SHERMAN NOW THE VICTIM

you really really need to educate yourself. no one said castration is specific to america, or blacks...but in this country, given its disgusting history of hatred, nationalism, and ethnocentrism; things hold very different meanings.

everything is relative. don't understand why its so hard to grasp.

thanks for using the same definition. still have yet to point out thuggish behavior..

I was pointing out the synonyms. Often times words are not used precisely for their definition. Sherman was acting like a thug. Rules don't apply, and staring in the face of authority (a head coach) in a challenging fashion when said head coach hadn't done or said anything.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he's not even close to the list of top thugs playing a violent sport - Butkus, Incognito, Conrad Dobler, Romanowski- are way bigger thugs than Sherman.

But clearly the Seahawks plan was to take out our below average K.

It doesn't have to be planned to be a violent dirty hit by a crybaby hypocrite.

I was pointing out the synonyms. Often times words are not used precisely for their definition. Sherman was acting like a thug. Rules don't apply, and staring in the face of authority (a head coach) in a challenging fashion when said head coach hadn't done or said anything.

Are you serious? Rex was taking crap to him (which I don't mind at all).

It is funny that people who didn't play in the game are more mad than the players who actually played. I bet Carpenter won't even cal lSherman a thug.

I mean, I'm not really trying to run around in public calling a black guy an animal that needs to be castrated. Or a thug.

It all carries a certain tone and implications that I'm just not trying to put out there, intentional or not

Yeah the castration thing is a bad look whether it's intentionally racist or not.

The fastest way to silence an argument is to dehumanize the person you are arguing against........we see it here on TSW plenty......and you gotta' be aware that it's racism 101 to equate other races to animals when you are or are perceived as "white".

And Sherman is absolutely not a thug.

He's a bi-polar, 3/4 crazy mofo who loses his mind in competition and will probably die from a self-inflicted gunshot wound post career.........but he's not anything close to a thug and would love to have him on my team.

Yeah, he's not even close to the list of top thugs playing a violent sport - Butkus, Incognito, Conrad Dobler, Romanowski- are way bigger thugs than Sherman.

But clearly the Seahawks plan was to take out our below average K.

Not saying that was his plan. I am saying he saw an opportunity to rough up the kicker before kicking the next attempt. I don't know what to tell you if you don't think that was his thought process, and that he really thought he was Flash Gordon in the backfield almost before the ball got to the holder.

Are you serious? Rex was taking crap to him (which I don't mind at all).

It is funny that people who didn't play in the game are more mad than the players who actually played. I bet Carpenter won't even cal lSherman a thug.

No. Rex was talking back to him. He is the only one that told the media what he said and that was "you are too good a player to act like an ass". Otherwise you don't know what was said.

I mean, I'm not really trying to run around in public calling a black guy an animal that needs to be castrated. Or a thug.

Ummmm, I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a crap what color skin is wrapped around the dirtbag who tried to end her husband's career.

The color of his skin means nothing to this story except to those who think it means everything to everyone. And if you look deeply enough, it is there you will find the true racists.

Yeah the castration thing is a bad look whether it's intentionally racist or not.

The fastest way to silence an argument is to dehumanize the person you are arguing against........we see it here on TSW plenty......and you gotta' be aware that it's racism 101 to equate other races to animals when you are or are perceived as "white".

And Sherman is absolutely not a thug.

He's a bi-polar, 3/4 crazy mofo who loses his mind in competition and will probably die from a self-inflicted gunshot wound post career.........but he's not anything close to a thug and would love to have him on my team.

Nice post.

ESPN now having a little pity party for Richie the thug Sherman

Only on the most liberal pos network in the world could any of last night be twisted into sobbing for Richie the thug. Now turning Carps wife into a racist for her tweet after a thug who can't control his rage gets called out for not controlling his rage

WOW

He went to Stanford and is exceptionally intelligent. Pretty far from a thug.

