Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

No...but I can't remember the last time a candidate lost to a candied yam, either.

And I think that's the freakout foundation, really. I said it months ago and it bears repeating now; just how unbelievably horrible must you be as a presidential candidate to lose to Donald Trump?

This woman spent her entire life getting to this moment. She has more money and more contacts that possibly anyone in the global political arena. This was the electoral equivalent of a t-ball "at bat."

The entire time I kept expecting grandma to schitt her Depends, it turns out she was more focused on schitting the whole bed.

EDIT: Now I'm reading that Barbara Boxer -- on her way out the door -- filed a bill to scrap the electoral college. Absolutely insane with this statement...

"The Electoral College is an outdated, undemocratic system that does not reflect our modern society, and it needs to change immediately," she said.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And honestly, it's the fevered pitch of their panic that is so unbelievable. The "get an abortion now" stuff is just a microcosm of the larger freak out.

And that's really what it is. A freak out.

Can anyone here even come close to remembering the last time so many people freaked out about a loss?

It's beyond ridiculous.

It's beyond ridiculous.

But (at least) now we are talking about limits on the power of the Presidency again..........................if Hillary had won we certainly wouldn't be.

and (of course) the press is trying to reclaim their role................

NOW THEY ASK: Will America Now Have a Pravda?

With Breitbart.com’s Steve Bannon now in a seat of White House power, Donald Trump will have a weapon no president has ever wielded, Jack Shafer claims at Politico.

HUH. WHAT’S CHANGED THIS YEAR?

Thanksgiving Invites Now Ban ‘Political’ Talk. Why Not in 2008, 2012?

Edited by B-Man

But (at least) now we are talking about limits on the power of the Presidency again..........................if Hillary had won we certainly wouldn't be.

and (of course) the press is trying to reclaim their role................

NOW THEY ASK: Will America Now Have a Pravda?

Wasn't that the Times' role?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/us/elections/to-our-readers-from-the-publisher-and-executive-editor.html?_r=0

Sultzburger can take his zero-credibility newspaper and roll it tightly and push it into his rear.

QED: Actual headline at the Times: “A Newly Vibrant Washington Fears That Trump Will Drain Its Culture.”

As Heather Wilhelm writes at NRO, “One could write a doctoral thesis regarding the multiple-layered ironies within this headline, or merely stare at it and marvel for days.”

Sadly, it will receive no such analysis from the editorial offices of the Times itself, aka, the school cafeteria from Saved By the Bell.

HEH:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-15-at-2.18.17-PM.png

I remember when racial profiling was supposed to be bad.

No, it's always been ok if you are a progressive and you're merely pointing out how black and Hispanic people can't possibly succeed without a truckload of government handouts or special rules.

Pity the anti-Trump protesters thronging the streets of American cities.
Apparently, no one ever told them that they live in a geographically, economically, and ideologically varied nation, and that about half of its inhabitants might support a Republican candidate for president.
They mistook the country for the campus of Oberlin College.
The news that it actually isn’t arrived with the force of a thunderclap on November 8. The shock of Donald Trump’s election has occasioned tears, rending of garments, and days of protests showcasing the rank infantilism of the American Left.gmc14635620161111041200.jpg

15037201_1265918593469440_88861673283928

Hey! Dammit! This is an alt-right meme! Don't you know that you are an antisemite if you post(hilarious) memes from the the various Pepe aficionados?

One wonders, but then, one knows: the leftist clowns will learn nothing from this. Or: they will learn exactly as much as they know about the current whereabouts of the forgotten #girls, by which this meme was born.

Whitelash, Blacklash? How about just the lash in general?

Winston Churchill: The traditions of the British Navy are "Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash". ......about 45 minute pause in this post....because I had to listen to this album(Pogues) again, and why the F not? "So be easy and free, when you're drinking with me, I'm a man you don't meet every day."

It is, as always, as I say.

Anyhow, as I have been saying for nigh on 10 years now: the lash is coming for the D party. They abandoned my elected grandfather's party. His legacy...which represents significant, real-world results for the working family, from 1952-1988, was destroyed by the Obama tyranny. Obama's legacy cost my grandfather his. If Grandpa was alive today, Donna Brazille would be walking around with a bat up her ass, and he would have handled that job...personally. No "staff".

He and his crew kicked the communists out of the D party in the 50s, and now? All of my grandfather's people: voted for Trump. No schit. I was just there. Union people. People I have kicked down Republican signs with, people that I have stood around oil can fires with at 6 am with, people who gave me my first shot of whiskey/cigarette and dared me to raise hell during elections, people that knew me, or who was I was going to be, before I was even born?

They voted for Trump.

It's not like there's a run on guns and ammo at Walmart or something...

Aren't you at least a little happy that there will be a bald president? What has it been? Since Gerald Ford? Reagan and Clinton had enough hair to make up for Ford's shortcomings that had to suck. Are you going to go with a combover or are you going to ask Trump to embrace the dome?