butt hurt Hillary supporters have to look in the mirror and ask if they too we're complacent, and if they had been active, would it have been a different outcome?

My sister...this is unusually extreme for her. She's liberal, but usually far more rational (i.e. you can actually discuss things with her, sometimes) and understands common human decency (i.e. just because people disagree with you, doesn't make them wrong, or evil). The cognitive dissonance she's going through must be extraordinary.

No, my sister-in-law's the real raving loon. She'll interrupt private conversations to tell people they're wrong, and racist, and should think otherwise, and when it's pointed out how rude that is she'll insist it's not because she has a moral responsibility to "correct incorrect thoughts," and can't understand why people can't stand to have her around. (This is the same idiot, by the way, who once chewed me out for disciplining - verbally, and gently - my nice, by saying "We don't say no to our children; we want them to grow up feeling free to explore the world." To which I immediately said "Jane [my 3-year-old niece], go play with the stove.") She's so mentally !@#$ed up that her cognitive dissonance has cognitive dissonance of its own.

My sister who has hosted Thanksgiving for several years is a psychologist and has analyzed Trump from afar. He scares her. BTW from what I've heard (I've not spent Thanksgiving with my family in 35 years) an empty glass of wine on Thanksgiving scares her too. Dinner at her house actually sounds like a blast. Though she is very liberal and afraid of Trump whenever I give her my thoughts on things she often says "You're absolutely right!" so she's not totally unreasonable. Even so it's probably wise that I'm 3,000 away. Maybe next year. We'll see how his first 10 months go.

My sister who has hosted Thanksgiving for several years is a psychologist and has analyzed Trump from afar. He scares her. BTW from what I've heard (I've not spent Thanksgiving with my family in 35 years) an empty glass of wine on Thanksgiving scares her too. Dinner at her house actually sounds like a blast. Though she is very liberal and afraid of Trump whenever I give her my thoughts on things she often says "You're absolutely right!" so she's not totally unreasonable. Even so it's probably wise that I'm 3,000 away. Maybe next year. We'll see how his first 10 months go.

If you're not scared of Trump, you're not paying attention.

The argument is whether or not Hillary's scarier (yes, yes she is.)

.... the point being, many butt hurt Hillary supporters have to look in the mirror and ask if they too we're complacent, and if they had been active, would it have been a different outcome?

This article was buried in a separate article someone posted yesterday, and it speaks to your question.

I'm surprised it didn't get more viral time among the right side of social media because it is probably one of the most honest post-mortems of the election.

Trump knew what he was doing when he invited his crowds to jeer and hiss the reporters covering him. They hate us, and have for some time.

And can you blame them? Journalists love mocking Trump supporters. We insult their appearances. We dismiss them as racists and sexists. We emote on Twitter about how this or that comment or policy makes us feel one way or the other, and yet we reject their feelings as invalid.

It’s a profound failure of empathy in the service of endless posturing. There’s been some sympathy from the press, sure: the dispatches from “heroin country” that read like reports from colonial administrators checking in on the natives. But much of that starts from the assumption that Trump voters are backward, and that it’s our duty to catalogue and ultimately reverse that backwardness. What can we do to get these people to stop worshiping their false god and accept our gospel?

We diagnose them as racists in the way Dark Age clerics confused medical problems with demonic possession. Journalists, at our worst, see ourselves as a priestly caste. We believe we not only have access to the indisputable facts, but also a greater truth, a system of beliefs divined from an advanced understanding of justice.

My sister...this is unusually extreme for her. She's liberal, but usually far more rational (i.e. you can actually discuss things with her, sometimes) and understands common human decency (i.e. just because people disagree with you, doesn't make them wrong, or evil). The cognitive dissonance she's going through must be extraordinary.

No, my sister-in-law's the real raving loon. She'll interrupt private conversations to tell people they're wrong, and racist, and should think otherwise, and when it's pointed out how rude that is she'll insist it's not because she has a moral responsibility to "correct incorrect thoughts," and can't understand why people can't stand to have her around. (This is the same idiot, by the way, who once chewed me out for disciplining - verbally, and gently - my nice, by saying "We don't say no to our children; we want them to grow up feeling free to explore the world." To which I immediately said "Jane [my 3-year-old niece], go play with the stove.") She's so mentally !@#$ed up that her cognitive dissonance has cognitive dissonance of its own.

My sister is generally pretty bright, and is a kind-hearted sort, but she's relatively new to the topics of politics and social issues. Her first big influences were from her "research" into GMOs. She has rheumatoid arthritis and blames it on Monsanto. This led her into areas where she's become heavily influenced by things like the Occupy Movement, Bernie supporters, etc. Now she's a self-proclaimed expert on all things political and social. Her stock reply to almost anything she disagrees with always starts with the phrase "I can't believe (emphasis on 'believe') that you blah, blah, blah...". As far as I'm concerned, there is no discussing anything remotely related to social topics or politics with her until she takes a step back, stops simply repeating propaganda she's read here or there, and starts trying to get to the truth of a few things.

You can't have either an argument or even a simple discussion with anyone who hasn't even been honest enough with themselves to actually develop real convictions yet. So, no talk of such things at Thanksgiving dinner, and holiday helmets at the table, just in case.

I'm wearing this:

make-america-great-again-red-hat-9.gif

Want to come to my sister's place this Thursday? :lol:

I think I'll ship that to my sister-in-law for Christmas.

I got mine for 10 bucks on e-bay, and purchased through a non-Trump affiliated vendor so I didn't have to give his campaign any money to get it. I'm wearing it everywhere to troll idiots.

If you're buying for your sister-in-law, I'd suggest buying directly from the Trump website, and letting her know that you made the contribution on her behalf.