It's hilarious the double standards people have here. Did you call Incognito a thug, when he was a multiple winner of dirtiest player in the NFL? Or how about Brandon Spikes, when he took numerous cheap shots on Bills?

Blame the refs for being idiots. Sherman is far from my favorite player but there are plenty of other players who are far worse.

And sadly, he comes off looking much better with his response to her tweet.

Exactly! Sherman f'd up. So what. There's a penalty for what he did in the NFL. The refs didn't call it right and then compounded the problem by standing over the football so we couldn't snap it. Blame the refs.

Sherman was the victim! Put aside his dirty plays, Robert Woods had 10 catches for 162 yards, Goodwin had 4 for 43 and Taylor was accurate throwing for 27 of 38 for 289 yards. The Bills are a run first team who just passed all over the Legion of Gloom. I know we lost and a win would have been better, but Sherman got victimized by Woods.

ROBERT WOODS = 10 CATCHES FOR 162 YARDS!!!

Robert Woods just earned some serious money next year for that performance.

Ummmm, I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a crap what color skin is wrapped around the dirtbag who tried to end her husband's career.

The color of his skin means nothing to this story except to those who think it means everything to everyone. And if you look deeply enough, it is there you will find the true racists.

I'll stand by that using traditional and standard issue racially coded language is likely going to end poorly for you.

Until we start seeing high motor lunch pail players called animals and thugs, I'll maintain that there's something in the words for a lot of people

Anyone remember this article from only a week or two ago:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/richard-sherman-seahawks-what-you-dont-know-about-cornerback/

I get that he's talking about coverage, but it's not a stretch to say he went after Carpenter not (just) the ball:

There’s an art to hand-fighting. When receivers and corners get into it, especially in press coverage, hands fly. People can talk about pass interference or illegal contact all they want, but inside of a route, both the receiver’s and the corner’s hands are constantly moving. Each will push and pull — whatever the situation dictates — within those motions to gain position. To the casual observer (and even to referees at times) all this action goes mostly unnoticed. But the great receivers will always be able to get away with it, and the great corners will always be able to combat it. It’s only a split second, but it can be the difference between a pass completion, an interception or a pass breakup. Part of it is strength, but there’s also a fluidity to it — on both sides of the ball — to where you don’t get flagged.

It has to look natural. That’s the trick

you really really need to educate yourself. no one said castration is specific to america, or blacks...but in this country, given its disgusting history of hatred, nationalism, and ethnocentrism; things hold very different meanings.

everything is relative. don't understand why its so hard to grasp.

thanks for using the same definition. still have yet to point out thuggish behavior..

" this country" ? Perhaps you should find a new one. Josh Brown is a thug , and Sherman is as well. That hit was violent , dirty, and borderline criminal. It was intentional and a shot at ending a guy's career . Sherman may be intelligent , but he's a thug nonetheless. Unconscious bias? It's never unconscious . Our biases are decisions made after collecting data during our lives. It's a conscious and thought out stance or opinion on something or someone. Isn't that the thing now anyway? its our " experience" so that makes it right? It works both ways . Thug is not a racist term nor is saying you want to " cut - nuts off" . It's just an expression , and devoid of any implication of race.

He went to Stanford and is exceptionally intelligent. Pretty far from a thug.

He's smart. But a thug nonetheless. It comes through in how he plays. That was a thuggish play.

so how is he a thug? please, define that term for me?

dirty play, yes. act of a "thug"...hmmm no. I know plenty of "thugs". real ones. NONE have attended college, and definitely not the likes of Stanford.

so please, explain how he is a thug?

oxford defines a thug as: a violent person, especially a criminal.

funny, josh brown ADMITS to be being a violent individual and beating his wife, which is also a crime. he was never referred to as a thug...hmmm

but i guess im just playing the race card, because unconscious bias is nonexistent...

Hes a dirty player that I have zero respect for. Could have ended Carpenters career. Is that better? And the kicker for the Giants is a piece of dog s--t!!!!