Richard Sherman:NFL-wide conspiracy against the Seahawks

YoloinOhio

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/11/3/13512946/2016-nfl-richard-sherman-conspiracy-seattle-seahawks-referees-roger-goodell?utm_campaign=sbnation.social&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sbnationnfl&utm_source=twitter

"The numbers speak for themselves," said Sherman. "We're always at the bottom of the league for defensive holding or illegal contact or [pass interference]. We're usually one of the least penalized in that regard, but we're still one of the highest penalized teams and our opponents arent penalized at all"

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes incredible points.

I can remember - not too many years ago - when I would look forward to Sundays, even though the Bills were horrible. Football, in general was a lot of fun to watch.

Over the last couple years, it is simply not the same.

Football has been ruined by this fake "player safety" bullsh*t, IMO. They don't give two schits about player safety. They give a schit about getting sued in the future and they give a schit about popular QBs missing time.

Defenses can't defend. Hitters can't hit.

The quality of football has gone down because they're not allowed to practice as much.

The officiating has gotten horrible.

They can't celebrate anymore. WTF is that???

So ... Sherman, IMO, said a lot of very accurate things in his rant.

Football isn't fun for the players and it shows. Therefore, it's not as much fun for many fans. I'm certainly one of them.

Right, that's why they were allowed to clutch and grab their way to two Super Bowl appearances and 1 victory.

After they won their SuperBowl , the NFL implemented the new guidelines to cut down on the mauling of wide receivers that played a role in their defensive prowess that season. Its telling that Sherman is complaining about it.

This is the team that came out and said that they would hold on every play knowing that the refs weren't going to call every hold. Now he's complaining about the calls?

He's not that bright after all--or he thinks the rest of us are much dumber than he is. Anyway, none of this is new or news>>>

From an ESPN article about Seahawks SB run seasons, where they had the most wins and 2 SB appearances over 3 years--yet were the most penalized team in the NFL.

"After the league-wide crackdown on pass interference, the 2014 Seahawks changed their ways -- kind of. This season they were flagged for PI just seven times. (You ask me, they just got better and smarter at hiding it.) However, what the 2014 Seahawks seemed to have done is take the aggressive, push-the-envelope mentality of their defensive backfield and spread it out all over the entire field. Now, they start early on offense, they creep into the neutral zone, they hold, they grab, they interfere and they dare the NFL to properly police them."

"A lot of the Seahawks' league-leading 144 penalties are pre-snap infractions.

What's more, you and I see Seattle defensive end Michael Bennett and his numerous offside penalties and we immediately think: that fool got caught 10 times - 10 TIMES!

Whereas the Seahawks look at Bennett and think: that dude got away with a head start 250 TIMES!"

This is how that team plays. Everyone understands this and it hasn't changed since Sherman has been there, so what is he crying about now?

Edited by Mr. WEO